[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Jeg er... (absolute beginner) - UniLang

Jeg er... (absolute beginner)

Moderator: Mulder-21

kotrcka

Jeg er... (absolute beginner)

Postby kotrcka » 2010-04-03, 15:04

Hej alle,
jeg er Peter og jeg er fra Slovakiet. Jeg læser dansk sprog hurtigt.

Are there some other resources for online learning danish other that these few lessons here on Unilang? Or some penpals website, where I can contact native Danes.

Tak - for any help.
Knowledge: Slovak, Czech, English

Marcellus

Re: Jeg er... (absolute beginner)

Postby Marcellus » 2010-04-03, 16:33

kotrcka wrote:Hej alle,
jeg er Peter og jeg er fra Slovakiet. Jeg læser vil lære[?] det danske sprog hurtigt.

Are there some other resources for online learning danish other that these few lessons here on Unilang? Or some penpals website, where I can contact native Danes.

Tak - for any help.

There sure are! I particularly recommend Dansk her og nu and Netdansk one and two (note: many of the exercises in this course won't display properly in non-IE browsers). They both have their flaws, and are rather more intended as supplements than primarily courses, but they have many useful exercises, and most importantly, tons of audio, which is indispensable when learning a language like Danish (and far too neglected by most existing print courses). And while not strictly a language learning resource per se, I've found this guide another good source of transcribed audio, as well as a good way to pick up some vocabulary and get a basic overview of Danish history, culture and society.

It must be said, however, that a lack of good resources is probably the biggest challenge in learning Danish. I suppose publishers and the like just generally assume there isn't much of a demand for them. Maybe we need to start proving them wrong, eh?

In any case, good luck with you Danish learning exploits!

kotrcka

Postby kotrcka » 2010-04-03, 16:50

Hej,
tak for a quick reply.

First of all:

Jeg læser vil lære[?] det danske sprog hurtigt - I wanted to say "I am learning danish for a short time (shortly)". How is that in danish?

Secondly - I found that are only few resources for learning - even compared to other "small" languages with 5-10 millions of speakers (norwegian, finnish, baltic langs, ...) :-(

Maybe we can with running this forum with more language learning topics.

Marcellus

Postby Marcellus » 2010-04-04, 11:29

If you mean you started learning the language recently, I suppose you might say something like "Jeg har for nylig begyndt at lære dansk".

Norwegian and Finnish are sort of special cases. Norwegian has a higher proportion of learners than the number native speakers might suggest on account of having a reputation as a middle point between Danish and Swedish, thus making it seem the most "economical" of the Scandinavian language (how true this really is, I couldn't say). Finnish, on the other hand,has an "exotic" appeal on account of being a non-Indo-European language, likewise giving it something of a popularity boost. I should think, however, that Danish resources are considerably easier to come by than those of the Baltic languages, though, at least where I come from (it may well be different elsewhere in the world).

One contributing factor to the lack of popularity, and thereby resources for Danish, is I think, is a lack of a clear conception of the language in the non-Scandinavian world. I've met a distressingly high number of people in the U.S. who seem to either think that they speak Dutch in Denmark, that they speak Danish in the Netherlands, or that Dutch and Danish are two perfectly interchangeable names for the same language. I suspect this is due at least in part to a certain lack of linguistic pride I've encountered among Danes. Many of them simply don't seem to think anyone would be interested in learning their language in the first place; as a result, they don't make any real attempt to "advertise" the language to the world at large, so to speak, unlike, say, Italian speakers.

Ultimately, though, I think we end up with a sort of negative feedback loop. There aren't a large number of serious Danish learners because there aren't enough good resources for them to use, and nobody's interested in making any good resources because there aren't enough serious Danish learners. Each problem is caused by the other.

In an event, Demark has gained something of a popular reputation in recent years as being one of the happiest nations of earth, giving at least the country itself a sort of popularity boost. Whether this can be expected to carry over to some degree to the language itself remains to be seen, but we can certainly hope, no?

kotrcka

Postby kotrcka » 2010-04-04, 12:22

what else to say? :-) you are completely right :-D

but popular or not (or even "dutch" or not :-D ) - i will learn it. cross the fingers for me :-)

the links above are great for practising, so I am working on it during the holidays.

and thanks for reply.

