[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
TAC 2015 - Patrislav (SR, SK, RU / RUE, HU, RO) - UniLang

TAC 2015 - Patrislav (SR, SK, RU / RUE, HU, RO)

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators: Car, Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, ''', Global Moderators

Патрислав Андреевич

TAC 2015 - Patrislav (SR, SK, RU / RUE, HU, RO)

Postby Патрислав Андреевич » 2015-01-21, 23:14

Oh, Old Gods and the New! I’m doing it again. Yes, my last TAC was a total failure, and I left my dedicated threads unattended as well. I’m fixing it now, and hope I can keep it up for a longer while this time. As of this moment I have three active languages I’m learning, and three more inactive to do “in the future,” in an order that I don’t know yet.

The active languages:

The inactive languages:

German (de) Mandarin (Traditional) (zh.Hant) Arabic (Standard) (ar)

I will mostly post in the dedicated threads, although I’d like to post some kind of reports here on my progress now and then. :wink:
Last edited by Патрислав Андреевич on 2015-03-08, 23:09, edited 4 times in total.
„Miej serce i patrzaj w serce!” — Adam Mickiewicz

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Re: TAC 2015 - Patrislav

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-01-21, 23:23

Good luck! :D

Koko

Postby Koko » 2015-01-22, 2:52

Патрислав Андреевич wrote:Oh, Old Gods and the New!

Love the reference!

Buona fortuna! Veľa šťastia!
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

Патрислав Андреевич

Postby Патрислав Андреевич » 2015-01-22, 23:16

vijayjohn wrote:Good luck! :D

I’ve done it already, but thank you again! :)

Koko wrote:

Love the reference!

Grazie mille! Aj ďakujem… alebo děkuji, pretože vidím, že sa učíš český. :D

---
So, the status and goals:

Serbian (sr) My dream and goal is to get to C1… although I know that’s nigh impossible. But it’s a frickin’ TAC, it should be full of those! :lol: I’m reading „Travnička hronika“ by a Nobel prize winner, Yugoslav author Ivo Andrić. After each chapter I write a summary of what I’ve read in my Serbian dedicated thread. I’m hoping to finish the book this year… :lol:

Slovak (sk) Hmm, I don’t know what my goal for this language is. I guess to learn as much as possible! :D I found three news websites (sme.sk, webnoviny.sk, pravda.sk) that I also liked on Facebook, and I will try to read at least one article a day.

Russian (ru) Hm, B1 is my goal, I guess. I’ll be using «Поехали!», a Russian course for adults, teaching in Russian (supposedly with a tutor, but I’m on a budget :lol:) I started a dedicated thread, and we’ll see how it goes. It’s unbelievable how much I forgot… I hope I’ll be back on track soon. :P

---
I love the fact that I’m learning one language from each Slavic sub-group, and that they all have so similar flags (it would be even more ridiculous with Slovene though). :D I seriously need a non-European supplement to that, and still can’t decide whether to return to Arabic or Mandarin…

Levike

Postby Levike » 2015-01-22, 23:19

Патрислав Андреевич wrote:Serbian (sr) српски
Slovak (sk) slovenský
Russian (ru) русский
So "my słowianie" all the way. :wink:
Hungarian (hu) Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára. _______German (de) Wo ein Wille ist, da ist auch ein Weg.
English (en) Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. __Spanish (es) No hay ceguera peor que no querer mirar.
Romanian (ro) Nu întinde arcul până nu este bine aşezată săgeata.

Koko

Postby Koko » 2015-01-23, 5:57

Патрислав Андреевич wrote:
Koko wrote:

Love the reference!

Grazie mille! Aj ďakujem… alebo děkuji, pretože vidím, že sa učíš český. :

Prosím :) When I first read this I thought "Thank you […] thank you?" Then I google translated the sentence and understood better.

