[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
Tuvan - tyva dyl - UniLang

Tuvan - tyva dyl

Moderator: eskandar

allemaalmeezinge

Tuvan - tyva dyl

Postby allemaalmeezinge » 2006-10-21, 18:43

i stumbled about it by chance. i was listening to music. to yat kha. then i was reading a bit about the language.
i was comparing some words with turkish and they are very similar even though tuvan is also within the turkic language family not even in the same or neighbouring subgroup :)
there's a sprachsignale page on it, to listen to some sounds.

some examples:
english - turkish - tuvan
cloud - bulut - булут
to die - ölmek - ɵлүр / ölür
to come - gelmek - чедип келир / çelip kelir
ear - kulak - кулак / kulak
six - altı - алды / aldı

turkish ç relates to a ж/dz in some cases:

to drink - içmek - ижер / idzer

there's also the sound ң / ng

http://www.swarthmore.edu/SocSci/dharris2/

hmm.. :)
maybe theres something in the library..
have no time now,
later :)

Alcadras

Postby Alcadras » 2006-10-21, 20:35

Interesting. :D

zhiguli

Postby zhiguli » 2006-10-22, 23:22

yay! finally a thread that wasn't started by me
thanks to the whole khoomei/genghis blues craze it is possible to find books about it in english:
http://www.scs-intl.com/trader/tuva_books.htm

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Tuvan - tyva dyl

Postby księżycowy » 2014-07-09, 10:32

A Tuvan <--> English dictionary (with audio for some entries!):
http://tuvan.swarthmore.edu
þūhte mē þæt ic gesāwe syllicre trēow on lyft lædan lēohte bewunden bēama beorhtost.

Return to “Turkic Languages”