[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Which movie(s) have you watched lately? - Page 4 - UniLang

Which movie(s) have you watched lately?

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderators: Car, Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, Global Moderators

ILuvEire
Link Moderator

Re: Which movie(s) have you watched lately?

Postby ILuvEire » 2010-01-02, 19:23

Draven wrote:Pan's Labyrinth. Sickeningly good. I can't believe it's not from Hollywood.

Oh wait, it can't be from Hollywood. It's too dark and original for Hollywood. Actually I'm more stunned by the fact that it's Mexican.

Pan's Labyrinth is great, such an amazing movie. :)

I saw Nine, it was amazing, I loved the music, I'm going to go buy the soundtrack.
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

Varislintu
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Varislintu » 2010-01-02, 19:43

ILuvEire wrote:
Draven wrote:Pan's Labyrinth. Sickeningly good. I can't believe it's not from Hollywood.

Oh wait, it can't be from Hollywood. It's too dark and original for Hollywood. Actually I'm more stunned by the fact that it's Mexican.

Am I the only one who didn't feel amazed by this movie :P? The plot had some unforgivable predictabilities (especially the otherwise smart little girl eating from Pan's table like a little dimwit --- I felt so disappointed), which made the movie seem as if it couldn't decide whether it was targeting adults or children.
Det finns ingen
tröst. Därför
behöver du den inte
(Gösta Ågren)

Partisan

Postby Partisan » 2010-01-02, 21:14

Inglorious Basterds. Again.

Tukkumminnguaq

Postby Tukkumminnguaq » 2010-01-02, 23:10

Last movie i watch "New Moon" it was alright.. I knew young ppl going crazy about this movie... same reason as Harry Porrer lol
[flag]en-ca[/flag][flag]sgn[/flag][flag]iu[/flag][flag]kl[/flag][flag]ale[/flag]
[flag]qu[/flag][flag]tr[/flag][flag]yrk[/flag][flag]evn[/flag][flag]ckt[/flag][flag]itl[/flag]

[̲̅̅N̲̅][̲̅̅o̲̅][̲̅̅b̲̅][̲̅̅o̲̅][̲̅̅d̲̅][̲̅̅y̲̅] [̲̅̅K̲̅][̲̅̅n̲̅][̲̅̅o̲̅][̲̅̅w̲̅][̲̅̅s̲̅][̲̅̅.̲̅] [̲̅̅L̲̅][̲̅̅i̲̅][̲̅̅f̲̅][̲̅̅e̲̅] [̲̅̅A̲̅][̲̅̅s̲̅] [̲̅̅T̲̅][̲̅̅h̲̅][̲̅̅e̲̅][̲̅̅y̲̅] [̲̅̅K̲̅][̲̅̅n̲̅][̲̅̅o̲̅][̲̅̅w̲̅] [̲̅̅I̲̅][̲̅̅t̲̅][̲̅̅.̲̅]

Tenebrarum

Postby Tenebrarum » 2010-01-03, 2:05

Varislintu wrote:Am I the only one who didn't feel amazed by this movie :P? The plot had some unforgivable predictabilities (especially the otherwise smart little girl eating from Pan's table like a little dimwit --- I felt so disappointed), which made the movie seem as if it couldn't decide whether it was targeting adults or children.

It's definitely not for children. There's too much Nightmare Fuel in it. :lol: I just love how grim and depressing the alternative interpretation is (i.e. it's all in her imagination and she actually dies a useless death, after having spent her life being irrational and useless).

As for the sequence with the Pale Man, she's no more stupid than Little Red Riding Hood. It's meant to be a fairy tale, and in fairy tales the child will always act foolishly at some point.
!Chalice! Communion wafer of the tabernacle

Lada
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Lada » 2010-01-03, 10:33

My last film is Черная Молния. Saw it in the cinema yesterday.

Russian New Year Heroic fairy-tale. Looks like Batman though...
Last edited by Lada on 2010-01-03, 10:38, edited 1 time in total.

Varislintu
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Varislintu » 2010-01-03, 10:35

Draven wrote:As for the sequence with the Pale Man, she's no more stupid than Little Red Riding Hood. It's meant to be a fairy tale, and in fairy tales the child will always act foolishly at some point.

Yeah, I guess that's basically it. I've never liked adult fairy tales.
Det finns ingen
tröst. Därför
behöver du den inte
(Gösta Ågren)

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2010-01-03, 10:37

Yesterday was my first time seeing Over the hedge. I thought it was really funny :)
Igår var den första gången jag har tittat på Over the hedge. Det var jätteroligt tror jag :)

kibo
Forum Administrator

Postby kibo » 2010-01-03, 13:51

Little Ashes

I loved the movie.

