[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
AWAC 2014-2015 - Youngfun (EO, JA, YUE) - Page 2 - UniLang

AWAC 2014-2015 - Youngfun (EO, JA, YUE)

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators: Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, Car, ''', Global Moderators

Koko

Re: AAC 2014 - Youngfun (EO, JA, YUE)

Postby Koko » 2014-09-22, 23:12

Ora sono alla scuola, quindi posso essere più vantaggioso per il giapponese :waytogo: .

Come va, BTW?
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

Youngfun
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Youngfun » 2014-09-23, 16:27

UPDATE:

I've decided to study only one language at a time. I'll start with Esperanto.

Esperanto
Changed resource: now I'll use Manuale di Esperanto by Bruno Migliorini

I've taken a look at my phrasebook and at the Manuale linked by Itikar. I think itikar's one is much better than mine for a beginner, so I'll use that instead

While I may use my phrasebook later to increase my vocabulary after I learned the basics with the Manuale.

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2014-09-23, 23:44

Koko wrote:Come va, BTW?

Can you say that in Italian? I only know "come sta/stai". But I know the verb there is actually "estare" which means to feel.
Je veux parler toutes les langues dans le monde!

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-09-24, 2:36

I don't know tbh. It's intended as "How is it?" so to use stare would seem more logical. Though, now that he's (sadly) chosen to do EO for now (thankfully), the question is obsolete.
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

IpseDixit
Language Forum Moderator

Postby IpseDixit » 2014-09-24, 10:49

dEhiN wrote:

Can you say that in Italian? I only know "come sta/stai". But I know the verb there is actually "stare" which means to feel.

I don't understand what you mean by that... "come va?" is Italian...

Youngfun
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Youngfun » 2014-09-24, 14:21

Literally, come stai? means "how are you?" and come va "how is it going?".
But both are equally commonly used and have the same meaning.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-09-24, 23:16

IpseDixit wrote:
dEhiN wrote:

Can you say that in Italian? I only know "come sta/stai". But I know the verb there is actually "stare" which means to feel.

I think that's exactly what he wanted to know. :)

IpseDixit
Language Forum Moderator

Postby IpseDixit » 2014-09-24, 23:18

vijayjohn wrote:
IpseDixit wrote:
dEhiN wrote:

But then what language did he think "come va?" was?

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-09-24, 23:22

IpseDixit wrote:
vijayjohn wrote:
IpseDixit wrote:
dEhiN wrote:

But then what language did he think "come va?" was?

Koko isn't a native speaker of Italian. I think he wanted to know whether what Koko said was correct Italian or whether Koko just thought/guessed it was okay to say that.

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2014-09-25, 18:56

Actually, I was asking whether you could use come va in Italian to ask "how are you/how's it going" - that is, to ask how someone is.

For example, in French you can't use être in a form like *comment est-tu? to ask how a person is. At least from what I've learned. You have to use the verb aller.

In Portuguese you can use both verbs estar and ir in such a situation.

In Spanish I only know that you can use estar, and I'm not sure if you can use ir.

And so, in Italian, I've only learned to use stare. But Youngfun answered my question.

Youngfun wrote:Literally, come stai? means "how are you?" and come va "how is it going?".
But both are equally commonly used and have the same meaning.

Grazie signore!

Koko wrote:I don't know tbh. It's intended as "How is it?" so to use stare would seem more logical. Though, now that he's (sadly) chosen to do EO for now (thankfully), the question is obsolete.

Youngfun grew up in Italy, so he knows and speaks Italian fluently.

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-10-06, 7:17

Youngfun, come sta il tuo progresso? Non hai riportato niente sull'esperanto. Stai ancora imparandolo, oppure l'hai smesso?

(Mi dispiace. Sono solo impaziente che tu inizierai giapponese :D )

Youngfun
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Youngfun » 2014-10-13, 2:05

Koko, non ti preoccupare, per ora sto continuando con l'esperanto (molto a rilento, per impegni universitari e per motivi famigliari). Ma inizierò il giapponese a breve (probabilmente a novembre).

UPDATE

Esperanto
I've completed the first 2 chapters of "Il Manuale di Esperanto", though I didn't try to memorize the whole vocabulary.

I think it's a nice book.
It's supposed to be a tiny handbook, but I've printed it in A4 sheets, so it looks like a huge book. But with really large font and like, only 10-15 lines per page? What a good thing for short-sighted people / what a waste of paper and ink.

Each chapter consists of a simple phonology / grammar part, with brief and concise explanation and examples; then a vocabulary part with new words in alphabetical order, and finally a short Esperanto text with Italian translation.

The only part that I don't like is the vocabulary part: it lists words met during the grammar part, but without a topic, and they are not divided by categories ... so like I see the word for "I", but no word for "you"... or I see a related word far away in the list (alphabetical order)... for this reason I may use the Chinese phrasebook for vocabulary....

Youngfun
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Youngfun » 2014-12-15, 15:32

While everyone is opening TACs 2015, I officially declare that my TAC 2014 or AAC or whatever has failed.
Because of my extreme procrastination, I haven't even remotely accomplished one language (I've only read 2 chapters of Esperanto).

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2014-12-16, 4:45

So then continue it into next year. And make a goal, a more manageable goal. Or do like księżycowy and create weekly goals.

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-12-16, 5:11

Youngfun wrote:While everyone is opening TACs 2015, I officially declare that my TAC 2014 or AAC or whatever has failed.
Because of my extreme procrastination, I haven't even remotely accomplished one language (I've only read 2 chapters of Esperanto).

Maybe you should have studied Nihongo instead ;) Yo! Nihongo wa kimi to benkyoo dekiru yo! (speaking of Japanese, I could study it with you!)

Youngfun
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Youngfun » 2014-12-17, 3:37

I'll try to do something more until the end of the year, when I'm not procrastinating (I hope there will be times I'm not procrastinating).

Dr. House

Postby Dr. House » 2014-12-18, 20:42

Good luck Youngfun!!!

Esperanto is going to be a real pushover for you. Mi komprenas esperanton, sed mi ne parolas gxin multe. Mi esperanto estas malbona.

Cantonese is a real "disaster". I tried to say some sentences, but it's like learning Vietnamese all over again, my mouth hurts like hell and is kind of paralyzed. :)
Language experimenter

Youngfun
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Youngfun » 2014-12-19, 1:31

Thanks! :)
For me, it's easy to approximately mimick Cantonese tones, but Vietnamese is a disaster for me! :lol: (especially Southern Vietnamese)

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2014-12-19, 5:12

Dr. House wrote:Mi komprenas esperanton, sed mi ne parolas gxin multe. Mi esperanto estas malbona.

Did the creator of Esperanto just pick and choose which form of a word to use from a selection of natural languages?! Seriously, I read the above and want to play the guessing game: guess which Romance language each word is taken from! :shock:

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-12-19, 6:04

I have no idea what gxin means, though. :lol:

Return to “Total Annihilation Challenge”