[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
AWAC 2014-2015 - Youngfun (EO, JA, YUE) - Page 4 - UniLang

AWAC 2014-2015 - Youngfun (EO, JA, YUE)

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators: Car, Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, ''', Global Moderators

Youngfun
Language Forum Moderator

Re: AWAC 2014-2015 - Youngfun (EO, JA, YUE)

Postby Youngfun » 2014-12-23, 7:19

dEhiN wrote:
Youngfun wrote:
voron wrote:
Koko wrote:And... why dost thou talkest (?) like Shakespeare?

Shouldn't it be "Why talkest thou", though?

I said it, not Koko. :) I'm nor sure if it's correct but on the internet I've saw "why dost thou speakest", so I made an analogy.

*I saw (or I've seen)

No. I meant that *I* said "Why talkest thou", not Koko, because Voron quoted Koko instead of me.

I saw it here: http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/22459/what-happened-to-the-est-and-eth-verb-suffixes-in-english

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-12-23, 7:28

I think he was correcting that "I've saw"
Youngfun wrote:I said it, not Koko. :) I'm nor sure if it's correct but on the internet I've saw "why dost thou speakest", so I made an analogy.

I have a conlang in mind, though I have invented only its phonology, but at the moment I'm not interested into creating one.

Shalt thou show to me this phonology of thine? Non so bene le regole, però le so bene abbastanza ;) Forse potrei risolvere qualche sbaglio di quel che hai fatto.
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-12-23, 7:33

The dude mentions it was just something he chose out of his mind so as to sound archaic, no note on whether it was correct or no. As well, there are a couple of comments in which others correct him with precisely what we've given ;)

Not a big problem to not know properly the EME: what use is it in today's date, especially if no one really cares about proper old grammar (seemingly, unlike us)?
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-12-23, 8:43

Koko wrote:Shallst thou show to me this phonology of thine? Non so bene le regole, però le so bene abbastanza abbastanza bene ;) Forse potrei risolvere qualche sbaglio di quel che hai fatto.

Also, I'm not sure whether they would have said "show to me"; wouldn't they just have said "show me"? :hmm:

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-12-23, 9:03

I don't know. I wasn't really sticking to proper rules there :whistle: . Isn't it just "shalt" though? I thought that's what the wikipedia article says.

Youngfun
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Youngfun » 2014-12-23, 9:35

Koko wrote:I think he was correcting that "I've saw"

Oh thanks, you're right. I didn't notice :headbang:

Shalt thou show to me this phonology of thine? Non so bene le regole, però le so bene abbastanza ;) Forse potrei risolvere qualche sbaglio di quel che hai fatto.

The phonology of my conlang is so simple, that I don't think I made any mistakes, lol: http://conworkshop.info/view_language.php?l=KAT

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-12-23, 17:52

Koko wrote:Isn't it just "shalt" though? I thought that's what the wikipedia article says.

Yeah, it is. Sorry. :oops:

Seriously, the best thing about me trying to correct things people say is that I end up learning how wrong I was! :lol: I really should be more cautious about it for that reason.

Anyway, back on topic: Youngfun, komo estas tiu esperanton? :twisted: Mas bono than this fake shit I just made up? :lol:

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-12-23, 20:00

That is a very simple inventory. What are your source languages going to be for your IAL, do you think? English, Chinese, Italian, German, Arabic, Russian, Swahili, Māori? (I just took examples from all sides of the globe) Nice name btw :)

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2014-12-24, 1:30

Koko wrote:What are your source languages going to be for your IAL, do you think?

Is every conlang considered an IAL, or are the two terms synonymous in the conlanging world? To me, every IAL is a conlang but not every conlang is an IAL. Because couldn't I create a conlang not for the purpose of it being an IAL, but for another purpose (ie, Klingon, Sindarin, Dothraki, etc.)?
Je veux parler toutes les langues dans le monde!

Youngfun
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Youngfun » 2014-12-24, 2:43

I think the vocabulary for my conlang will come from Wu and Italian mainly (after all it's my conlang, so I will put my native languages :mrgreen: ) but also from Mandarin, other Chinese languages, other Romance languages, English... because thee are the languages I know.
But because of the extreme simple phonology, the words will become unrecognizable.

While for the grammar, i want to take inspiration from the creoles, or maybe a mix of Chinese and English.

My Esperanto is halted... still 2 chapters only lol.

