[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
TAC 2015 - Luís - UniLang

TAC 2015 - Luís

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators: Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, Car, ''', Global Moderators

Luís
Forum Administrator

TAC 2015 - Luís

Postby Luís » 2014-12-28, 14:11

So, this time I decided to open a thread in order to keep me focused throughout the year. I don't really have as much time for languages as I used to, so it's important to plan ahead. I'll also have to stay away from wanderlusts as much as I can... :P

(fr)

My current level is B2 and my goal is to be able to reach C1 by the end of the year.

- I plan to keep on having private conversational lessons (1h per week) with a French teacher
- Finish Grammaire progressive du français (niveau intermédiaire). I'm about halfway through and most of it is about things I already know, so it'll be a good review.
- Start Grammaire progressive du français (niveau avancé) and do as many exercices from it as possible
- To read at least one book in French
- To watch more movies/TV shows in French
- Keep on using Anki to learn vocab

(de)

My current level is A1 or A2 (not really sure) and my plan is to reach a confortable B1 level until the end of the year. In October I'll be starting a language course in which I'll need to be at that level, so I really need to be able to accomplish this.

I'm currently doing Lextra's Deutsch als Fremdsprache (I'm on unit 15/20) and after that I plan to go through Optimal A1 and A2 (the course I mentioned before will use Optimal B1, so I think I should stick to the same textbook series)

I'll keep on using Anki to practice vocab and sentences

I want to try and follow podcasts more often (for instance, Slow German)

(zh)

My current level is A1. I'd like to at least reach A2 by the end of the year and learn 750 characters.

I'm starting private Chinese lessons this week (1 hour per week) with a Chinese tutor and we'll be following the book Winning in China - Business Chinese to start with.

I'll also be using Skritter for characters and individual words (just renewed my subscription) and Anki for sentences

---

I should probably also study some  (es), since I actually have to use it on a daily basis at work, but I guess that'll have to wait... :hmm:
Quot linguas calles, tot homines vales

TeneReef

Re: TAC 2015 - Luís

Postby TeneReef » 2014-12-28, 14:37

Boa sorte! :wink:
learning:  (ne)  (sv)  (es-ar)  (hi) (Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Telugu)

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2015-01-11, 20:16

So, I've had 2 Chinese lessons by now (the teacher is a linguistics student and speaks fluent Portuguese, which is great) and we've done 2 units of the book. I've added all the sentences to Anki and all the characters and words to Skritter, which says I now know 217 characters.

It's been a rather busy week though, so I haven't done much when it comes to other languages besides the daily Anki review. I haven't restarted my French classes either... :?

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2015-02-01, 11:30

My French teacher is not available this semester, so I'm not sure if I'll try to find a new one or simply skip classes for now. I'm on page 76/247 of my grammar book.

As for German, currently on page 179/243 of my book.

I've been having weekly Chinese classes and finished unit 4 of the book this week (365 characters on Skritter). I gave up adding sentences to Anki, because it was not practical at all. From now on I'll be using Anki for German and French vocabulary only.

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2015-03-14, 11:28

I've finally restarted my French classes, but turns out the new teacher is from Québec... :para: She doesn't seem to have a very strong accent, but it's still noticeable. I'm not really sure how I feel about this, since Parisian French is my focus.

Return to “Total Annihilation Challenge”