ILuvEire
Link Moderator

Postby ILuvEire » 2010-04-05, 3:00

Velkommen til Unilang, og til den dansk forum, Kotrcka! Jeg håber at du kan godt lide denne små forum, vi må godt have fåe medlemmer, men vi er alle pæne og hjælpsomme :]
Welcome to Unilang, and to the Danish forum, Kotrcka! I hope you like this little forum, we may have few members, but we're all nice and helpful :]
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

kotrcka

Postby kotrcka » 2010-04-05, 9:02

ILuvEire wrote:Velkommen til Unilang, og til den dansk forum, Kotrcka! Jeg håber at du kan godt lide denne små forum, vi må godt have fåe medlemmer, men vi er alle pæne og hjælpsomme :]
Welcome to Unilang, and to the Danish forum, Kotrcka! I hope you like this little forum, we may have few members, but we're all nice and helpful :]

Tak. I will try hard :-) Danish is not that hard language - except of spoken part :-D

kotrcka

Postby kotrcka » 2010-04-07, 21:16

Hej alle,
Jeg har (en?) gode nyheder :-)

Everything is OK with learning. I bought a huge exercise book and I filled 5 pages already with basic phrases and words. And that is a question now. How to build my own dictionary? I think, it would be the best to write both definite and indefinite form of word for singular and plural like:

en mand - manden - mænd - mændene - man

especially for irregular words (like that "man"). Or is there some better way to learn it? And - where can I found an online dictionary with all these forms of every word (where I can type for example "man" and it shows me all 4 forms of that word in danish)?

Another thing. I listen to Denmar Radio (mainly P1), but - it is terrible :-) I did not understand well. It is really spoken Danish so hard? Like with hot potato in mouth. I tried to spoke in danish as well and I think it is very usable - but the oposite way (understanding to spoken danish from a native) is without success. Or it only needs some time?

Tak for alle svar...

maikengj

Postby maikengj » 2010-04-12, 22:48

Hej Kotrcka.
kotrcka wrote:Hej alle,
Jeg har (en?) gode nyheder

You can say "Jeg har en god nyhed" or "Jeg har gode nyheder". The fist one is singular and the second is plural.
I don't know any online dictionaries - and I don't know if there are any that show the definite forms - you just have to learn them.
But be aware: man is not a form of the word mand. Mand = a man, and man is a pronoun that have different translations depending on the context.
Spoken Danish is very different from written - we often don't pronounce the ending of the words, and the vowels are pronounced in many different ways :headbang: I think it will be easier in time.
Native: [flag]dk[/flag]
Fluent: [flag]en[/flag]/[flag]us[/flag]
Different degrees of knowledge: [flag]no[/flag][flag]sv[/flag][flag]es[/flag][flag]de[/flag]
Beginner: [flag]el[/flag][flag]pl[/flag]
Hopefully in the future: [flag]hy[/flag][flag]ka[/flag][flag]is[/flag][flag]et[/flag][flag]tr[/flag][flag]fa[/flag][flag]ga[/flag][flag]lt[/flag][flag]hu[/flag][flag]sr[/flag][flag]it[/flag][flag]ar[/flag][flag]he[/flag]

kotrcka

Postby kotrcka » 2010-04-13, 9:43

Tak :-)

That "man" - I just wrote it as an example. Sure, I will write a translation into Slovak (in my exercise book), so I will write the right meaning (basic form of word).

I am learning every day, mostly some new words, less grammar. And still listening to DR, trying to understand some words.

kotrcka

Postby kotrcka » 2010-04-19, 11:35

update: finaly, i found one of the last pieces of danish learnbook in czech language. so the right learning just begins :-)

kotrcka

Postby kotrcka » 2010-08-28, 11:29

Hej alle,
jeg er tilbage. Jeg kan se, at dette forum er meget stille i lang tid.
Sommeren er forbi, så jeg kan lære mere af dansk hver dag - fordi vejret er dårligt.

Har du noget nyt? Noget interessant fra denne sommer?

Jeg var hjemme hele sommeren. Jeg var kun på et par ture på min cykel eller med tog.

Jeg var i Lúčka. Lúčka er en lille landsby. Der er en ruinerne af kirken og vand foråret.

This was written with dictionary help, but I tried to apply grammar by my own. And I really feel, that there are a lot of missing "en", "et" or similar :-)

kotrcka

Postby kotrcka » 2010-08-30, 14:49

Jeg lide computere og linux. Jeg har installeret fedora på min laptop i dag. Fedora er min favorit linux distribution. Min laptop er en HP nx6125. Det er en ældre laptop. Det er 4 år gammel.