Also, last night they showed on tv a movie which I saw some time ago - In Bruges. :waytogo:

Colin Farrell :drool:
Goals:
 (es) ➜ C1 (DELE)
 (de) ➜ B2
 (sv) ➜ B1/B2

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2010-01-03, 14:11

I finally managed to watch Les choristes. Excellent film, although the ending was a bit disappointing.
Please correct my mistakes!

ILuvEire
Link Moderator

Postby ILuvEire » 2010-01-04, 1:28

ILuvEire wrote:

I saw Nine, it was amazing, I loved the music, I'm going to go buy the soundtrack.

Yeah, just, again, Nine was great. It was the best musical I have seen in a long time, I bought the sountrack, and it's just as amazing as I thought it would be.

The only bad thing was that one of the mains didn't have a very good Italian accent, and there was a scene in which a British character had a French accent, and it seemed a bit over the top. But the rest was amazing :)
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2010-01-08, 6:28

I just watched Dil Bole haddipa about a day ago.

It was so awesome. Except i think it was a copy of an english movie, not sure which one.
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

davidlinchi

Postby davidlinchi » 2010-01-16, 9:59

I saw the most recent Harry Potter movie last night. This movie killed the series for me
It wasn't good (my opinion here, if YOU loved it, well okay).
Hubby took me to see G-force this afternoon..I know it's more for kids, but I loved it!

lumiel

Postby lumiel » 2010-01-16, 10:55

davidlinchi wrote:I saw the most recent Harry Potter movie last night. This movie killed the series for me
It wasn't good (my opinion here, if YOU loved it, well okay).
Hubby took me to see G-force this afternoon..I know it's more for kids, but I loved it!

I was so disappointed in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Honestly, it's the worst Harry Potter movie version so far I think.
[flag]fi[/flag] [flag]sme[/flag] [flag]et[/flag] [flag]fr[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag]
Kas siis selle maa keel
laulutuules ei või
taevani tõustes üles
igavikku omale otsida?

Tenebrarum

Postby Tenebrarum » 2010-01-17, 6:27

Seen Avatar. The technology gave me a mild headache. The movie is cliched but good.
!Chalice! Communion wafer of the tabernacle

loraindeniso3

Postby loraindeniso3 » 2010-01-17, 11:25

I watched "Inherit the Wind" yesterday.

It's about a teacher who was put on trial for teaching Evolution in an American school.

It's from 1960 and is black and white and it has some great lines and dialogue in it.

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2010-01-28, 4:21

I saw Avatar today, what a piece of crap cliched racist movie :evil: i have no idea how this movie beat titanic and they everyone was talkin about i thought it would be great, but it was soo stupid. Titanic was a much better movie.
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

Varislintu
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Varislintu » 2010-01-28, 11:37

Meera wrote:I saw Avatar today, what a piece of crap cliched racist movie :evil:

Why racist? Or racist against human kind :P?

Meera wrote:i have no idea how this movie beat titanic and they everyone was talkin about i thought it would be great, but it was soo stupid.

I must agree that I don't quite understand the level of hype. I wonder if it's not orchestrated by some paid "opinion planters" or something. I mean, sure, it's not a bad movie, but surely any adult (who has seen enough movies) will see just how clichéd and unoriginal it is. Nothing wrong with enjoying it as a fun thing with cool effects, but I don't see why anyone would call it 'great' or 'awesome'.
Det finns ingen
tröst. Därför
behöver du den inte
(Gösta Ågren)

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2010-01-28, 13:58

Varislintu wrote:I must agree that I don't quite understand the level of hype. I wonder if it's not orchestrated by some paid "opinion planters" or something.

Still didn't get round to seeing it (the first time, the others wanted to see Zweiohrküken, now a party stopped our plans), but I think it's hyped because it's in 3D. Everyone who has seen it or wants to see it does so far that reason, at least in my experience.
Please correct my mistakes!

Varislintu
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Varislintu » 2010-01-28, 15:36

Car wrote:Still didn't get round to seeing it (the first time, the others wanted to see Zweiohrküken, now a party stopped our plans), but I think it's hyped because it's in 3D. Everyone who has seen it or wants to see it does so far that reason, at least in my experience.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well at first. I thought 'great' was referring to the 3D and digital effects, or the whole experience. But then I've started hearing comments that sound more like praise of the movie itself. I don't know, I may be misinterpreting (especially some US conversational cultures, where "Oh I absolutely loved it, it was amazing" seems to be what you say when you can't really think of anything specific to say :P), but it feels strange.
Det finns ingen
tröst. Därför
behöver du den inte
(Gösta Ågren)

Return to “Culture”