[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
FuBAR Translation Game 3 - Page 6 - UniLang

FuBAR Translation Game 3

This forum is for games of various sorts. Moderators may lock games that are too similar to already existing ones.

Moderators: Car, Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, Global Moderators

ILuvEire
Link Moderator

Re: FuBAR Translation Game 3

Postby ILuvEire » 2009-03-25, 7:37

Backwards Text in Hands Of: ILuvEire

This means the one going Bokmål -> Nynorsk? I haven't got it yet...
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2009-03-25, 7:39

No sorry, I haven't updated it. It should be in sjheisses hands according to my records.

ILuvEire
Link Moderator

Postby ILuvEire » 2009-03-25, 7:40

mrhashimoto wrote:No sorry, I haven't updated it. It should be in sjheisses hands according to my records.

Oh, okay. I was a little nervous there for a second. :)
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2009-03-25, 7:43

Hehe, that better? sjheiss and neqitan are the ones in the hot seat. I had updated the colours before ur comment but not the bit at the bottom...

Aleco
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Aleco » 2009-03-25, 8:00

ILuvEire wrote:
mrhashimoto wrote:No sorry, I haven't updated it. It should be in sjheiss's hands according to my records.

Oh, okay. I was a little nervous there for a second. :)

Well, next up is you from Bokmål to Nynorsk :P
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Understands (sv) Understands (dk) Studied (ja)
Understands some (nl) Mom's side of the family (fo) Studies now and then (et) Curious about (cs)

Scoot

Postby Scoot » 2009-03-25, 13:53

Cassielle, I didn't notice the ambiguity when doing the translation, so I guess I chose one way for it to go. I just checked what you sent me and think I see what you mean. Actually, I think I translated it with the meaning which makes less sense. LOL oops. :lol:

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2009-03-30, 9:25

*shoots an evil look in sjheisses and neqitans general direction*

Serafín

Postby Serafín » 2009-03-30, 15:19

Why? Don't worry about it. :)

Cassielle

Postby Cassielle » 2009-04-01, 9:28

We seem to be at a bit of a standstill, here.
And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat plenty of fresh vegetables.

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2009-04-01, 9:36

Neqitan wrote:Why? Don't worry about it. :)

Because you and sjheiss are meant to be translating it... your four days is well up!!

*HINT HINT* :roll: :| :wink:

loqu
Language Forum Moderator
Location: Sevilla (Andalucía) and València (País Valencià), but originally from Cádiz (Andalucía)

Postby loqu » 2009-04-01, 9:50

hey, don't ILuvEire it. :lol:
De tant que et vull, et trac un ull.
Qui no vulga pols, que no vaja a l'era.

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2009-04-01, 9:53

Since when is ILuvEire a verb? :P 8-)

What's that meant to mean ah?

loqu
Language Forum Moderator
Location: Sevilla (Andalucía) and València (País Valencià), but originally from Cádiz (Andalucía)

Postby loqu » 2009-04-01, 10:21

mrhashimoto wrote:Since when is ILuvEire a verb? :P 8-)

What's that meant to mean ah?

Oh, you haven't been aware of what happened at the Oral Broken Translation Game.
De tant que et vull, et trac un ull.
Qui no vulga pols, que no vaja a l'era.

Sean of the Dead

Postby Sean of the Dead » 2009-04-01, 19:26

mrhashimoto wrote:
Neqitan wrote:Why? Don't worry about it. :)

Because you and sjheiss are meant to be translating it... your four days is well up!!

*HINT HINT* :roll: :| :wink:

Well no one ever sent me the text. :?
Main focuses: [flag]kw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag]
Sub focus: Plautdietsch
On my own: [flag]is[/flag]

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2009-04-02, 4:58

*smacks ILE's hand*

I'll send it to you.

Cassielle

Postby Cassielle » 2009-04-05, 0:56

K, guys, seriously. Can we get this moving again?
And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat plenty of fresh vegetables.

Serafín

Postby Serafín » 2009-04-05, 1:16

I've been working on the text, but it's been pretty challenging to make sense of all this Cantonese mess. Sadly, it will take me more than I expected :cry: . There are some words that I simply can't understand what are they doing there, they don't make sense with the rest of words in the sentence, or with the other sentences for that matter. It's... weird. Is it that illogical?

But I'm gonna make it. :)

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2009-04-05, 1:53

Haha, so long as you do make it :) I knew the text would be a challenge, especially through that finnish - chinese - arabic section which your part of, so you're forgiven. Just translate it best you can, doesn't have to make sense, for that would spoil the point of the game :)

Jayden

Cassielle

Postby Cassielle » 2009-04-05, 2:14

Neqitan wrote: There are some words that I simply can't understand what are they doing there, they don't make sense with the rest of words in the sentence, or with the other sentences for that matter. It's... weird. Is it that illogical?

But I'm gonna make it. :)

Thank you for the update :D

It might be that illogical. I had a good handful of illogical things just from the French, and that was before the aforementioned finnish-chinese-arabic chunk. I have no idea what you are looking at now, but it *has* to be ridiculous :lol:

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2009-04-05, 2:23

Urgh I can't wait to see what becomes of this text ^^!!

Return to “Games”