[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
Do you love your country ? - Page 3 - UniLang

Do you love your country ?

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderators: Car, Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, Global Moderators

Levo

Re: Do you love your country ?

Postby Levo » 2015-01-19, 22:43

If I had the money and didn't have to work full time/had way more spare time, Hungary would be an awesome place to be in, in my opinion :)

I think then I would be close to "loving" my country.

But this way, I'd say, I kind of like Hungary, and I could like it better, given some better circumstances.

Ciarán12
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Ciarán12 » 2015-01-19, 22:56

I love/feel proud of my culture (the nice parts, anyway), and I like and feel a sense of belonging to the landscape and the particular history that my culture has gone through based on its location on the island of Ireland, and I am glad that the Irish as an ethnic group govern their own sovereign state rather than being governed by a system dominated by another ethnic group, but none of that means that I like, say, the government that happens to be in power right now, or the policies it endorses, or even some of the more widely held cultural attitudes of the people of the country. So I like the "ethnic" stuff, but dislike the politics.
Beidh Gaeilge líofa chruinn bhlasta agam nó go bhfaighe mé bás san iarracht!

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2015-01-20, 8:26

Levo wrote:If I had the money and didn't have to work full time/had way more spare time, Hungary would be an awesome place to be in, in my opinion :)

But this way, I'd say, I kind of like Hungary, and I could like it better, given some better circumstances.

I love the Hungarian food, Balaton and Budapest.
And Barcs too, for its affordable shopping and pools. :)
learning:  (ne)  (sv)  (es-ar)  (hi) (Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Telugu)

Ashucky
Global Moderator

Postby Ashucky » 2015-01-24, 13:58

I like my country in terms of its landscape, and I despise it in terms of economy and politics, and generally don't like it in terms of society and social norms and everything else that come with that. I do like the part of the country I live in, that's Western Slovenia, and more specifically Istria, the rest of the country can suck it for all I care. (I'm all in favour of re-establishing the Venetian republic ...)

I do like the European Union, though. It has its problems atm but I hope they'll be resolved soon enough. And I plan to leave the country and move to Sweden, hopefully, so I just hope the EU lasts till then.
Slovenščina (sl)English (en)Italiano (it)漢語 (zh)Español (es)Suomi (fi)Svenska (sv)日本語 (ja)فارسی (fa)Nešili (hit)
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
Največji sovražnik znanja ni nevednost, marveč iluzija znanja.

Levo

Postby Levo » 2015-01-27, 10:18

TeneReef wrote:
Levo wrote:If I had the money and didn't have to work full time/had way more spare time, Hungary would be an awesome place to be in, in my opinion :)

I love the Hungarian food, Balaton and Budapest.
And Barcs too, for its affordable shopping and pools. :)

Barcs! :D It is great to hear such.
Close to the Croatian border.

Balaton and Budapest indeed have a lot to offer.
Last time, when I went to Slovenia, I met a Croatian boy on the train and he told me about some remote parts of Croatia which don't belong to the most popular places of the country, but worth a visit.
I wish I visited Croatia once for real. Must have a lot of nice places, with a similar cultural background as ours.

Return to “Culture”