[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
księżyc - TAC 2014-15 - Page 6 - UniLang

księżyc - TAC 2014-15

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators: Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, Car, ''', Global Moderators

Lauren

Re: księżyc - TAC 2014-15

Postby Lauren » 2014-11-30, 16:01

Yay for starting Cayuga. :D I maaay start a TAC thread with Lushootseed and maaaaaaybe another, but that's all very tentative right now. I've had Thom Hess' Lushootseed Reader with Introductory Grammar forever now, and Lushootseed Grammar Book 2, and tomorrow I think I'm going to order Book 1. :D
     Native:  (en-US)
Advanced:  (eu)
 Learning:  (la)

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-11-30, 16:06

I have both books, and they are fantastic. Maybe later this year, or next year I can start another NAIL, and who knows, it might be Lushootseed.
þūhte mē þæt ic gesāwe syllicre trēow on lyft lædan lēohte bewunden bēama beorhtost.

Lauren

Postby Lauren » 2014-11-30, 16:37

:o Lushootseed is awesome. You should learn it. :D I'm thinking about learning it. But you know me and my wanderlust, so who knows. :lol: I have wanted to learn it for like 5 years, though.

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-11-30, 17:14

Pretty good reason to go ahead and do it then, don't you think? :wink:

That reason (wanting to learn 'x' language for 'y' years) is what constitutes my whole list for this TAC (counting 2015). :lol: For me, wanderlust be damned, it's time to make some headway on some things I've wanted to do for a long time.
þūhte mē þæt ic gesāwe syllicre trēow on lyft lædan lēohte bewunden bēama beorhtost.

Lauren

Postby Lauren » 2014-11-30, 21:27

Yep, it is a good reason. :D And good thinking. :wink:

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2014-12-04, 19:28

Hehe all this talk about NAILs might make me pick up a NAIL myself (the language variety, not the carpentry object :D).
Je veux parler toutes les langues dans le monde!

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-04, 22:53

The more the merrier! :wink:

Youngfun
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Youngfun » 2014-12-05, 7:54

dEhiN wrote:Hehe all this talk about NAILs might make me pick up a NAIL myself (the language variety, not the carpentry object :D).

Not the human body part?

Naihonn

Postby Naihonn » 2014-12-05, 22:13

Youngfun wrote:
dEhiN wrote:Hehe all this talk about NAILs might make me pick up a NAIL myself (the language variety, not the carpentry object :D).

Not the human body part?

OK, I am taking that carpentry object. :whistle:

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-12-05, 22:30

Naihonn wrote:
Youngfun wrote:

Not the human body part?

OK, I am taking that carpentry object. :whistle:

I'd pick a NAIL over a hammer and nail(s) any day. Oh, by the way, I need to cut my nails...

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-05, 23:26

Guise! :lol:

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-12-06, 4:57

Sorry :lol:

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-07, 20:29

Update time! :partyhat:

FR
Goal for last week: At least 22/113.
Achieved: 21/113.
Just one lesson shy of my goal! I didn't get a chance to review any tricky lessons for speaking/listening practice, but I'll do that this week a bit.

This week's goal: 26/113 and two listening/speaking practice sessions.

GRC:
I was a bit fuzzy on my goals for last week, but I still managed to move through 1 John 1:5-6.

Goals for next week: next lesson in the textbook and 1 John 1:7-10

HE:
This week's goals: 1 Samuel 1:3-8.

CAY:
Haven't really started yet, but I hope to sometime later this week.

Goals for this week: Spelling Manual Chapters 1-3 and Chapter 3 in grammar.

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-09, 17:39

Ok, I'm going to have to revise this week's goals, as I have quite a bit of work to do up through Thursday.

FR:
Do 3 listening/speaking/review sessions.

HE:
Pick up from 1 Samuel 1:3 and do what I can. I'll shot for three verses.

Anything beyond that is gravy.

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2014-12-10, 8:21

I like how you do weekly goals; I used to do that and then stopped somewhere along the way. I think I might get back to weekly goals - they seemed to work for me.
Je veux parler toutes les langues dans le monde!

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-10, 11:29

Yup, I suck at long term goals, so I was thinking a little while ago, why not just do weekly goals? And they seem to be quite effective for me!

Sometimes the bigger challenge is figuring out what works, rather then what to do per se. :lol: (As I know you have been figuring out yourself)

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-15, 11:25

Update time!

Day late and a dollar short. (More like a few dollars short :lol: )
I didn't do shit language wise this week. But come on, the semester just ended! I had to have some fun this weekend! :partyhat: :P

On that note, my original goals for last week are coming back for this week:

FR
This week's goal: 26/113 and two listening/speaking practice sessions.

GRC:
Goals for next week: next lesson in the textbook and 1 John 1:7-10

HE:
This week's goals: 1 Samuel 1:3-8.

CAY:
Goals for this week: Spelling Manual Chapters 1-3 and Chapter 3 in grammar.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-12-15, 18:05

księżycowy wrote:I didn't do shit language wise this week. But come on, the semester just ended! I had to have some fun this weekend! :partyhat: :P

As far as I'm concerned, needing to have some fun is always a good excuse, unless you're so crazy (like me, or at least like I used to be) that you can't really have fun if it doesn't involve learning a language. :lol:

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-15, 19:47

Yeah, I'm definitely not that crazy. :P

Yasna

Postby Yasna » 2014-12-16, 1:15

I thought of you when I saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x2SvqhfevE
Ein Buch muß die Axt sein für das gefrorene Meer in uns. - Kafka

Return to “Total Annihilation Challenge”