[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
2015 TAC language student-Turkish - UniLang

2015 TAC language student-Turkish

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators: Car, Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, ''', Global Moderators

language student

2015 TAC language student-Turkish

Postby language student » 2014-11-12, 10:41

Merhaba.

I know it's a little early for 2015 in the title, but the new year is around the corner.

I'll be studying turkish this year, with the help of several commonly used courses.

My goal is the highest level I can achieve in conversation, reading and writing. It will take time, since I am a beginner, and I can't be sure how far this will take me. I'll make a serious effort though.

In fact, I want turkish to be my main scholarly activity for 2015, and I'll try to be a complete geek about it. You know, pedantic, monomaniacal, obsessive, that sort of thing. In other words I'll do my best not to give up after a couple of weeks :mrgreen:

My main focus right now is to set up a studying space and get organized in terms of material.

Being part of a forum can be distracting, but it has its rewards so I took the plunge. I hope it works.

Thanks
G.
Last edited by language student on 2015-01-15, 7:00, edited 2 times in total.

Dr. House

Re: TAC 2015 - language student= Turkish

Postby Dr. House » 2014-11-12, 11:32

Good luck!!! It's never too early or late to start the TAC. :)
Language experimenter

language student

Postby language student » 2014-11-12, 11:33

Thank you :)

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2014-11-12, 18:51

Unilang'de Hoşgeldiniz!

(Ok so I used Google Translate since I don't know how to say "to" in Turkish. Maybe you, or someone else can correct me if it's wrong!)

What are the resources you are using, or plan to use? Definitely check out the Turkish subforum. As you learn more, you can start writing posts in Turkish, participating in threads like "The Person After Me game" and the songs thread.

Also, a bunch of use who either know or are learning Turkish have a Skype group going. You can check it out here.

And good luck!
Je veux parler toutes les langues dans le monde!

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-11-12, 19:17

dEhiN wrote:Unilang'de Hoşgeldiniz!

(Ok so I used Google Translate since I don't know how to say "to" in Turkish. Maybe you, or someone else can correct me if it's wrong!)

Unilang'e hoşgeldiniz ;) (or Unilang'e hoşgeldin, if you're not trying to be so polite :P)

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-11-14, 0:25

language student wrote:Merhaba.

I know it's a little early for 2015 in the title, but the new year is around the corner.

I'll be studying turkish this year, with the help of several commonly used courses.

My goal is the highest level I can achieve in conversation, reading and writing. It will take time, since I am a beginner, and I can't be sure how far this will take me. I'll make a serious effort though.

In fact, I want turkish to be my main scholarly activity for 2015, and I'll try to be a complete geek about it. You know, pedantic, monomaniacal, obsessive, that sort of thing. In other words I'll do my best not to give up after a couple of weeks :mrgreen:

My main focus right now is to set up a studying space and get organized in terms of material.

Being part of a forum can be distracting, but it has its rewards so I took the plunge. I hope it works.

Thanks
G.

Merhaba! Welcome to Unilang. I love Turkish.
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

language student

Postby language student » 2014-11-15, 7:05

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I plan to use the Hugo's Turkish in three months as a start, and then move on to an advanced course that I have yet to decide on. I want a basic knowledge of the language and some vocabulary.

However I will gladly listen to suggestions and advice on the subject. I am aware of all the beginner's courses out there, but I though this one may be quite compact.

language student

Re: 2015 TAC language student-Turkish & Spanish

Postby language student » 2014-11-15, 7:15

Although I will be studying turkish in a very methodical manner, and make it a primary focus, I will also be studying spanish.

I've never given spanish a try before, but I have always loved it, the sounds, litterature and people. I will probably be using the classic platiquemos, because I have heared such praises for it. There is also Hugo's spanish in three months, but I don't know...

My goal is to master the language, as long as it takes. Fortunately there is so much cultural material out there for spanish.

I rather like the south american version of it. I have to figure out the differences between the european and latin version though, apart from the obvious (accent).

Learning spanish means entering a huge and amazing culture, and I definitely want to be part of it.

Now all I have to do is really get organized, and let the games begin...

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-11-16, 7:54

language student wrote:…let the games begin...

*Capitol Accent* May the odds be ever in your favour.

Are you truly starting so early? If so, people don't seem to be objecting it so I may start mine too ^^ Ya know, unless people suddenly object or you aren't in fact starting and waiting like I am.
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2014-11-17, 2:38

Koko wrote:Are you truly starting so early? If so, people don't seem to be objecting it so I may start mine too ^^ Ya know, unless people suddenly object or you aren't in fact starting and waiting like I am.

Actually Koko, language student is allowed to start early, but you aren't. We officially voted on this last week. :wink: :whistle: :lol:

language student wrote:Although I will be studying turkish in a very methodical manner, and make it a primary focus, I will also be studying spanish.

I've never given spanish a try before, but I have always loved it, the sounds, litterature and people. I will probably be using the classic platiquemos, because I have heared such praises for it. There is also Hugo's spanish in three months, but I don't know...

My goal is to master the language, as long as it takes. Fortunately there is so much cultural material out there for spanish.

I rather like the south american version of it. I have to figure out the differences between the european and latin version though, apart from the obvious (accent).

Learning spanish means entering a huge and amazing culture, and I definitely want to be part of it.

Now all I have to do is really get organized, and let the games begin...

That's really cool that you'll be doing Spanish! There's also a Spanish Skype group (well it's for all Romance languages). Regarding the differences, afaik the biggest differences are in pronunciation and vocabulary. I wouldn't worry too much about the differences at the beginning, since that could be confusing (unless that's how you learn, then by all means go for it!). There are various resources specifically for LA (Latin American) Spanish, which you may want to look into if that'll be your focus. Along the way you'll learn the various differences between European and LA Spanish.
Je veux parler toutes les langues dans le monde!

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-11-17, 4:02

dEhiN wrote:
Koko wrote:Are you truly starting so early? If so, people don't seem to be objecting it so I may start mine too ^^ Ya know, unless people suddenly object or you aren't in fact starting and waiting like I am.

Actually Koko, language student is allowed to start early, but you aren't. We officially voted on this last week. :wink: :whistle: :lol:

Where was this? Unfair… So "unless people suddenly object" done did become true. Might I ask why? (too late, already asked)
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

Naihonn

Postby Naihonn » 2014-11-17, 5:49

Koko wrote:
dEhiN wrote:

Where was this? Unfair… So "unless people suddenly object" done did become true. Might I ask why? (too late, already asked)

Yes, sorry, Koko. I voted in your favor but dEhiN is the boss here. :cry:

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-11-17, 7:23

Oh, well thanks Naihonn, I'm glad you voted for me, but I'm still a little confused on the dealio ^^ Doesn't matter much anyways: I still have Japanese and to be worrying about three extra languages would be a little tough, even if only for just over a month.

Haha, sorry language student, I've been talking on your thread and haven't even welcomed you yet! :oops: Welcome!

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-11-17, 7:35

I thought dEhiN was just joking.

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-11-17, 7:41

I don't know. It's hard to tell when so many things on the Internet can be used in different ways. He could be using the emoticons to indicate sarcasm, or to indicate lightness of the truth…

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-11-17, 8:00

I think he and Naihonn were both kidding. :)

language student

Postby language student » 2014-11-17, 8:07

No worries, I like seeing my log alive with conversation :)

I haven't started yet, but I was hoping to start this week. I still have to figure out how to study two languages succesfully, and to get my material ready (more or less). I understand this will be trial and error at first, but I will probably alternate languages. If I manage to study every single day, that will be great.

Again, thanks for all the advice. I haven't fully explored this forum yet but it seems like a treasure of ideas, advice and material.

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-11-17, 8:17

vijayjohn wrote:I think he and Naihonn were both kidding. :)

My mind has actually been effed! WTH is happening to my life?! Can someone varify if they are joking or not? If so, you two are just cruel and I deserve to start early too!

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-11-17, 8:21

language student wrote:No worries, I like seeing my log alive with conversation :)

I haven't started yet, but I was hoping to start this week. I still have to figure out how to study two languages succesfully, and to get my material ready (more or less). I understand this will be trial and error at first, but I will probably alternate languages. If I manage to study every single day, that will be great.

Again, thanks for all the advice. I haven't fully explored this forum yet but it seems like a treasure of ideas, advice and material.

I like how you're so chill about some random dude just showing up envious to your TAC log.

…Is that a trace of an indent in your third paragraph I see? You sir are truly great! I don't care if you didn't even mean for the indent, I love you for it! (well, it only shows in the post-a-reply box, but still, impressive)

language student

Postby language student » 2014-11-17, 8:35

Yes it is actually, and we should use it more I guess. It's like a reflex, I don't do it on purpose. Not many people are so keen on details, Koko :)

I have to be fair and say I am actually a girl, but I didn't mind being called "sir". No problem there :D

Return to “Total Annihilation Challenge”