[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
The Anime Thread - Page 2 - UniLang

The Anime Thread

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderators: Car, Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, Global Moderators

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Jī Anime Surēdo!

Postby księżycowy » 2012-01-08, 14:09

Oh, I don't know. Action, comedy, horror.
I really just try about anything and see whether I like it after an episode/chapter or two. But mostly what I just listed (which covers oh so much).

For those with Cartoon Network, I've been a frequent flyer with their Adult Swim block. Specifically the Saturday anime line-up. But there hasn't been much on there lately that's been too spectacular. Aside from Fullmetal Alchemist. That was an awesome anime IMO.
Bleach is also interesting from time to time. Though it takes so goddamn long to end a story arc in the anime.
Though I prefer my anime in subs anyway, so I've been checking and seeing what's around.
þūhte mē þæt ic gesāwe syllicre trēow on lyft lædan lēohte bewunden bēama beorhtost.

sa wulfs

Postby sa wulfs » 2012-01-08, 15:06

http://ungelicisus.blogspot.com
Hrōþabaírhts sa Wulfs | Hrōðbeorht se Wulf | Hróðbjartr Úlfrinn | Hruodperaht der Wolf | Hrôthberht thê Wulf

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2012-01-08, 23:22

sa wulfs wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3lavVkiFXw&feature

:lol:
þūhte mē þæt ic gesāwe syllicre trēow on lyft lædan lēohte bewunden bēama beorhtost.

osias

Postby osias » 2012-01-09, 0:40

BlackZ wrote:Wow, long time I don't listen this song...
 (es):Madrid
 (ca):Barcelona
 (sv):Stockholm
 (en):Gotham City
 (pt-BR):Vitória

mōdgethanc

Postby mōdgethanc » 2012-01-09, 4:52

Last night my friend showed me the first episode of Sekirei and I was surprised by how engaging it was. Normally I don't care for "magical girlfriend" storylines, but it was just interesting enough to hold my interest for the half-hour (not to mention all the gratuitous panty shots, Gainaxing and other assorted fanservice).

osias

Postby osias » 2012-01-09, 11:34

#eutambémquero!
 (es):Madrid
 (ca):Barcelona
 (sv):Stockholm
 (en):Gotham City
 (pt-BR):Vitória

kalemiye

Postby kalemiye » 2012-01-24, 15:10

"Demə Məcnuna dəli, bəlkədə Leyla dəlidir
Eşq olan yerdə bütün aqilü dana dəlidir.
"

Not available
"Düşdü yenə dəli könlüm gözlərinin xəyalinə,
Kim nə bilir bu könlümün fikri nədir, xəyalini.
"

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-11-30, 13:06

So we did have an anime thread. Ok then, I'll make full use of this then! :lol: I'd also suggest that we open it up to manga too, but as I'm not currently reading any I guess it doesn't matter. :P

The following is a continuation from here:

Update time:
Akame ga Kill
Oreimo (finished all but the OVAs)
Ina-Batoru wa Nichijo-kei no Naka de
Akatsuki no Yona
Rokujoma no Shinryakusha (finished)
Hellsing Ultimate (on break)
Naruto: Shippuden (on break)

I really did like Oreimo. I kind of liked the way the aired episodes ended, but that's not to say I wouldn't like the OVAs. The incest overtones are a bit weird, but they aren't too strong (in what I watched anyway). Overall, I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10, it gave me some good laughs (usually at Kyousuke's expense) and the story was nice.

Rokujoma no Shinryakusha was a decent show. The whole premise was kind of stupid funny. I'd be interested to see if they make a new season. But overall, it's nothing new or ground breaking. A good laugh (with some interesting action mixed in) for when you just want a not so serious show. 7 of 10.

And now to fill the gap:
Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru : I want to see if this will have an interesting twist, I feel one coming. I don't see anything like the greatness that was Magica Madoka coming, but I think there is something in the works. I'm on episode 7.
Inuyasha The Final Act : About time I watched this. I used to watch Inuyasha back in the day on Adult Swim as a kid, such fond memories.

