[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
The Anime Thread - Page 4 - UniLang

The Anime Thread

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderators: Car, Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, Global Moderators

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Re: The Anime Thread

Postby księżycowy » 2015-01-26, 12:49

The first episode just hooked me, I'm in!
þūhte mē þæt ic gesāwe syllicre trēow on lyft lædan lēohte bewunden bēama beorhtost.

Ashucky
Global Moderator

Postby Ashucky » 2015-01-26, 13:35

Oh yeah, I loved Noragami, it got a 9/10 from me. Too bad it was only 8 episodes, though. :(
Slovenščina (sl)English (en)Italiano (it)漢語 (zh)Español (es)Suomi (fi)Svenska (sv)日本語 (ja)فارسی (fa)Nešili (hit)
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
Največji sovražnik znanja ni nevednost, marveč iluzija znanja.

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2015-01-26, 14:07

I'm counting 12 episodes + 2 OVA.

Considering this just came out recently, there's hope for a second season, no?
þūhte mē þæt ic gesāwe syllicre trēow on lyft lædan lēohte bewunden bēama beorhtost.

Ashucky
Global Moderator

Postby Ashucky » 2015-01-26, 14:27

Ugh, yes, 12 episodes + OVA's. I've no idea why I wrote 8 *brainfart* :para:

And yeah, it's a fairly recent anime but there haven't even been any announcements for a 2nd season yet (as far as I know, at least). And considering a few anime have a second season already airing, with the previous season having ended after Noragami ... But yeah, I do hope there will be a second season eventually. *fingers crossed*
Slovenščina (sl)English (en)Italiano (it)漢語 (zh)Español (es)Suomi (fi)Svenska (sv)日本語 (ja)فارسی (fa)Nešili (hit)
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2015-01-26, 17:12

Yeah, there's certainly not any guarantee, as we all know. Fingers crossed indeed!

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2015-01-30, 18:04

Time to update my list.

I just got caught up on the second season of Railgun. That show is still as entertaining as ever! Good humor, good action and the Accelerator arc was an interesting change of pace, being a bit darker and bloodier then usual for the show. Overall, 8.90 for both seasons.

I also checked about 4 episodes of Higurashi, finally. The art is a bit lacking IMO, but man, that story and atmosphere drew me right in. I plan on finishing this one.

I have yet to check anything out from the current winter season, I'm sure I'll find something though.

Viewing List:
Akatsuki no Yona
Hellsing Ultimate (on break)
Naruto: Shippuden (on break)
Inuyasha: The Final Act
*To Aru Kagaku no Rērugan
*Samurai Champloo
*Yu Yu Hakusho
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (on break)
Norigami (on break)

* = Rewatching

EDIT: Oops, I clicked "edit" instead of "quote" on my old message. Oh well. :lol:

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2015-02-05, 23:00

Yasna wrote:I started watching Noragami. Interesting show! I love the ending theme to it.

I loved Norgami! I want more of it.

I'm currently trying to finish season 1 of Sword Art Online.
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2015-02-05, 23:26

Meera wrote:I'm currently trying to finish season 1 of Sword Art Online.

I got one of my friends into that show. I should revisit it and see what season 2 is like.

Ashucky
Global Moderator

Postby Ashucky » 2015-02-06, 0:17

księżycowy wrote:
Meera wrote:I'm currently trying to finish season 1 of Sword Art Online.

I got one of my friends into that show. I should revisit it and see what season 2 is like.
I quite liked SAO 2, it's worth watching, imo.

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2015-02-06, 12:23

I would hope it's quite like the first season, and that was pretty awesome.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-02-09, 1:33

I just remembered a day or two ago that my brother went to Japan last year and got me an issue of a Japanese magazine called Otona no Shūmatsu (おとなの週末; this website translates it as "weekend guides for adults") that apparently rates restaurants in Tokyo. It has a couple of three-page (food/cooking-related) manga at the back. (OK, that's not saying much, but hey, it's still something! :P). One is called "Komadori Fūfu no Tōkyō Bon Gohan" (こまどり夫婦の東京Bonごはん), and the other is "Kōfuku Sanmai" (口福三昧).

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2015-02-14, 12:03

You always have such interesting manga Vijay. :P

Viewing List:
Akatsuki no Yona (on break)
Hellsing Ultimate (on break)
Naruto: Shippuden (on break)
Hell Girl
*Yuru Yuri
*Samurai Champloo
*Yu Yu Hakusho
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (on break)
Norigami (on break)

* = Rewatching

loqu
Language Forum Moderator
Location: Sevilla (Andalucía) and València (País Valencià), but originally from Cádiz (Andalucía)

Postby loqu » 2015-02-14, 12:35

I'm a fan of Sailor Moon, but there are so many episodes that I can't take myself to downloading them all. And there's no possibility to buy the DVDs.
De tant que et vull, et trac un ull.
Qui no vulga pols, que no vaja a l'era.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-02-14, 16:51

księżycowy wrote:You always have such interesting manga Vijay. :P

Awww, thanks! :lol:

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2015-02-14, 20:24

loqu wrote:I'm a fan of Sailor Moon, but there are so many episodes that I can't take myself to downloading them all. And there's no possibility to buy the DVDs.

I still remember that show, well, the older version anyway. Not that I watched it all that much, but I caught a few episodes here and there.

vijayjohn wrote:Awww, thanks! :lol:

:cheery:

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2015-02-19, 7:09

loqu wrote:I'm a fan of Sailor Moon, but there are so many episodes that I can't take myself to downloading them all. And there's no possibility to buy the DVDs.

I love Sailor Moon!
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

razlem

Postby razlem » 2015-02-19, 21:06

I finished Attack on Titan, but to be completely honest, I wasn't impressed. It took so long to get to the major plot points.
"For those language inventors, language was not an enemy to be tamed or reformed, but a muse. And they bowed down before her."
- Arika Okrent

(en-us):: (de):: (es)  (zh):: (cho)  (fi)  (sv)  (ir)
Image Wia wi nehas-kolwatos Angos! Check out my IAL Angos
Image Contributor to the Houma Language Project

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2015-02-20, 14:03

razlem wrote:I finished Attack on Titan, but to be completely honest, I wasn't impressed. It took so long to get to the major plot points.
I thought it was pretty good. But I can see what you mean. Still, it seemed to keep me engaged well the whole time.

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2015-03-01, 14:04

Time for an update. I keep forgetting to update this list here, but something tells me not too many people would be broken-hearted over that. :P :lol:

Decided to check out Another and Okamikakushi. I remember bits and pieces of the first episode of Okami a while back. It hasn't hooked me quite yet, but I'll give it another episode or two. Another on the other hand hooked me from the first episode. Those dolls are so creepy, and so is the overall atmosphere. The end of episode three was unique. I mean, falling on an umbrella like that? It could easily be written off like an accident too. I just know that's not where they're going with that, but it looked like one. Very cool. Hehehe. :twisted:

Viewing List:
Akatsuki no Yona (on hold)
Naruto: Shippuden
Hell Girl
*Samurai Champloo
*Yu Yu Hakusho
Another
Okamikakushi
Psycho Pass (on hold)
Norigami (on hold)

* = Rewatching

Return to “Culture”