Are you worried of getting all your Slavic languages mixed-up? Diciamo, two of the ones you're studying are very closely related and all to Polish.
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2015-01-23, 9:20

Патрислав Андреевич wrote:Russian (ru) Hm, B1 is my goal, I guess. I’ll be using «Поехали!», a Russian course for adults, teaching in Russian (supposedly with a tutor, but I’m on a budget :lol:) I started a dedicated thread, and we’ll see how it goes. It’s unbelievable how much I forgot… I hope I’ll be back on track soon. :P

I used "Поехали!" (both beginner and intermediate books) to teach Russian to my friends. It's not perfect but others are even worse, so it's probably the best choice anyway. Some facts I don't like about "Поехали":
1) It has too many international words, more than we normally use in everyday language, apparently to make the student feel more at home
2) Some colloquial structures are introduced without any explanations and are difficult to understand, such as:
Мне повернуть направо или налево?
But wait wait, you're a Slavic speaker already, why do you even need Поехали? :shock: Apparently you don't need to learn how the dative case can be used to express how you feel (as in мне грустно) and stuff like that. Isn't there a decent Russian book for a Polish speaker (or a Serbian speaker)?

Патрислав Андреевич

Postby Патрислав Андреевич » 2015-01-23, 23:12

Levike wrote:So "my słowianie" all the way. :wink:

Da! :D

Koko wrote:Prosím :) When I first read this I thought "Thank you […] thank you?" Then I google translated the sentence and understood better.

Yeah, the whole sentence is in Slovak, but I threw a Czech ‘thank you’ there too, since ‘you’re learning Czech.’ :P

Koko wrote:Are you worried of getting all your Slavic languages mixed-up? Diciamo, two of the ones you're studying are very closely related and all to Polish.

They’re all closely related to eachother, so I’m not sure which pair of two languages you mean. :P Hmm, I don’t think I’m that worried about mixing them up. Sure, I have had some interferences (when learning Serbian, I had them from Polish; in Russian and Slovak I have them mostly from Serbian), but it doesn’t happen all that often. For now I’ve managed to keep them apart somehow, but we’ll see how it goes. :wink:

voron wrote:I used "Поехали!" (both beginner and intermediate books) to teach Russian to my friends. It's not perfect but others are even worse, so it's probably the best choice anyway. Some facts I don't like about "Поехали":
1) It has too many international words, more than we normally use in everyday language, apparently to make the student feel more at home
2) Some colloquial structures are introduced without any explanations and are difficult to understand, such as:
Мне повернуть направо или налево?

‘Do I (re?)turn right or left?’ :lol: Good to hear it’s not the worst choice… :P The first one could be a problem, but the second not at all — that’s what my Russian thread is for! :)

voron wrote:But wait wait, you're a Slavic speaker already, why do you even need Поехали? :shock: Apparently you don't need to learn how the dative case can be used to express how you feel (as in мне грустно) and stuff like that. Isn't there a decent Russian book for a Polish speaker (or a Serbian speaker)?

Oh yeah, didn’t really think about the fact that it’s targeted at English (and the like) speakers. :roll: Well, there might be some decent ones, but none that I found so far. I have a book with grammatical exercises, but it’s no course. And I can’t really buy another expensive language book, I have too many lying around that I haven’t even used! :| So I need to live on the edge of law and download PDF’s for now.

Well, OK, after your post I tried to search for something again, and I found Polish edition of Russian for Dummies. I never used any book of this series, so don’t know what to expect. :lol: But from the first chapter I see it really treats the learner as a dummy. Another one I found and downloaded is Rosyjski. Krok dalej (you will understand, but for others it’s Russian. A step further, or something). It supposedly is an A2-B1 course for Polish speakers knowing Russian basics already (so something for me, probably?) I will check both out and decide. :wink:

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2015-01-24, 12:03

Kad sam ja učio poljski, nije mi čak ni došlo u glavu da koristim udžbenik za Engleze. Naravno da mi ne bi bilo od koristi da čitam šta je padež i po čemu se razlikuju svršeni i nesvršeni vid glagola. Koristio sam ruske udžbenike i za poljski, i za srpski.

(U stvari za poljski sam koristio beloruski udžbenik, jer je kod nas u Belorusiji učenje poljskog veoma prošireno, tako da ima nekoliko dobrih udžbenika).

