[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Tibetanབོད་སྐད་/Dzongkhaརྫོང་ཁ - Page 7 - UniLang

Tibetanབོད་སྐད་/Dzongkhaརྫོང་ཁ

Moderators: Meera, vijayjohn

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Tibetanབོད་སྐད་/Dzongkhaརྫོང་ཁ

Postby Meera » 2013-11-03, 2:56

This is probably a stupid question but I am getting conflicting information online. But if you learn the Tibetan script can you read the Dzongkha veriosn of the Tibetan script? Is it like Hindi/Nepali or are the scripts more like Hindi and Punjabi? There is almost no information online about this, the only thing I saw was on the Dzongkha wikipedia it says it is written in the "Dzongkha version of the Tibetan script".
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2013-11-03, 10:24

Interesting question.

I'll see what I can figure out for you. I do know that Dzongkha has a few consonant sounds not found in Tibetan, so I'm guessing that to some degree it wouldn't be possible. But the question is, how much of a difference is there? I'll check out the chapter on the pronunciation and script in my textbooks for both.
þūhte mē þæt ic gesāwe syllicre trēow on lyft lædan lēohte bewunden bēama beorhtost.

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2013-11-03, 23:50

księżycowy wrote:Interesting question.

I'll see what I can figure out for you. I do know that Dzongkha has a few consonant sounds not found in Tibetan, so I'm guessing that to some degree it wouldn't be possible. But the question is, how much of a difference is there? I'll check out the chapter on the pronunciation and script in my textbooks for both.

Thanks Ksiezycowy! I can't find this answear online at all. Although I think Omniglot has the alphabet for both of them.
अहिंसा

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2013-11-04, 21:01

अहिंसा

dorenda

Postby dorenda » 2013-11-04, 22:22

Hey! Is there anyone here who has learned enough Tibetan already to be able to translate this?

Thanks!
нехай мій гаманець порожній
моя дорога невідома
я стану вільним, подорожнім
найголовніше вийти з дому

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2013-11-04, 22:31

I'm definitely not. I'm not sure how far Yangbowen made it in learning Tibetan. He might stumble across this thread again.
þūhte mē þæt ic gesāwe syllicre trēow on lyft lædan lēohte bewunden bēama beorhtost.

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2013-11-05, 17:36

Sorry Dorenda I don't know how to, but I just wanted to say the sign is beautiful!
अहिंसा

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2013-11-05, 17:36

Sorry Dorenda I don't know how to, but I just wanted to say the sign is beautiful!
अहिंसा

dorenda

Postby dorenda » 2013-11-05, 18:02

Well, I'll wait until Yangbowen (or someone else) comes by then. It's nothing important, I'm just curious.

Meera, this is at the "Tibet Roundabout" (actually they wanted to call it "Free Tibet Roundabout", but the city didn't approve of that name), and there are a lot of paintings related to Tibet there. Have a look at the other pictures. :)
моя дорога невідома

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2013-11-06, 0:30

The pictures are very nice, thanks :mrgreen:
अहिंसा

yangbowen

Postby yangbowen » 2014-06-28, 13:47

dorenda wrote:Well, I'll wait until Yangbowen (or someone else) comes by then. It's nothing important, I'm just curious.

Hi Dorenda,

I'm sorry that no one has given you a translation yet. I haven't made enough progress with Tibetan to be able to translate that poem accurately, but here's what a Tibetan friend came up with:

"I am in the most excellent magical land surrounded by mountains and pray that I am born where Lord Avalokiteshvara Tenzin Gyatso is in the eternal reincarnation."

dorenda

Postby dorenda » 2014-06-28, 21:40

Thanks for asking, yangbowen!
моя дорога невідома

k1234567890y

Postby k1234567890y » 2014-07-13, 17:44

http://valtermoniz.tripod.com/dzongkha/id46.html

It seems that this site has provided some informations about Dzongkha, but it seems that some informations may need to be verified?
I'm Neptune,the CPU of Planeptune

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-07-14, 2:05

k1234567890y wrote:http://valtermoniz.tripod.com/dzongkha/id46.html

It seems that this site has provided some informations about Dzongkha, but it seems that some informations may need to be verified?

Awesome! Thanks.
अहिंसा

Return to “South Asian Languages”