[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Music - UniLang

Music

Tomii515

Music

Postby Tomii515 » 2008-02-10, 23:02

From what I can find, there isn't a lot of Icelandic music, that is in Icleandic.

But, I do like two bands I found, but I don't know where I can download the music to put on my iPod. It doesn't come up on Limewire, so does anyone know??

the 2 band, btw, are:

- Í Svörtum Fötum
- Nylon

Thank you`~~~

-Tommy
 (en-us) (fr) (ja) (ko) (zh)

deardron

Re: Music

Postby deardron » 2008-02-11, 17:02

Try http://www.tonlist.is and choose there an English version. You can buy there Icelandic music in separate tracks.

Sean of the Dead

Postby Sean of the Dead » 2010-01-28, 7:16

Does anyone know of any metal bands of any kind that sing at least partly in Icelandic? Preferably Viking or Folk Metal, like Týr, if anyone knows them. :)
Main focuses: [flag]kw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag]
Sub focus: Plautdietsch
On my own: [flag]is[/flag]

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2010-01-28, 7:40

Old Ashes

Postby Old Ashes » 2011-02-16, 9:21

Sean of the Dead wrote:Does anyone know of any metal bands of any kind that sing at least partly in Icelandic? Preferably Viking or Folk Metal, like Týr, if anyone knows them. :)

Metal from Iceland seems to be scarce, but I found this: http://www.myspace.com/skalmold

The band is a Folk Metal band from Iceland (singing fully in Icelandic as far as I've heard), and I thought they sounded great. They have an album out, Baldur (as you'll read).

Also, nice to see another Týr fan ;)
[flag]us[/flag] [flag]pk[/flag] [flag]pi[/flag]

Vobiscum Satanas

deardron

Postby deardron » 2011-02-20, 0:30

Old Ashes wrote:
Sean of the Dead wrote:Does anyone know of any metal bands of any kind that sing at least partly in Icelandic? