[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
TAC 2015 - benjamino59 - DE, EN, (FR, LA) - UniLang

TAC 2015 - benjamino59 - DE, EN, (FR, LA)

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators: Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, Car, ''', Global Moderators

benjamino59

TAC 2015 - benjamino59 - DE, EN, (FR, LA)

Postby benjamino59 » 2015-01-04, 10:11

I haven't really been posting much here for the last six months, because I've been busy with school. Unfortunately, my schedule only allowed me to take English this year, so my German is pretty rusty, and I've forgotten most of the little French and Latin I already knew - but I'm ready to improve!

(de) Ich will sehr gut Deutsch in diesem Jahr lernen (B2/C1). Ich verstehe etwas deutsch, aber nicht sehr viel. Ich will deutsche bücher lesen können und deutsche Filme sehen können.

( (en) I want to learn to speak German pretty well this year (B2/C1). I do understand some German, but not much. I want to be able to read and watch German books and movies.)

(en) My English is at an upper intermediate level (I think) and my goal is to get a near-native British accent and I want to improve my writing and reading.

(fr)  (la) I'm so bad at these two languages that I don't even want to attempt to write something in them. I like both of them, so I'll probably start learning them again once I've improved my German a bit.

Please feel free to correct my mistakes :)
One language is never enough.

kevin

Re: TAC 2015 - benjamino59 - DE, EN, (FR, LA)

Postby kevin » 2015-01-04, 14:26

benjamino59 wrote: (de) Ich will sehr gut Deutsch in diesem Jahr lernen (B2/C1). Ich verstehe etwas deutsch, aber nicht sehr viel. Ich will deutsche Bücher lesen (können) und deutsche Filme sehen können.

Deine deutschen Sätze sind größtenteils in Ordnung. :)

Im Englischen wiederholst du "can" nicht, das brauchst du auch mit dem deutschen "können" nicht zu machen (aber es ist natürlich auch nicht falsch).

Außerdem klingt es ein bisschen natürlicher, wenn du "in diesem Jahr" nach vorne verschiebst: Ich will in diesem Jahr sehr gut Deutsch lernen oder In diesem Jahr will ich sehr gut Deutsch lernen. Wenn du willst, kannst du auch "dieses Jahr" statt "in diesem Jahr" sagen, es ist beides richtig.

Aber das sind alles nur Details.

benjamino59

Postby benjamino59 » 2015-01-04, 20:55

kevin wrote:
benjamino59 wrote: (de) Ich will sehr gut Deutsch in diesem Jahr lernen (B2/C1). Ich verstehe etwas deutsch, aber nicht sehr viel. Ich will deutsche Bücher lesen (können) und deutsche Filme sehen können.

Deine deutschen Sätze sind größtenteils in Ordnung. :)

Im Englischen wiederholst du "can" nicht, das brauchst du auch mit dem deutschen "können" nicht zu machen (aber es ist natürlich auch nicht falsch).

Außerdem klingt es ein bisschen natürlicher, wenn du "in diesem Jahr" nach vorne verschiebst: Ich will in diesem Jahr sehr gut Deutsch lernen oder In diesem Jahr will ich sehr gut Deutsch lernen. Wenn du willst, kannst du auch "dieses Jahr" statt "in diesem Jahr" sagen, es ist beides richtig.

Aber das sind alles nur Details.

Vielen Dank! Leider erinnere ich mich nicht viele Grammatik von meinen deutschlektionen.

Gestern beginnte ich ein kleines Buch, das "Die Weisse Rose" heisst, zu lesen. Es handelt sich um (über?) Hans und Sophie Scholl während dem Zweiten Weltkrieg. Es ist gut, weil es passend schwer ist, und weil ich deutsche Geschichte lerne. Ich gebrauche auch Anki, und ich habe schon viele Wörter gelernt.

Heute Abend werde ich Der Untergang sehen. Ich hoffe, dass ich viel Deutsch verstehen kann :)

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2015-01-06, 5:32

Bonne chance / good luck! (I'd say that in German, but I don't know how :D). Who knows, maybe I'll learn a German word or two from your TAC. And I'm sure eventually I'll stop being scared of German's use of cases and jump into the deep end.
Je veux parler toutes les langues dans le monde!

Koko

Postby Koko » 2015-01-06, 7:31

dEhiN wrote:Bonne chance / good luck! (I'd say that in German, but I don't know how :D). Who knows, maybe I'll learn a German word or two from your TAC. And I'm sure eventually I'll stop being scared of German's use of cases and jump into the deep end.

Lol, does looking at other people's TACs really help with languages you want to learn? Unfortunately, i'm the only one doing Italian and Czech. But that means I'm different :D :lol: .

In what way do the use of cases scare you? I think they were explained fairly well in my "A Case of Cases" thread if you want to check there for info. It's not by me, but I did have an epiphany about why the accusative is used for direction and dative/locative for locations ;) Apparently I was correct because no one corrected me. It also applies to German since it was Kevin who even told me that Czech na goes with the accusative to mean "onto" [and he said that it applied to DE].
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2015-01-06, 20:13

Koko wrote:Lol, does looking at other people's TACs really help with languages you want to learn?

Sometimes; I can learn a new word or phrase, or read an explanation, and although most of these things I end up passively picking up (unless I'm doing the same language as well), it can come in handy down the road should i choose to start actively learning that language.

