[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
YouTube Channels - Page 2 - UniLang

YouTube Channels

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderators: Car, Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, Global Moderators

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Re: YouTube Channels

Postby vijayjohn » 2015-02-04, 0:25

I think I'm starting to fall in love with this channel :lol: (And I'm pretty sure she's from in or near Toronto. I vaguely remember seeing/hearing that some time ago. I don't remember where/how exactly I found that out, though). A fellow UniLanger already confirmed that she is indeed from Brampton, which is near Toronto. :P

Canadian English (en-CA) IISuperwomanII

Koko

Postby Koko » 2015-02-05, 6:56

Was hooked on the first of three or four videos that I've just watched. Glad to know she's Canadian, but where are my fellow western Canadians :( ?

A while ago I had found  (us) Xidnaf (a factor in my Lojban interest :para: ). He does videos on linguistics in an interesting way. All of his videos are composed of drawings he's done himself, mostly stick figures but hey, he's putting a lot of effort. Also, could anyone confirm his older videos' info? He's stated before that his main resource is wikipedia, but I don't know much of linguistics outside what is needed for conlanging, so… he's still entertaining a me.
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

dEhiN
Language Forum Moderator

Postby dEhiN » 2015-02-06, 0:45

Koko wrote:A while ago I had found  (us) Xidnaf (a factor in my Lojban interest :para: ). He does videos on linguistics in an interesting way. All of his videos are composed of drawings he's done himself, mostly stick figures but hey, he's putting a lot of effort. Also, could anyone confirm his older videos' info? He's stated before that his main resource is wikipedia, but I don't know much of linguistics outside what is needed for conlanging, so… he's still entertaining a me.

I love Xidnaf. I believe his older vids - the ones he did while still in high school - were ones where he did research on Wikipedia mainly and perhaps solely. From what I recall of the comments in most of those videos, his research seemed to be spot on.

I could definitely see him being a linguistics prof one day; not sure if that's what he wants to do, but even his newer vids since starting to study linguistics have matured in his oratory and perhaps also explanatory skills.
Je veux parler toutes les langues dans le monde!

Koko

Postby Koko » 2015-02-06, 3:51

dEhiN wrote:From what I recall of the comments in most of those videos, his research seemed to be spot on.

That's what I thought too. But you can never be too sure ;) (i'm probably just being too skeptical :whistle: )

I could definitely see him being a linguistics prof one day; not sure if that's what he wants to do, but even his newer vids since starting to study linguistics have matured in his oratory and perhaps also explanatory skills.

Yeah. If he does, I would definitely take his class. I love his drawings too: The one with the drunk farmers in his "Ass VS Arse" video was great!

I tried to show my friends him, but they couldn't get past his voice :? . Maybe that's an excuse to not watch vids on linguistics.
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

IpseDixit

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-02-06, 15:20

I actually find his voice kind of cute. :\

IpseDixit

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-03-04, 18:31

meidei

Postby meidei » 2015-03-04, 19:26

Xidnaf is great, I am a bit envious of him, still retaining his passion in linguistics and stuff.
But indeed his first few videos, which he didn't research that well, did make me despise him at first. I can be elitist.
Knows:Cypriot Standard Greek & Cypriot Spoken Greek (el-cy)| (en)|Standard Greek - Greece's Written Standard (el)
Attempting:  (tr) (sgn-CY)
Resuming shorty: (fr)
Forgetting: (ja)

Aisling
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Aisling » 2015-03-06, 20:19

Native:  (tr), Fluent:  (da)  (el), Advanced:  (en)  (fr)  (de)  (es)  (sv), Intermediate:  (ga)  (bg)  (no)

Ciarán12
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Ciarán12 » 2015-03-06, 20:32

Multilingual: WikiTongues - Clips for people speaking in many different languages.

(ga) CODasGAEILGE - Guy plays Call of Duty and speaks in Irish, does some game reviews, memes, Irish lessons etc.

(ga) Seán Ó Briain - This guys uploads Irish language and Irish interest videos.

(ga) TG Lurgan - Channel for Irish cover versions of pop songs.
Beidh Gaeilge líofa chruinn bhlasta agam nó go bhfaighe mé bás san iarracht!

IpseDixit

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-03-07, 16:39

Return to “Culture”