[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
2014 - UniLang

Moderators: JackFrost, dEhiN

Mars80

Postby Mars80 » 2014-11-13, 18:53

How do you say this current year? I hear both "two thousand fourteen" and "twenty fourteen".

linguoboy

Re: 2014

Postby linguoboy » 2014-11-13, 18:55

Mars80 wrote:How do you say this current year? I hear both "two thousand fourteen" and "twenty fourteen".

Well, I say both. Maybe that's why.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Mars80

Postby Mars80 » 2014-11-13, 19:07

linguoboy wrote:
Mars80 wrote:How do you say this current year? I hear both "two thousand fourteen" and "twenty fourteen".

Well, I say both. Maybe that's why.

Yeah. I typically go along with how the person speaking to me is saying the year. That is, if they say it before I do.

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2014-11-13, 19:58

"Two thousand [and] fourteen"

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-11-25, 11:04

Two thousand fourteen.

Olinguito

Postby Olinguito » 2014-11-25, 20:46

I say “twenty fourteen” because it uses fewer syllables. I’m lazy.
Bassaricyon neblina

Return to “English”