Koko wrote:In what way do the use of cases scare you? I think they were explained fairly well in my "A Case of Cases" thread if you want to check there for info. It's not by me, but I did have an epiphany about why the accusative is used for direction and dative/locative for locations ;) Apparently I was correct because no one corrected me. It also applies to German since it was Kevin who even told me that Czech na goes with the accusative to mean "onto" [and he said that it applied to DE].

I remember seeing that thread, but never kept up with it. I will have to take a look at it again. I guess I'm just not used to cases, since they're practically non-existent in English, and the Romance languages I'm doing don't really use them (at least not in the same way as German does). I think case use is just another grammatical device that I have to get accustomed to. And I've just been putting off doing any proper study of it, to start understanding how it works and to get used to it.

Getting back to the topic of this TAC, benjamino59, how do you plan on improving your British accent? And which accent are you aiming for specifically - RP?

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-01-06, 20:35

dEhiN wrote:I guess I'm just not used to cases, since they're practically non-existent in English, and the Romance languages I'm doing don't really use them (at least not in the same way as German does).

But Tamil has them!

benjamino59

Postby benjamino59 » 2015-01-06, 23:02

dEhiN wrote:Getting back to the topic of this TAC, benjamino59, how do you plan on improving your British accent? And which accent are you aiming for specifically - RP?

I borrowed a book at my library called Sound English some time ago but I have only completed the first chapter so far. It's 250 pages long, it has a CD along with it and it is written in English aimed specifically at Danes who want to learn RP pronunciation. It uses the IPA and some linguistic terms (it's mainly used by people who study English at a university) and each chapter covers one phonological area. It's really good - I just have to use it more often.

I also just found out that every week there is a language exchange cafe at my library, where I could practise English or German as well. You just have to show up, and then you get paired with an international student/refugee/etc. who is native in the language you want to learn, and who wants to practise their Danish. At first you talk in Danish for 20 minutes, then you speak the other language for 20 minutes. I'll probably try it when I can, since I'm a lot better at listening and reading than I am at speaking English.

(de)I finished reading Die Weisse Rose today. It was pretty easy once I got used to reading in German again. I discovered that in the back of the book it said that the book was intended for students at A2 (1200 words). Tomorrow I'll begin reading a similar book which says that it's for students who have reached B1 (1800 words). After reading 2-3 of those books I might begin reading a translation of Harry Potter or a short German novel.

I've also started listening to a German news podcast every morning to practise listening.

(fr) I've started listening to a bit of French music while practising German - I've already learned three new words :)

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2015-01-11, 6:27

benjamino59 wrote: (fr) I've started listening to a bit of French music while practising German - I've already learned three new words :)

(fr) Quelles mots? /  (en) What words?

benjamino59

Postby benjamino59 » 2015-01-11, 10:31

dEhiN wrote:
benjamino59 wrote: (fr) I've started listening to a bit of French music while practising German - I've already learned three new words :)

(fr) Quelles mots? /  (en) What words?

I've already learned a lot - lorsque, même, éternelle, singe,...

I restarted my French Duolingo tree yesterday! :) I'm trying to relearn all of the vocabulary I've forgotten.

(de) Ich habe eine Novellensammlung, die Spätestens Morgen heisst, lesen angefangen. Sie ist gut und leicht - und ich bin sehr überrascht, dass ich schon deutsche Literatur lesen kann!

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-01-11, 22:09

dEhiN wrote:

(fr) Quelles mots?

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2015-01-13, 5:12

vijayjohn wrote:
dEhiN wrote:

(fr) Quelles mots?

Merci! And I can't believe I forgot mot est masculin!

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-01-13, 5:52

dEhiN wrote:
vijayjohn wrote:
dEhiN wrote:

(fr) Quelles mots?

Merci! And I can't believe I forgot mot est masculin!

Franglais? :lol:

Koko

Postby Koko » 2015-01-13, 6:09

Oh no, Franglais non è una thing, is it?
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-01-13, 6:11

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2015-01-13, 6:12

Koko wrote:Oh no, Franglais non è una thing, is it?
Mais bien sûr. That's how I talk with my French classmates et parfois mes professeurs.
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

Koko

Postby Koko » 2015-01-13, 6:20

Does parlarlo ti aiuta with learning il francese? Forse devo cominciare a speak Italgish (or whatever the mix of Italian and English is called).

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-01-13, 6:23

benjamino59

Postby benjamino59 » 2015-01-14, 12:43

Today I tried an online language test in both English and German (http://www.ef-danmark.dk/test) which said that I'm at the C1 level in English and B2 in German :D

My English teacher gave me a lot of homework this week - I had to both translate a 300-word long text into English and write an essay about a painting! :shock: But I learned a lot of new vocabulary doing the translation such as evocative, insidious, vivid,...

I've been reading a few pages in German every day, and I'm still working on my French on Duolingo.

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2015-01-15, 21:39

benjamino59 wrote:Today I tried an online language test in both English and German (http://www.ef-danmark.dk/test) which said that I'm at the C1 level in English and B2 in German :D

Congrats! That's quite good.

My English teacher gave me a lot of homework this week - I had to both translate a 300-word long text into English and write an essay about a painting! :shock: But I learned a lot of new vocabulary doing the translation such as evocative, insidious, vivid,...

Ahh yes, abstract words are so much fun to learn, in any language. :D

I'm still working on my French on Duolingo.

I should probably get back to that...

Return to “Total Annihilation Challenge”