[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
the person after me game - Page 405 - UniLang

the person after me game

Moderators: dEhiN, JackFrost

Aisling
Language Forum Moderator

Re: the person after me game

Postby Aisling » 2015-03-07, 15:53

I don't have a job, so no.

The person after me loves drinking beer.
Native:  (tr), Fluent:  (da)  (el), Advanced:  (en)  (fr)  (de)  (es)  (sv), Intermediate:  (ga)  (bg)  (no)

TheStrayCat

Postby TheStrayCat » 2015-03-07, 17:56

Sometimes, but I've never been addicted to it. I don't remember when it was last time though, because to get some beer in America I need to have my foreign passport with me, which mentions my date of birth. That document is too important for me and I just prefer to keep it in my drawer unless I really need it. :)

The person after me can't live a day without listening to music.

Lada
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Lada » 2015-03-08, 10:09

It seems that I listen to music every day, but music is not air, so I'm sure that I can live without it.

The person after me loves oxygen cocktails.

TheStrayCat

Postby TheStrayCat » 2015-03-12, 19:57

I have googled it and I don't think I have ever tried them. I like milkshakes though, if this counts.

The person after me is always better at writing in foreign languages than at speaking.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2015-03-12, 20:11

Everybody is. Unless you're counting in some Asian things.

The person below me is more of an introvert.
Hungarian (hu) Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára. _______German (de) Wo ein Wille ist, da ist auch ein Weg.
English (en) Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. __Spanish (es) No hay ceguera peor que no querer mirar.
Romanian (ro) Nu întinde arcul până nu este bine aşezată săgeata.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2015-03-12, 20:14

TheStrayCat wrote:The person after me is always better at writing in foreign languages than at speaking.
Levike wrote:Everybody is. Unless you're counting in some Asian things.
in your whole life, you've never met a single person who was illiterate in one or more of the languages they speak?
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Levike

Postby Levike » 2015-03-12, 21:07

linguoboy wrote:In your whole life, you've never met a single person
who was illiterate in one or more of the languages they speak?
The question was about foreign languages. Not native or L2.
Hungarian (hu) Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára. _______German (de) Wo ein Wille ist, da ist auch ein Weg.
English (en) Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. __Spanish (es) No hay ceguera peor que no querer mirar.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2015-03-12, 21:36

Levike wrote:
linguoboy wrote:In your whole life, you've never met a single person
who was illiterate in one or more of the languages they speak?
The question was about foreign languages. Not native or L2.
So what's a "foreign language" and how does it differ from an "L2"? Have you never known anyone who learned a foreign language orally? That's not unusual in my country.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Levike

Postby Levike » 2015-03-12, 22:23

By L2 I meant something like Romanian for me.
Or as if an Italian kid moved to Great Britain and learnt English there.

And no, I don't know anyone who learnt a foreign language orally.

Lada
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Lada » 2015-03-14, 14:50

Levike wrote:The person below me is more of an introvert.

I'm introvert but what are criteria for "more"?

The next person is ready to tell us about their first love.

Aisling
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Aisling » 2015-03-14, 20:01

Lada wrote:The next person is ready to tell us about their first love.

I've never been in love with anyone in real life.

The person after me is going to watch the film "Fifty Shades of Grey".
Native:  (tr), Fluent:  (da)  (el), Advanced:  (en)  (fr)  (de)  (es)  (sv), Intermediate:  (ga)  (bg)  (no)

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2015-03-15, 9:36

No, I tried to read the book got about 150 pages in before giving up. I found it terribly dry and boring.

The person after me goes to the cinema once a month.

iodalach93
Location: originally from Volterra (Italy), studying in Forlì (Italy)

Postby iodalach93 » 2015-03-15, 10:53

I would like to, but I don't.

The person below me will never get bored of this game :D
Mothertongue: Italian (it) Currently studying/practicing: British English (en) American English (en-US) Russian (ru) MSA (ar) Lebanese Arabic (ar-LB) Studied: Latin (la) Ancient Greek (grc) Speaking some: French (fr) Spanish (es-ES) Catalan (ca) European Portuguese (pt-PT) Brazilian Portuguese (pt-BR) Swedish (sv) Bulgarian (bg) Irish Gaelic (ga) Persian (fa) Beginner in: Romanian (ro) German (de) Icelandic (is) Polish (pl) Hungarian (hu) Lithuanian (lt) Greatly interested in: Sanskrit (sa) Etruscan (ett) Danish (da) Norwegian Bokmål (no-NB) Japanese (ja) Czech (cs) Croatian (hr) Finnish (fi) Tatar (tt) Turkish (tr) Azerbaijani (az) Georgian (ka) Coptic (cop) Hebrew (he) Syriac (syc) Maltese (mt) Armenian (hy-E) Albanian (sq) Modern Greek (el)

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2015-03-15, 11:24

Lada wrote:
Levike wrote:The person below me is more of an introvert.

I'm introvert but what are the criteria for "more"?
When something or someone is more of a <something> it means that given two options, they are more like one thing than the other. So, in Levike's sentence, it is being asked if you are more introvert than extrovert.

The next person is ready to tell us about their first love.
I'm not sure that ready to is the most natural choice of words here. Using ready to would imply that you are still emotionally scarred from it and would otherwise not want to talk about it. Or it could also mean that for some reason the person would have to prepare what to say. I would probably just say The next person will tell us ... (unless of course you meant it in one of the aforementioned ways).

tiuwiu wrote:No, I tried to read the book and got about 150 pages in before giving up. I found it terribly dry and boring.

iodalach93 wrote:The person below me will never get bored of this game :D

I have been playing it since 2008, and I'm not yet bored. So we shall see how much longer that lasts.

The person after me generally likes film adaptations of novels, despite what other people think of them.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2015-03-15, 11:59

I don't really read novels, so I'm not that concerned about film adaptations ruining them.

What is the favourite story of the person below me? A story that he/she had to read at school?

Return to “English”