Vi har en dag med en regn. Jeg arbejdede med min farmor i haven og vi har alle kartofler op af jorden.

Dette er en min dag :-D

kotrcka

Postby kotrcka » 2010-09-01, 18:40

Jeg vandt.

Vi har en "fair" mobiloperatør. Det er hedder O2. Det operatør er ikke god. O2 er et synonym for en løgner.

O2 stjålet mine penge. Jeg var meget vred. Når jeg er vred, jeg er dårlig. Jeg srev et vred brev og efter 40 dage jeg fik mine penge tilbage.

Hurra !!!

Mulder-21
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Mulder-21 » 2010-10-25, 12:15

Kotrčka, her har du nogle små rettelser til dine forrige beskeder:

Hej alle sammen,
jeg er tilbage. Jeg kan se, at dette forum har været meget stille i lang tid.
Sommeren er forbi, så jeg kan lære mere af dansk hver dag, fordi vejret er dårligt/skidt.

Har I noget nyt? Noget interessant fra denne sommer?

Jeg var hjemme hele sommeren. Jeg var kun [collor=red][/color] et par ture på min cykel eller med tog.

Jeg var i Lúčka. Lúčka er en lille landsby. Der er en ruinerne af en kirken og vand foråret. (Hvad ville du sige her?)

- - -

Jeg kan lide computere og linux. Jeg har installeret fedora på min bærbare (computer) i dag. Fedora er min yndlings linux distribution. Min bærbar er en HP nx6125. Det er en ældre bærbar. Den er 4 år gammel.

Vi har en dag med en regn I dag regner det meget. Jeg arbejdede med min farmor i haven, og vi har [color=red]taget alle kartoflerne op af jorden.

Dette er en min dag :?: (Hvad ville du sige her?)

- - -

Jeg vandt.

Vi har en "fair" mobiloperatør. Den er hedder O2. Den operatør er ikke god. O2 er [color=red]et synonym for en løgner.

O2 stjalet mine penge. Jeg var meget vred. Når jeg er vred, jeg er dårlig. (denne sætning er ikke helt god på dansk). Jeg skrev et vredt brev og efter 40 dage senere fik jeg mine penge tilbage.

Hurra !!!

Men ellers går det meget godt for dig. :) Pekne píšeš po dánsky. ;)
Gløgt er gestsins eyga. (Føroyskt orðafelli)
Wise is the stranger's eye. (Faroese saying)
L'occhio dell'ospite è acuto. (Proverbio faroico)
Hosťovo oko je múdre. (Faerské uslovie)

Fluent: Faroese, Danish, English, German
Almost fluent: Norwegian, Swedish
Basic: Slovak (studying), Spanish
Have studied: Hebrew, Russian
Interests: Ukrainian, Romanian, Italian, Albanian, Armenian, Ossetic, Hungarian, Estonian, Baltic languages

kotrcka

Postby kotrcka » 2010-10-26, 11:51

Thanks. Ďakujem.

"Dette er en min dag :?: (Hvad ville du sige her?)"

It was something like: This is my day.

Mulder-21
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Mulder-21 » 2010-11-02, 0:06

kotrcka wrote:It was something like: This is my day.

Stále si nie som istý, čo chceš povedať. Môžeš to po slovensky napísať?

Jeg er stadig ikke helt sikker på, hvad du vil sige. Kan du sige det på slovakisk?

Og lige et tip: I modsætning til slovakisk, så ikke have demonstrative pronominer eller articler i samme konstruktion sammen med et possessivt pronomin, så du kan ikke sige '(d)en min', mens det er muligt at sige 'ten môj' på slovakisk, ikke sandt? Men det er altså ikke muligt på dansk.

Interests: Ukrainian, Romanian, Italian, Albanian, Armenian, Ossetic, Hungarian, Estonian, Baltic languages

kotrcka

Postby kotrcka » 2010-11-02, 18:50

Myslel som "toto je môj deň", teda v zmysle, že takto nejako vyzerá (vyzeral) môj deň.

Mulder-21
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Mulder-21 » 2010-11-03, 14:28

Jasné, chápem!

Det, du ville sige, var: Dette var så min dag. Det betyder mere eller mindre: Det er det som er sket i dag. :)

kotrcka

Postby kotrcka » 2010-11-04, 9:58

Ďakujem :good4u:

Return to “Danish (Dansk)”