[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
Series on TV or the Internet - Page 24 - UniLang

Series on TV or the Internet

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderators: Car, Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, Global Moderators

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Series on TV or the Internet

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-01-15, 18:42

Varislintu wrote:Archie Bunker

You mean All in the Family? Great show. :)
Although Little Mosque on the Prairie was an unexpected delight, at least for the first season. It's the only one I've watched in probably 10 years.

I've heard of that but never seen it. (See, I don't have cable either, so I never got to see that show). It sounds pretty good.

Varislintu
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Varislintu » 2015-02-05, 14:58

vijayjohn wrote:

Yeah, that's the one I mean. :) It had some unmemorable Finnish title that I've forgotten. But I figured everyone's heard of Archie Bunker. :P

Btw, I completely forgot one sitcom that I really liked back in the day: Third Rock from the Sun. I think I watched all seasons of it. It was really good, and I still think so. I loved Sally's character. :D Well, all of the characters were good.

Hmm, I finally got around to watching True Detective to the end. It was a liiittle bit weak in the very last episode*, but overall I think it turned out to be a splendid series. There's something about the American "South" that I like.

And gosh do I love the intro theme of the thing.

Admittedly, the series is a sausage fest. And the women in it were mostly very neatly on the virgin-mother-whore axis. But there was something that made up for it, something in the way the women characters were written. The things they said were... to the point. As if they had minds and wants of their own. Like reality. I like that.

*My beef with the ending was that they overdid the whole "crazy inbred white trash in the bayou" cliché. I had been expecting it to be about something more inspired. And they made the cynical atheist detective have some kind of afterlife experience and even make a weird spiritual life-affirming observation at the end. For, what I could tell, very little reason.
Det finns ingen
tröst. Därför
behöver du den inte
(Gösta Ågren)

Aurinĭa
Forum Administrator

Postby Aurinĭa » 2015-02-05, 16:15

Varislintu wrote:
vijayjohn wrote:

Yeah, that's the one I mean. :) It had some unmemorable Finnish title that I've forgotten. But I figured everyone's heard of Archie Bunker. :P

I haven't. :P

I started watching Broadchurch series 2 yesterday, and it promises to be good again. It's made me want to re-watch series 1, though, because it's been nearly two years since that was broadcast and I've forgotten a lot, but of course none of the library copies are available.
I te tīmetanga e putanga mai ana he whakaahua, a, he aroha.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-02-06, 0:25

Varislintu wrote:Btw, I completely forgot one sitcom that I really liked back in the day: Third Rock from the Sun. I think I watched all seasons of it. It was really good, and I still think so. I loved Sally's character. :D Well, all of the characters were good.

I definitely have seen all seasons of it. :lol: I thought it was good. Just kind of silly sometimes. :P I like Frasier more, although that's probably mostly because he's so nerdy and because my brother and I are like him and Niles without the competition.

But yeah, I agree, Sally was badass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFaPGvuBPW0
I wanted to post another video of all the languages they speak (it's UniLang after all :P), but I can't seem to find it anymore. :?

Return to “Culture”