[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Miss Unilang - UniLang

Miss Unilang

This forum is for games of various sorts. Moderators may lock games that are too similar to already existing ones.

Moderators: Car, Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, Global Moderators

モモンガ

Miss Unilang

Postby モモンガ » 2011-07-22, 17:53

This game is an easy one, you post photo of a pretty girl, and the person under you rates her ,(5 points max), and posts another girl.

Not countries but languages, are nominated, so for example Tamil women can go as Tamil, and not as Indians.
Singaporean women count as Chinese (unless they are different ethnicity) etc

You cannot nominate your own language.

You can post as many girls' photos as thou wish est.
The language with the most points wins.

The number of girls is unlimited for a language.

You should nominate only girls with the language you are learning.
[flag]tr[/flag]Türkçe [flag]vi[/flag]㗂越[flag]lo[/flag]ພາສາລາວ[flag]tet[/flag]Prasa Tetun

linguoboy

Re: Miss Unilang

Postby linguoboy » 2011-07-22, 18:49

Whew! When I saw the topic, I thought participating in this thread would require me to TALK TO AN ACTUAL BREATHING HUMAN FEMALE. I'm so relieved to find out that that isn't the case.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Chekhov

Postby Chekhov » 2011-07-22, 19:56

Uh, given the demographics of this forum, wouldn't a Mr. Unilang be more in order?
吾が舞へば、麗し女、酔ひにけり
吾が舞へば、照る月、響むなり

モモンガ

Postby モモンガ » 2011-07-23, 12:27

It is not that people talk to Miss.

It's just voting.

Mister would do too, but I think it should be in separate thread.

The girl who receives 100 pkts, stops the contest and is the winner.
[flag]ko[/flag]
You have to copy the overall score, with added points, like this:
(example)
[flag]uk[/flag]54
[flag]fi[/flag]45
[flag]ug[/flag]85
[flag]tr[/flag]Türkçe [flag]vi[/flag]㗂越[flag]lo[/flag]ພາສາລາວ[flag]tet[/flag]Prasa Tetun

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2011-07-23, 12:42

Chekhov wrote:Uh, given the demographics of this forum, wouldn't a Mr. Unilang be more in order?

Seconded.

BezierCurve

Postby BezierCurve » 2011-07-23, 13:13

I vote for the lady in hashi's avatar. 5 points.
Brejkam wszystkie rule.

"I love tautologies, they're so ... tautological." Hunef

Chekhov

Postby Chekhov » 2011-07-23, 18:26

Down with sexism! Down with sexism!
吾が舞へば、麗し女、酔ひにけり
吾が舞へば、照る月、響むなり

ceid donn

Postby ceid donn » 2011-07-24, 4:54

Actually, sexism is an issue around here, or rather more specifically, misogyny. But hey, if we have moderators going around talking about hating women or putting rape jokes in their sigs, why not this trashy, redneck bullshit too?

Stay classy, Unilang.

Chekhov

Postby Chekhov » 2011-07-24, 5:57

I think I just chewed out someone for being sexist today, so you don't have to tell me that.
吾が舞へば、麗し女、酔ひにけり
吾が舞へば、照る月、響むなり

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2011-07-24, 5:59

Chekhov wrote:I think I just chewed out someone for being sexist today, so you don't have to tell me that.

Don't flatter yourself.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2011-07-24, 7:09

nì eile wrote:But hey, if we have moderators going around talking about hating women or putting rape jokes in their sigs, why not this trashy, redneck bullshit too?

And, hey, if it's open season for mysogyny here, then why not for other forms of chauvinism as well?

nì eile wrote:Stay classy, Unilang.

What she said.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Chekhov

Postby Chekhov » 2011-07-24, 20:58

Don't flatter yourself.
Likewise.
吾が舞へば、麗し女、酔ひにけり
吾が舞へば、照る月、響むなり

xkuehn
Country: ZA South Africa (Suid-Afrika / uMzantsi Afrika / South Africa)

Postby xkuehn » 2011-07-25, 7:58

モモンガ wrote:This game is an easy one, you post photo of a pretty girl, and the person under you rates her ,(5 points max), and posts another girl.

I came here thinking it was going to be a(n unintentionally) funny member pictures thread. Since it's gone off topic anyway, I'll just sit back and occasionally fan the flames. :twisted:

Pretty girl, though.

nì eile wrote:we have moderators going around talking about hating women or putting rape jokes in their sigs

What? Where? Seriously, I haven't noticed such a thing. Maybe we read different forums.

linguoboy wrote:Whew! When I saw the topic, I thought participating in this thread would require me to TALK TO AN ACTUAL BREATHING HUMAN FEMALE. I'm so relieved to find out that that isn't the case.

Don't worry man. You don't have to leave the basement to use Unilang.
Native: [flag]af[/flag][flag]en[/flag]. Intermediate: [flag]de[/flag][flag]nl[/flag]. Beginner: [flag]ja[/flag][flag]st[/flag].
Google Translate wrote:And Google Translator, Babel Fish translation costs excretion.

Kasuya

Postby Kasuya » 2011-07-25, 12:40

I raise your Lee Hyori an Ueto Aya. Too lazy to find a picture though.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2011-07-25, 14:25

Kasuya wrote:I raise your Lee Hyori an Ueto Aya. Too lazy to find a picture though.

I'll have plenty once I complete my project to scan in all the images from all my back issues of O Fetish, Tentacle Sex, and Racy Geishas. (It's taking longer that I originally thought because I need to borrow copies for scanning for those cases where the pages are stuck together.)

Luna_Lovegood

Postby Luna_Lovegood » 2011-07-25, 14:44

I have seen this Ueto Aya, so so.
4 points.

Well, linguoboy, Hyori is not a sexy magazine girl, she happens to be Korean singer.
She is not only pretty, but she is helping poor children in Africa.

I don't know what's sexist in posting her photo.
[flag]ky[/flag][flag]tk[/flag][flag]ko[/flag][flag]ja[/flag][flag]dv[/flag][flag]ru[/flag][flag]uz[/flag][flag]ty[/flag][flag]ug[/flag][flag]kk[/flag]

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2011-07-25, 15:29

Luna_Lovegood wrote:Well, linguoboy, Hyori is not a sexy magazine girl, she happens to be Korean singer. She is not only pretty, but she is helping poor children in Africa.

So why not assign her a rating based on her charity work rather than her physical appearance? Even real beauty contests at least pretend to take women's actions and abilities into account when judging them.

Chekhov

Postby Chekhov » 2011-07-25, 18:02

The sexist part is that it's a contest based on rating women as if they were quality grades of steak. At least have the decency to make it open to men!
吾が舞へば、麗し女、酔ひにけり
吾が舞へば、照る月、響むなり

Return to “Games”