[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
I need some help in translation - UniLang

I need some help in translation

Moderator: Sol Invictus

MadThrasher

I need some help in translation

Postby MadThrasher » 2012-05-20, 15:00

I was listening to one of my favourite songs from my favourite band, and I was wondering: what do these lyrics mean? I'm pretty sure that these are related to the homeland of the band that contributed to this song, but could anyone give me an actual translation? Thanks in advance!

Kas kait manīm nedzīvoti
Lielas jūras maliņā
Cik jūriņa viļņus meta
Tik izmeta sudrabiņu

Es apvilku ūdens svārkus
Sīkakmeņa kažociņu
Nu es iešu jūriņai
Ar Ziemeli spēlēties

Sol Invictus
Language Forum Moderator

Re: I need some help in translation

Postby Sol Invictus » 2012-05-21, 2:23

Those are random folk songs related to sea, increadibly hard to translate literary, so I'll just go with general idea:

It is good to live
On shore of a large sea
Every time a wave washes ashore
It washes out silver

I wore a jacket made of water
And a coat made of thiny rocks
Now I will go into the sea
To play with the northern wind
I speak:  (lv) (en) I understand some:  (de) (ru) Toying with:  (es)

mak

Postby mak » 2012-05-21, 5:22

Here's my interpretation:

I think it's good to live by the Baltic see as it's rich.
I'm going fishing.

Sol Invictus
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Sol Invictus » 2012-05-21, 7:41

:rotfl:
mak wrote:I'm going fishing.

With all unrealistic water and rock stuff, I would go for something more sinister, either he drowned or, as similar stuff at dainuskapis.lv suggests it has something to do with fishing for girls and getting married as apparently pretty girls and boys come stright from the north, you know
I speak:  (lv) (en) I understand some:  (de) (ru) Toying with:  (es)

MadThrasher

Postby MadThrasher » 2012-05-21, 15:21

Sol Invictus wrote:Those are random folk songs related to sea, increadibly hard to translate literary, so I'll just go with general idea: [...]

Thanks very much for the translation! :)

mak wrote:Here's my interpretation:

I think it's good to live by the Baltic see as it's rich.
I'm going fishing.

:D :D

Return to “Latvian (Latviešu valoda)”