[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
नेपाली (Nepali) - Page 6 - UniLang

नेपाली (Nepali)

Moderators: Meera, vijayjohn

TeneReef

Re: नेपाली (Nepali)

Postby TeneReef » 2014-01-17, 15:51

yes I am
how about you? ;)
learning:  (ne)  (sv)  (es-ar)  (hi) (Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Telugu)

Bijlee

Postby Bijlee » 2014-01-17, 15:55

Oh cool, and you're learning Bengali too now? :o

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2014-01-17, 18:10

yup. :mrgreen:
apparently Bengali and Nepali share 40 % of vocabulary, it will be fun :P

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-01-19, 5:49

They are fun languages!
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

Śrāmaṇera

Postby Śrāmaṇera » 2014-05-19, 12:30

तपाईहरु नेपाली पढ्न थाल्नुभयो ? म आजकल युनिलंगमा अक्सर आउँदिनँ तर कहिले कहीं नेपालीको पढाईमा केहि समस्या उठ्यो भने, म तपाईहरुलाई मद्दत गर्ने प्रयास गरुँला | म अहिले विश्वविद्यालमा नेपाली बि. ए. गर्दै छु | मेरो नेपाली उस्तै राम्रो छैन तर आधारित व्याकरण भयो भने ठीकै हुन्छ क्यारे |

Have you started to study Nepali ? I don't come very often here on Unilang these days but if you any questions/problems regarding Nepali, I can try my best to help. I am currently doing a B.A degree in Nepali language. My Nepali is not that good but I can help with basic grammar probably.
खाने मुखलाई जुङ्गा ले छेक्दैन | (नेपाली उखान)

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-05-22, 18:55

Where are you doing a B.A in Nepali? That's so cool! I don't think any college in the USA offers a course in Nepali. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
अहिंसा

Śrāmaṇera

Postby Śrāmaṇera » 2014-05-22, 22:30

I am doing it with the National Institute of Asian languages in Paris, but while living and working here in China. I need to go back to France twice a year to attend the exams at the end of each term. It's not really distance study but some kind of arrangement with the professors there, since I had already a rather decent knowledge of the language before starting the programme. I have to write a few academic papers every term about a variety of topics (Geography of the Himalayas, Ethnology of Tibet and Nepal, Linguistics etc.). I only finished the first year for now.

Very few universities offer Nepali as a major : INALCO (Paris), SOAS (London) and I think one or two in the US such as Cornell University.
खाने मुखलाई जुङ्गा ले छेक्दैन | (नेपाली उखान)

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-05-24, 18:31

Śrāmaṇera wrote:I am doing it with the National Institute of Asian languages in Paris, but while living and working here in China. I need to go back to France twice a year to attend the exams at the end of each term. It's not really distance study but some kind of arrangement with the professors there, since I had already a rather decent knowledge of the language before starting the programme. I have to write a few academic papers every term about a variety of topics (Geography of the Himalayas, Ethnology of Tibet and Nepal, Linguistics etc.). I only finished the first year for now.

Very few universities offer Nepali as a major : INALCO (Paris), SOAS (London) and I think one or two in the US such as Cornell University.

Yeah to be honest its quite hard to find any colleges that offer any South Asian languages as Majors. And the ones that do are super expensive. :(
अहिंसा

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2015-03-12, 0:46

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2015-03-13, 5:01

thank you teenreef!
अहिंसा

Return to “South Asian Languages”