[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
TAC Meera 2014 (हिंदी, 日本語 ,عربي ) - Page 10 - UniLang

TAC Meera 2014 (हिंदी, 日本語 ,عربي )

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators: Car, Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, ''', Global Moderators

Saim

Re: TAC Meera 2014 (हिंदी, 日本語 ,عربي )

Postby Saim » 2014-10-10, 22:13

Meera wrote: (hi) Namaste everyone! So I finished my routledge hindi reader about a month ago I think and I decided to make flashcards for the words, If anyone is using the book and would like to use them , you can use them here:
http://quizlet.com/53046232/routledge-i ... ash-cards/

मेरे पास यह किताब है लैकिन मेरे कोई वकत पड़ने के लिए. :/
ماں بولی = قومی بولی

پنجابی بولو، پنجابی پڑھو، پنجابی لکھو

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-10-17, 23:07

पढ़ लो! :P बहुत अच्छी किताब है!
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-10-25, 17:16

(hi) So I found tons of free Hindi ebooks, one being a really old textbook form the University of Austin and they are awesome so far. The good news is that it is almost entirely in Hindi! So I'm working through that and I started reading the Usha Jain reader again. I also started to build a Hindi vocab course on Memrise (as well as quizlet) from the Routledge reader. With 20 chapters I don't when I will finish, I have five done so far. I also went to a Diwali celebration here most of the people there were Gujarati but I still got to practice my Hindi so that was exciting.

(ar) Arabic class is going well. I just finished my report on Ancient Iraq and finished Chapter Six in our book. I can't believe there is only a month left, I feel like I just started it yesterday.

(fr)My teacher showed us FluentU and I started learning from there. It's great so far.
अहिंसा

IpseDixit

Postby IpseDixit » 2014-10-25, 18:35

FluentU looks very interesting, I didn't know of its existence.

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2014-10-26, 8:10

Meera wrote: (hi) So I found tons of free Hindi ebooks

যেখানে?
learning:  (ne)  (sv)  (es-ar)  (hi) (Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Telugu)

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2014-10-26, 15:28

IpseDixit wrote:FluentU looks very interesting, I didn't know of its existence.

Yeah it looks pretty good.
Je veux parler toutes les langues dans le monde!

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-10-27, 3:50

TeneReef wrote:
Meera wrote: (hi) So I found tons of free Hindi ebooks

যেখানে?

I'll have to PM you Teenreef.
अहिंसा

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-10-27, 16:44

(ja) So I started watching my first anime series(besides Sailor Moon) today. I found it on netflix after trying to look for films/tv in Japanese. I'm really surprised at how good it is so far and how much of the Japanese I can recognize. It's called Madoka Magica and I like it so far lol
अहिंसा

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2014-10-27, 17:44

Edit: Welcome to the wonderful world of anime! :D

Do you watch with subtitles? If so, English or Japanese? That's cool that you can understand a fair amount!

OMG! So, according to the Wikipedia article, Madoka Magica is a seinen anime!!!! WTF?? It so looks like it would be shoujo.

But then, according to the section on the writing (Meera, since you've just started watching the anime, I'm putting this in spoiler quotes):

During the writing planning phase, Iwakami simply requested that Urobuchi make the storyline "heavy".[3] However, Shinbo further specified that it should contain copious amounts of blood and violence, elements that were unusual to the magical girl genre. The director also specifically sought for many of the magical girl characters to be killed throughout the series.[5] Urobuchi admitted he had no trouble with these requirements, referencing his past reputation as a writer of very dark and somber stories, something Shinbo had not known the full extent of.[6] One objective was for the script to starkly contrast with the way the anime was to be marketed. Shinbo planned for the series to be advertised in an innocent and pure manner that would deliberately conceal its dark undertones.[7] For example, the title logo for the anime was rendered using rounded fonts that would appear more harmless to audiences. Urobuchi further misled fans following the development of the anime by using his Twitter account to try to convince them that the plot of the series was very innocuous. The true nature of the series was disguised because Shinbo strongly desired for its dark themes to come as a complete surprise to the viewer.[6] Iwakami later defended the mature themes in the Puella Magi Madoka Magica, stating "the story of Madoka is serious but it's not entirely inappropriate for children. For example, there's nothing sexually explicit in it. There's some death, but it's not gratuitous; it can be explained within the context of the story."[3]

So I guess that explains why it's seinen.
Je veux parler toutes les langues dans le monde!

