[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
Share your art! - UniLang

Share your art!

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderators: Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, Car, Global Moderators

Lauren

Share your art!

Postby Lauren » 2015-03-13, 5:49

This thread is for anyone to share any art they've made!

I'd been wanting to start drawing recently as a creative outlet. I'd always loved the idea of being able to bring anything in your mind to life with art. As a child I was never artistic so I didn't start young like a lot of people, but finally a couple days ago I finally started. It's been a lot of fun so far! I know it'll be a long time before I get very good, but even after two days and a few simple sketches I feel I've enjoyed myself a lot. Here is the first set of sketches I did:

I was looking at a "tutorial" for beginners. It recommended practicing basic geometry. I know it's always been hard for me to draw straight lines so I tried squares. Some of the lines were alright, most were curved. Have never been able to draw circles either, so I tried a bunch of them. There's like one perfect circle in the area on the bottom left and the rest were shit. :lol: One looked like a head so I doodled a little person walking on a planet, and one looked like a slime from Dragon Quest games, so I doodled one then did a bigger one from a reference picture.

I got a cool necklace last week that is supposed to be a Phoenix Down (potion that revives fallen party members) from Final Fantasy games. I tried drawing the bottle and wing pendant. The bottle is hideous but I was quite proud of the pendant! I drew a little snake and tried to do another one, but it ended up looking like a sickle so I drew the Communist hammer & sickle. :lol: Then my now ex-datefriend (see broken heart at bottom right) said to draw "pearants". So I drew a sad pear and started another that ended up looking like Slurms McKenzie from Futurama so I drew him. And a tiny baby Leela. My favorite here is Pear Slurms McKenzie. :mrgreen:

Then I did these last night and today:

The top left is a Cactuar from Final Fantasy games (I love FF games), the middle-left three are a Green Snail, Shroom, and Green Slime from MapleStory. The bottom left is a Cactuar fused with a banana because why not? He's trying to escape his fate of being used in an ice cream sundae. Then the giant thing on the right half of the page is a Moogle, again from Final Fantasy games. I like drawing stuff from games. :D She's holding a sign saying " L <3 L" with the L's being me and my girlfriend Lily. :blush:

I like the Moogle, though it's not perfect and kinda dull. The Cactuars and snail and shroom I'm proud of, though the slime is kinda shitty. But so it goes.

I did these all with a regular HB pencil. Next month I wanna get a set of pencils and a kneadable eraser so I can do shading and whatnot. Then eventually I want to graduate to color. :o

So far I love the idea of fusing or mashing up different things, like a pear and the slug dude, and the Cactuar and a banana. Also, I find it very difficult to draw symmetrical arches. :evil:
     Native:  (en-US)
Advanced:  (eu)
 Learning:  (la)

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Share your art!

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-03-13, 8:19

I really, reeeeeally suck at drawing. :lol: I do have a bunch of (very shitty) drawings, though, and I'm proud of some of them (because at least they're unusually good for me! :lol:) and might post them if I wasn't either too lazy or too hesitant to just photocopy them. :para:

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2015-03-14, 12:23

Oh, cool thread.

I keep pushing myself to get back into some drawing and painting lately. I love that kind of stuff.

If I can manage to start up again, I'll be sure to share!
þūhte mē þæt ic gesāwe syllicre trēow on lyft lædan lēohte bewunden bēama beorhtost.

Lauren

Postby Lauren » 2015-03-14, 17:38

vijayjohn wrote:I really, reeeeeally suck at drawing. :lol: I do have a bunch of (very shitty) drawings, though, and I'm proud of some of them (because at least they're unusually good for me! :lol:) and might post them if I wasn't either too lazy or too hesitant to just photocopy them. :para:

If you really want to draw more, then you should! It can be a lot of fun. Plus I feel that if you show it to others and they like it then it can be a great confidence booster.

księżycowy wrote:Oh, cool thread.

I keep pushing myself to get back into some drawing and painting lately. I love that kind of stuff.

If I can manage to start up again, I'll be sure to share!

Awesome! You definitely should post some stuff here if you start up again. 8-)
     Native:  (en-US)
Advanced:  (eu)
 Learning:  (la)

Koko

Postby Koko » 2015-03-21, 8:12

The only art I'm good at is conlanging. But there's a few drawings I'd post if I could (I think). Same predicament as vijay. Shame not a lot of posts here (of art that is): I'd really love to see what some of us have done ^-^ . Ooh, I'd love to post Party Llama if I could find a way to post him!
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

Return to “Culture”