As most of these are once a week I'm still searching some something else to watch as I catch up on Akame ga Kill. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any.

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-02, 14:48

So, I made it up to episode 21 of Akame ga Kill, one shy of the latest episode (I'm too cheap for Crunchy Roll premium), and I must say, this is a fucking fun show! Though they finally managed to piss me off.

How could they kill Mine!? :evil: I thought she'd pull through to the end! (And apparently she does in the manga.)

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-12-02, 23:52

I havent watched much anime. But I LOVED Magica Madoka! I'm currently watching Akame Ga kill.
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-03, 3:33

Meera wrote:I havent watched much anime.

That must be fixed immediately! :P

But I LOVED Magica Madoka! I'm currently watching Akame Ga kill.

Good stuff, good stuff! :wink:

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-12-03, 4:09

księżycowy wrote:

Neither have I, but I have plenty of obscure manga (well, obscure in the US at least). :P

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-03, 13:03

Ooh, what ya got Vijay?

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-12-03, 22:13

Well, a bunch of back-issues of this magazine, which includes a bit of Crayon Shin-Chan (that's probably the most well-known manga they have :lol:) but also parts of two cooking manga called Aji Ichi Monme and Oishinbo, along with Kachō Shima Kōsaku (actually, I also have two issues of Young Shima Kōsaku translated into Korean because my dad was hoping that would help me get into Korean, but nope :lol:), What's Michael?, Naniwa Kin'yūdō, Hyaku-Nen Senryū, Ningen Kōsaten...well, okay, basically, I have all of these and all of these, without the tapes but including the issues that are not even for sale anymore. :lol:

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-03, 22:44

Yeah, I'd hazard to guess that you're typical American manga fan wouldn't have those. :lol:

Still cool though. :yep:

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-12-03, 22:50

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-12-08, 4:15

księżycowy wrote:

But I LOVED Magica Madoka! I'm currently watching Akame Ga kill.

Good stuff, good stuff! :wink:

Today I watched the first two episodes of Mai-hime and I just got tons of Japanese dvds that were on sale at Barnes and Noble. They had a lot of Anime I was surprised.
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-08, 9:57

Awesome! :D That's a pretty cool find.

As I answered in the other thread, I haven't seen Mai-Hime, but I might check it out. Let me know how you like it.

Is that what you found on sale btw?

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-26, 17:14

So, I went on a nice anime and manga binge this week! :lol:
Probably too much, but I just couldn't pass up some of stuff I saw. I ended up with a lot of shows I've already seen and liked/loved:

To Aru Kagaku no Rērugan (Interestingly I've never seen the original show this show is a spin off of)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
K-On Season 2
Samurai Champloo
and if the price is still low next week I might pick up Yu Yu Hakusho.

Manga is another matter. :blush:

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Re: The Anime Thread

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-27, 17:36

So, I just finished
Akame ga Kill - 8/10. It was a good show. A few quirks irked me a little bit, but overall it was great action and a good enough story. I didn't see Tatsumi's death coming at all! At a certain point I think they went a little overboard with the killing off of the main characters. But that's a somewhat minor gripe because it did make it more entertaining and always left me guessing, which is always a good thing.

and

Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru - 9.5/10 The only other show I've ever given a 9+ to is Madoka Magica, to give you an indication. (yes, I'm a fanboy, come attack me internet! :P ) And they are like opposite sides of the same coin really. The ending was not exactly what I was expecting, and left me with many questions. Which is a good thing in this case! I can only hope that they continue the story somehow because, well, they NEED to! :yep: :yep: :yep: :lol:

So time to update my list:
Akame ga Kill
Ina-Batoru wa Nichijo-kei no Naka de
Akatsuki no Yona
Hellsing Ultimate (on break)
Naruto: Shippuden (on break)
Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru
Inuyasha The Final Act (on break)
"New" additions:
To Aru Kagaku no Rērugan (my second time watching the first season, and time to get caught up on the second season)
Samurai Champloo (my third time watching it)
Last edited by księżycowy on 2014-12-27, 18:19, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Culture”