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2014-12-24, 2:48

Youngfun wrote:My Esperanto is halted... still 2 chapters only lol.

Feel proud of yourself, that's better than my progress in Indonesian, Tagalog, Hungarian, Polish, Norwegian, and Italian - all of which I started learning back in August using Mango Languages and I never made it past the first lesson! In fact, in each of those languages, I can still really only say the greetings that I posted a little while back on my TAC. :(

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-12-24, 7:23

dEhiN wrote:
Koko wrote:What are your source languages going to be for your IAL, do you think?

Is every conlang considered an IAL, or are the two terms synonymous in the conlanging world? To me, every IAL is a conlang but not every conlang is an IAL. Because couldn't I create a conlang not for the purpose of it being an IAL, but for another purpose (ie, Klingon, Sindarin, Dothraki, etc.)?

I called his conlang an IAL, because on his Kata Kata's language prof (the link) he categorizes it as such. I couldn't create an IAL either, it takes a great mind to make a language that all can learn with ease as an L2. Artlanging is my preferrence, even romlanging or doing other a posterioris.

Niazj mebeyu nuo Kata Kata, Youngfun ;)
I wish luck on your Kata Kata, Youngfun ;) Hopefully it won't become a Chinese Esperanto. Oh, and I'm sure you've assumed this already, but tones are not suited for IALs :lol:

You're better in EO than I in Czech, so take heed dEhiN's words and yea be proud.

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2014-12-24, 17:32

Koko wrote:Artlanging is my preferrence, even romlanging or doing other a posterioris.

What's artlanging and romlanging?

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-12-24, 19:01

An artlang (short for artistic language) is a conlang built for aesthetic purposes, fiction, film, etc. It ties in with personal conlangs, but those are usually just kept for the inventor. Examples of artlangs you would know are those you gave (Klingon, Sindarin, Dothraki), as well as High Valyrian, Quenya, Na'vi, and more.

Romlangs are conlangs based on romance languages. Dormouse has his Selvesc as example (you'll have to go searching the conlangs forum).

The Constructed Languages article on wikipedia explains the other kinds of conlangs.

Youngfun
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Youngfun » 2014-12-30, 9:38

Koko wrote:Oh, and I'm sure you've assumed this already, but tones are not suited for IALs :lol:

My conlang not only has no tone, but it has no stress and no pitch accent either. :lol:

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-12-30, 9:56

I think that no stress is new to IALs :hmm: Good job! ^^ It's always annoying having to keep track of stress when learning other languages because you have to learn to get used to it so it can not feel awkward in your mouth. I kinda am excited to see the finished product now. Does "Kata Kata" have a meaning?

Youngfun
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Youngfun » 2014-12-31, 5:00

Yeah, I noticed that speakers of stressed languages have trouble with tones, while speakers of tonal languages have trouble with stress (you guys never think from the opposite point of view :ohwell: ); and both have trouble with the pitch accent. So I decided to eliminate it completely. :lol:

Kata (not Kata Kata) is 简单 pronounced in Wenzhounese, it means "simple".

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-12-31, 6:21

I think pitch accent is fairly simple. It's a little bit of both stress and tone but focuses less on tone: in Japanese high pitch is placed on the stressed syllable and the following vowels succeeding it fall in pitch: kind of like the whole word being one giant syllable with falling tone :P .

Youngfun
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Youngfun » 2015-01-01, 11:11

Yeah, and many Wu languages are closer to being languages with pitch accent rather than tonal languages when spoken at a normal speech in sentences (while individual hanzi have tones when isolated).
I've just found out that Toki Pona is so close to my conlang, except it has 2 consonants less. :para: I swear I designed my phonology before looking at Toki Pona :lol: ... And the general idea is also similar in some ways.

Feliĉan novan jaron!
明けましておめでとうございます!Akemashite omedetou!
新年快乐,恭喜发财!San1 nin4 faai3 lok6, gung1 hei2 faat3 coi4!

Koko

Postby Koko » 2015-01-06, 0:33

Aww, I didn't catch that post :(

Felice anno nuovo Youngfun! (belated…) Yoi Oshi o! (too lazy for kana)

Lol, first thing that came to mind was Toki Pona when I saw your phonemic inventory. You plan for a small vocabulary like Toki Pona? (I just realized the names are similar too: Simple (Kata) Simple Language (Toki Pona))

Return to “Total Annihilation Challenge”