[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
The Anime Thread - Page 3 - UniLang

The Anime Thread

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderators: Car, Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, Global Moderators

Yasna

Re: The Anime Thread

Postby Yasna » 2014-12-27, 18:08

I stopped watching Akame ga Kill after they killed off my favorite character, the cute and lovely Chelsea, and then cut off her head and put it on a pole!!! That was way more than I could handle. Screw that show.
Ein Buch muß die Axt sein für das gefrorene Meer in uns. - Kafka

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-27, 18:17

Yeah, that was a little much, even for that show. Like i said above, they went overboard with that.

Watching anything now?
þūhte mē þæt ic gesāwe syllicre trēow on lyft lædan lēohte bewunden bēama beorhtost.

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-28, 13:04

So, I have now finished Inō-Batoru wa Nichijō-kei no Naka de - 7.7/10 it was a good show with some pretty good moments (both funny and action packed). But in the end it felt like a lot of those type of shows. Still, it was far better then Rokujoma.

Viewing List:
Inō-Batoru wa Nichijō-kei no Naka de
Akatsuki no Yona
Hellsing Ultimate (on break)
Naruto: Shippuden (on break)
Inuyasha The Final Act (on break)
To Aru Kagaku no Rērugan
Samurai Champloo

I'll probably pick up Hellsing again, I want to see the ending (and watch it in sub as opposed to dub). That show was pretty rocking when I was watching it before. Speaking of bloody deaths. :lol:
þūhte mē þæt ic gesāwe syllicre trēow on lyft lædan lēohte bewunden bēama beorhtost.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Jī Anime Surēdo!

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-12-28, 17:59

księżycowy wrote:So, I went on a nice anime and manga binge this week! :lol:
Probably too much, but I just couldn't pass up some of stuff I saw. I ended up with a lot of shows I've already seen and liked/loved:

To Aru Kagaku no Rērugan (Interestingly I've never seen the original show this show is a spin off of)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
K-On Season 2
Samurai Champloo
and if the price is still low next week I might pick up Yu Yu Hakusho.

Manga is another matter. :blush:

So what manga did you get? I wonder whether I'll even recognize any of the ones you got. :lol:

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-28, 19:06

I'm taking the names to my grave!

Actually I didn't buy that much manga this time. But I'm starting to get back into it, thanks to sites like mangafox and the like. This time around I bought the first two volumes of Sougou Tovarisch (in Japanese of course, because it hasn't been translated into English yet. That should give me the kick in the pants to start up some Japanese again later this coming year. As if I needed another excuse. :lol: ).

Come to think of it, I also have some other manga lying around the house I've read already. Though that was a long time ago. i should dig those up again.

And if anyone's interested, I have a profile on myanimelist as well:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Neosamurai7
I'd be more then happy to discuss things there as well.
Last edited by księżycowy on 2014-12-28, 19:20, edited 2 times in total.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-12-28, 19:11

Ah, I see. So it's a secret. :P

Oh wait, you mean you got...? :shock: (księżycowy successfully silences Vijay before he can say anything) :lol:

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-28, 19:17

No, no, nothing like that. :lol:

Well, at least not completely that from what I read of what I got. Though there are a few *cough* scenes.

I take it you like some manga yourself, Vijay?

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-12-28, 20:20

Oh, I thought you meant you bought Mangajin. :rotfl:

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2014-12-28, 23:38

Nope. I usually buy actual, like, story manga. Or whatever you'd want to call them. :lol:

I have seen similar things to Mangajin before, but I usually pass them by.

Youngfun
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Youngfun » 2015-01-01, 10:12

mōdgethanc wrote:This is the anime thread. If you like anime, this is the thread for you. My favourite anime shows are Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell and Serial Experiments Lain.

Why did you change "Jī Anime Surēdo" to "The Anime Thread" and re-write your first post in correct English spelling?

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2015-01-01, 10:30

Good question, I'm curious as well.
Is it because I'm using this as a real thread now? :P

Yasna

Postby Yasna » 2015-01-01, 16:30

księżycowy wrote:Watching anything now?

Back to Fairy Tail, which I haven't watched since last spring. I'm around episode 45.

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2015-01-01, 17:34

I was starting to watch that a month or two ago. I didn't get too far with it (episode 2 or 3) but that's not cause I didn't like it. I might go back to it in a bit, after I finish watching a few other shows.

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2015-01-08, 14:17

My first impressions of Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai! are pretty good. I think I've found a new series to watch.

mōdgethanc

Postby mōdgethanc » 2015-01-09, 19:09

Youngfun wrote:Why did you change "Jī Anime Surēdo" to "The Anime Thread" and re-write your first post in correct English spelling?
Because I made it as a half-hearted attempt at making fun of weebs, but decided that wasn't very sporting of me.

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2015-01-15, 13:08

I just finished both seasons of Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai! and I have to say, I fucking loved that show! It was quite funny a lot of the time, and had a bit of drama, a good mix in my book. I'd give it an 8.75 over all.

Viewing List:
Akatsuki no Yona
Inuyasha: The Final Act
*To Aru Kagaku no Rērugan
*Samurai Champloo (on break)
Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai!
*K-On!!
*Yu Yu Hakusho

* = Rewatching

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2015-01-24, 11:58

Time to update my list.

I just got caught up on the second season of Railgun. That show is still as entertaining as ever! Good humor, good action and the Accelerator arc was an interesting change of pace, being a bit darker and bloodier then usual for the show. Overall, 8.90 for both seasons.

I also checked about 4 episodes of Higurashi, finally. The art is a bit lacking IMO, but man, that story and atmosphere drew me right in. I plan on finishing this one.

I have yet to check anything out from the current winter season, I'm sure I'll find something though.

Viewing List:
Akatsuki no Yona
Inuyasha: The Final Act
*To Aru Kagaku no Rērugan
*Samurai Champloo
*Yu Yu Hakusho
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (on break)
Norigami (on break)

* = Rewatching
Last edited by księżycowy on 2015-01-30, 18:02, edited 2 times in total.

Ashucky
Global Moderator

Postby Ashucky » 2015-01-24, 12:53

Oh, I totally didn't know this was a thread here!

Anyway, my current viewing list is:
Fairy Tail (the current filler arc kinda sucks but it should soon be over, anyway)
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season
Log Horizon 2nd Season
One Piece
Tokyo Ghoul √A

Only 6 anime this season, I think I had about 12 the previous season xD
Slovenščina (sl)English (en)Italiano (it)漢語 (zh)Español (es)Suomi (fi)Svenska (sv)日本語 (ja)فارسی (fa)Nešili (hit)
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
Največji sovražnik znanja ni nevednost, marveč iluzija znanja.

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2015-01-24, 19:43

Welcome to the club! :wink:

Nice show list too, btw.

Yasna

Postby Yasna » 2015-01-26, 5:21

I started watching Noragami. Interesting show! I love the ending theme to it.

Return to “Culture”