Naprimer, ovaj udžbenik srpskog jezika za srednju školu (za filološke škole sa proširenim proučavanjem slovenskih jezika) uopšte nije loš. To je bio moj prvi udžbenik srpskog:
http://roman-dushkin.narod.ru/projects/ ... index.html

‘Do I (re?)turn right or left?’

Da, to ti je nešto kao srpski konjunktiv: "Da krenem levo ili desno?" Za tebe kao za govornika slovenskog jezika ovakve konstrukcije ne moraju izazivati poteškoće, dok za Evropljane mogu biti potpuno nerazumljive.

Što se tiče izbora između kineskog i arapskog, naravno da bih ja želeo da izabereš arapski, i to sirijsku varijantu, jer se ja trenutno bakćem oko nje. :)

(Bože nisam pisao na srpskom već 100 godina. Potpuno sam se poturčio.)

Патрислав Андреевич

Postby Патрислав Андреевич » 2015-01-24, 23:26

voron wrote:Kad sam ja učio poljski, nije mi čak ni došlo u glavu da koristim udžbenik za Engleze. Naravno da mi ne bi bilo od koristi da čitam šta je padež i po čemu se razlikuju svršeni i nesvršeni vid glagola. Koristio sam ruske udžbenike i za poljski, i za srpski.

Pa nijesam baš pametan. :lol: Iako sam već napis'o u svojoj ruskoj temi da ću umjesto nje koristit onu drugu knjigu.

voron wrote:Naprimer, ovaj udžbenik srpskog jezika za srednju školu (za filološke škole sa proširenim proučavanjem slovenskih jezika) uopšte nije loš. To je bio moj prvi udžbenik srpskog:
http://roman-dushkin.narod.ru/projects/ ... index.html

Ček, jel’ on cijeli besplatan i dostupan on-line? Pa kako vidim, vrlo je dobar. :shock:

voron wrote:Što se tiče izbora između kineskog i arapskog, naravno da bih ja želeo da izabereš arapski, i to sirijsku varijantu, jer se ja trenutno bakćem oko nje. :)

Valjda tako ću i uradit. Mislim arapski, mada ne sirijska varijanta nego standardni. Poslije će doć vrijeme za varijante. (Onda imaću izbor između egipatske i levantinske… :lol:)

Патрислав Андреевич

Re: TAC 2015 - Patrislav (SR, SK, RU)

Postby Патрислав Андреевич » 2015-03-08, 22:59

UPDATE!!! (Finally.)

So, I am expanding my active languages by three, as well as dividing that group into 2 sub-groups: 1st and 2nd degree. First degree languages are permanent and have priority and they will not be changed, the second degree ones however might be changed, and they’re of lesser priority. So the current list of (active) languages together with their dedicated threads looks like this:

As you can see, I am learning all the official languages of Vojvodina (treating Serbian and Croatian together) + Russian. :D I think that’s cool.

As for my progress I don’t have much to say about specific languages… I’m engaging in forum games in all of them and slowly going forward. Viszontlátásra (goodbye)!

Levike

Re: TAC 2015 - Patrislav (SR, SK, RU / RUE, HU, RO)

Postby Levike » 2015-03-08, 23:17

Juppi, úgy látom, hogy jó reklámot csináltam a magyarnak és a románnak. :whistle:

Seemingly I'm making good publicity for Hungarian and Romanian. :twisted:
Hungarian (hu) Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára. _______German (de) Wo ein Wille ist, da ist auch ein Weg.
English (en) Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. __Spanish (es) No hay ceguera peor que no querer mirar.
Romanian (ro) Nu întinde arcul până nu este bine aşezată săgeata.

Патрислав Андреевич

Re: TAC 2015 - Patrislav (SR, SK, RU / RUE, HU, RO)

Postby Патрислав Андреевич » 2015-03-09, 1:30

Igen, csak gondolom, hogy tudom mondani, hogy kiváló reklámot csinálod ezeknek a nyelveknek. :yep:

Return to “Total Annihilation Challenge”