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-10-27, 18:00

It's a really good, but heavy anime. I liked it anyway.

Glad to see your enjoying it so far Meera!

Welcome to the wonderful world of anime indeed. :wink:
þūhte mē þæt ic gesāwe syllicre trēow on lyft lædan lēohte bewunden bēama beorhtost.

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-10-27, 23:49

Hey Dehin, I'm not going to read the spoiler but apparently (I had no idea) this anime is really famous and made a couple of the best Anime lists :shock: I honestly never thought I would like anime and I'm so surprised at the really good characterization and the original story lines. :P Anyway I'm watching it Japanese with English subtitles.

And thanks księżycowy :mrgreen: By the way if any of you have any sugestions for other anime I can find with Japanese audio and english subs feel free to add it here. I'm think Anime is probably one of the best ways to practice, because its very hard to find Japanese movies and tv online :P
अहिंसा

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-10-27, 23:50

IpseDixit wrote:FluentU looks very interesting, I didn't know of its existence.

Hey IpseDixit! Yeah it is really good so far. :mrgreen:
अहिंसा

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-10-28, 13:24

Meera wrote:Hey Dehin, I'm not going to read the spoiler but apparently (I had no idea) this anime is really famous and made a couple of the best Anime lists :shock: I honestly never thought I would like anime and I'm so surprised at the really good characterization and the original story lines. :P

Another convert, awesome. 8-)

Anyway I'm watching it Japanese with English subtitles.

That's the only way to watch it! :P

I'm think Anime is probably one of the best ways to practice, because its very hard to find Japanese movies and tv online :P

I've come to the same conclusion. It's kind of sad to not be able to find any (good) Japanese TV online. Or at least I couldn't find any stations I liked anyway.
þūhte mē þæt ic gesāwe syllicre trēow on lyft lædan lēohte bewunden bēama beorhtost.

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-10-28, 13:38

Meera wrote:By the way if any of you have any sugestions for other anime I can find with Japanese audio and english subs feel free to add it here.

I suppose that would depend on what genres you like. In the meantime, I could recommend you check out any of the streaming services, like Crunchy Roll, Neon Alley, or Funimation, if you haven't already. I think Netflix has some too, but I think those might be dubbed. (Or, for much more variety, you could use one of those other, you know, "unofficial" sites)

Yasna

Postby Yasna » 2014-10-28, 18:14

You can find most Japanese dramas and entertainment shows online, but most don't have subtitles.
Ein Buch muß die Axt sein für das gefrorene Meer in uns. - Kafka

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-10-29, 0:18

That's good to note for later, thanks Yasna.

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-10-30, 0:18

Thanks księżycowy and Yasna! Most of the live TV doesn't work :P Or it's really weird things like HSN or a weather channel I found lol
अहिंसा

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-10-31, 18:21

I hope you see this księżycowy, but I wanted to to tell you I joined CrunchyRoll and I love it so far!! So many shows I have no idea what to watch first :mrgreen: They have dramas too (and Japanese dramas!!) I can't believe it. Its so cool. And their shop is amazing too. Thanks so much for telling me about this site.
अहिंसा

Dr. House

Postby Dr. House » 2014-10-31, 19:22

I prefer to watch films with actual actors, rather than anime. Too bad, most of the stuff sold here are disgusting horror flicks (A guy kidnaps a couple, tortures them and jerks them off, then gives them a blink of hope and after that tortures them some more, in the end he kills the guy and cuts off the girl's head and guess what? The head bites the bad guy, but he lives on and keeps on with his kidnapping businnes).
Language experimenter

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-10-31, 20:32

They've always struck me as having more Korean drama then anything else, but it's still cool I guess. Honestly I never really pay much attention to that part of the site/app. :P

Glad you like it! :D

Return to “Total Annihilation Challenge”