[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
Peanut Butter and ....? sandwich - Page 3 - UniLang

Peanut Butter and ....? sandwich

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderators: Car, Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, Global Moderators

loqu
Language Forum Moderator
Location: Sevilla (Andalucía) and València (País Valencià), but originally from Cádiz (Andalucía)

Re: Peanut Butter and ....? sandwich

Postby loqu » 2014-09-17, 14:33

linguoboy wrote:My partner reminded me that he eats peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches, but--his claims to the contrary notwithstanding--he's the only person I've ever known to do that. (He claims Elvis ate them, too, but he's associated with peanut butter and banana sandwiches (sometimes with bacon as well).)

Oh no. no. NO. Mayonnaise was made to accompany, not to be eaten as the main ingredient. I'm dying a bit inside.
De tant que et vull, et trac un ull.
Qui no vulga pols, que no vaja a l'era.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2014-09-17, 14:37

loqu wrote:Oh no. no. NO. Mayonnaise was made to accompany, not to be eaten as the main ingredient. I'm dying a bit inside.

In that case I won't tell you about the people in my country who eat mayonnaise right out of the jar.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Ludwig Whitby

Postby Ludwig Whitby » 2014-09-17, 14:51

linguoboy wrote:
loqu wrote:Oh no. no. NO. Mayonnaise was made to accompany, not to be eaten as the main ingredient. I'm dying a bit inside.

In that case I won't tell you about the people in my country who eat mayonnaise right out of the jar.

To me that's disgusting. I'm not sure I'd even be able to do that.

Hoogstwaarschijnlijk

Postby Hoogstwaarschijnlijk » 2014-09-17, 17:25

loqu wrote:
linguoboy wrote:My partner reminded me that he eats peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches, but--his claims to the contrary notwithstanding--he's the only person I've ever known to do that. (He claims Elvis ate them, too, but he's associated with peanut butter and banana sandwiches (sometimes with bacon as well).)

Oh no. no. NO. Mayonnaise was made to accompany french fries, not to be eaten as the main ingredient. I'm dying a bit inside.

Small correction.
Interests: lots.
Motivation: little.

Corrections appreciated.

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-09-23, 7:05

I tried a peanut butter and nutella sandwich today, and let me tell you, it is the most delicious thing ever (except for chocolate). It made the fact that I was eating freezer-bread nullified: it supersedes any other sandwich I have eaten with peanut butter, my next experiment shall be pbnb (peanut butter, nutella, and banana) sandwich.
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

Prowler

Postby Prowler » 2014-10-12, 17:26

I don't think peanut butter is very popular around these parts. In fact, I have never tried peanut butter or even seen it before other than in movies or on tv. Not saying we don't have it here, obviously.

People usually make ham and cheese sandwiches here. Or just with one of the ingredients. At restaurants and cafés you can order more elaborate sandwiches which can include lettuce, tomato, tuna, chicken, cheese, bacon, etc. but I'm yet to see one that includes peanut butter.
Fluent: (en) Intermediate:  (de) Wants to learn:  (nl) (fr) (ja) (no)

razlem

Postby razlem » 2014-10-27, 16:31

I've always eaten peanut butter either by itself or with Nutella, but never with jelly (blegh). I suppose I can contribute that to my German upbringing.
"For those language inventors, language was not an enemy to be tamed or reformed, but a muse. And they bowed down before her."
- Arika Okrent

(en-us):: (de):: (es)  (zh):: (cho)  (fi)  (sv)  (ir)
Image Wia wi nehas-kolwatos Angos! Check out my IAL Angos
Image Contributor to the Houma Language Project

Return to “Culture”