[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
the person after me game - Page 403 - UniLang

the person after me game

Moderators: dEhiN, JackFrost

Cesare M.

Re: the person after me game

Postby Cesare M. » 2015-02-23, 18:01

Not at the moment lol

The next person has been having heartburn.

TheStrayCat

Postby TheStrayCat » 2015-02-23, 19:36

Yes, it doesn't bother me that often, and it's never really painful, but sometimes I have it.

The person after me knows where Hoosiers live.

IpseDixit
Language Forum Moderator

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-02-23, 19:45

Who?

The person after me is a member of Scientology.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2015-02-23, 20:30

TheStrayCat wrote:The person after me knows where Hoosiers live.
Fun fact: In the dialect of St Louis, Missouri, "hoosier" is a term of abuse roughly equivalent to "white trash" or "redneck" (i.e. poor uneducated Whites, generally from rural areas). I was astounded when I came to Chicago to find people self-identifying as "Hoosiers".

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the Church of Scientology. In my youth, I flirted with joining the Church of the SubGenius, but ultimately found its beliefs and mythology far too plausible for my taste.

The person after me has formally had their name stricken from the official membership list of a religious denomination.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

IpseDixit
Language Forum Moderator

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-02-24, 10:29

Not yet.

The person after me has studied a language spoken in the Middle Ages.

Lada
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Lada » 2015-02-24, 16:48

I studied Old English - Ic cwethe engelsk, that's all I remember.

The person after me self-studies something else besides languages. What is that?

IpseDixit
Language Forum Moderator

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-02-24, 17:14

Nothing. So far languages is the only thing I've taught myself.

The person after me uses an electric toothbrush.

TheStrayCat

Postby TheStrayCat » 2015-02-25, 6:00

linguoboy wrote:
TheStrayCat wrote:The person after me knows where Hoosiers live.
Fun fact: In the dialect of St Louis, Missouri, "hoosier" is a term of abuse roughly equivalent to "white trash" or "redneck" (i.e. poor uneducated Whites, generally from rural areas). I was astounded when I came to Chicago to find people self-identifying as "Hoosiers".

Interesting. Then how do they refer to people living in the state that is just beyond Illinois? :)

IpseDixit wrote:The person after me uses an electric toothbrush.

No. I don't need it, a regular one is good enough.

The person after me has seen a doctor this week.

IpseDixit
Language Forum Moderator

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-02-25, 13:24

Nope.

The person below me plays the oboe.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2015-02-25, 16:30

No, I tried to play flute in junior high but ... well ... in short, it was a disaster.

The person after me was afraid that a cherry tree would grow inside her/his stomach if s/he swallowed a cherry pip when s/he was young.

IpseDixit
Language Forum Moderator

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-02-25, 16:35

No. Such an idea never crossed my mind.

The person below me will tell us what their favourite TV channel is.

Aisling
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Aisling » 2015-02-25, 17:15

My favourite TV channel is BBC Entertainment. That channel of the BBC broadcasts some of the programmes that are originally broadcasted in one of their local channels. I used to watch EastEnders on that channel until we cancelled our subscription to Tivibu, which is a television service founded by TTNET in Turkey. Its former name was BBC Prime, and I watched that channel in 2003-2004, when we have just moved to Istanbul. They broadcasted (or maybe still broadcasting) Balamory (I loved that programme), Teletubbies (the programme which had made my childhood), Tweenies, The Weakest Link (the BBC stopped broadcasting new episodes of that competition, but they were still broadcasting old episodes of it) and EastEnders (the first TV series which I had watched).

The person after me likes watching the BBC World News.
Native:  (tr), Fluent:  (da)  (el), Advanced:  (en)  (fr)  (de)  (es)  (sv), Intermediate:  (ga)  (bg)  (no)

IpseDixit
Language Forum Moderator

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-02-25, 18:39

Not that much.

What did the person below me want to be when they were a child?

Levike

Postby Levike » 2015-02-25, 19:50

A doctor, I cut half of my toys into pieces just to operate on them.

The person after me faints whenever they see needles approaching.
Hungarian (hu) Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára. _______German (de) Wo ein Wille ist, da ist auch ein Weg.
English (en) Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. __Spanish (es) No hay ceguera peor que no querer mirar.
Romanian (ro) Nu întinde arcul până nu este bine aşezată săgeata.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2015-02-26, 16:26

No, I'm not afraid of needles at all, so it has never been a problem for me.

The person after me has an allergy to hay.

IpseDixit
Language Forum Moderator

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-02-26, 17:47

More precisely to true grasses.

The person after me likes the game Tetris.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2015-02-26, 21:00

I like every game until I lose.

The person after me still knows how to play Monopoly.
Hungarian (hu) Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára. _______German (de) Wo ein Wille ist, da ist auch ein Weg.
English (en) Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. __Spanish (es) No hay ceguera peor que no querer mirar.
Romanian (ro) Nu întinde arcul până nu este bine aşezată săgeata.

Viridzen

Postby Viridzen » 2015-02-27, 1:28

Nope, I never learned, actually. Isn't it true that it takes days to finish a game of Monopoly?

The person after me wants to be a journalist one day.
Please, correct my errors. S'il vous plaît, corrigez mes erreurs.
C2:  (en) B1: Focusing on:  (fr) (A2),  (got)

TheStrayCat

Postby TheStrayCat » 2015-02-27, 1:52

Viridzen wrote:Nope, I never learned, actually. Isn't it true that it takes days to finish a game of Monopoly?

The person after me wants to be a journalist one day.

It probably depends on the version of the game. If you're allowed to trade with others and all players are willing to do so in order to make the game less stagnant, it shouldn't. When ten years ago I was a child and played it with my grandparents, usually it wouldn't take us more than one evening.

No, I wouldn't like. But I like writing and talking about my traveling experiences, so I probably could make a good blogger... if I weren't that lazy.

The person after me has regular curtains (not jalousie or anything like that) at their home.

IpseDixit
Language Forum Moderator

Postby IpseDixit » 2015-02-27, 14:51

I have curtains and louvers.

The person below me is happy about the latest progresses in their language(s).

Return to “English”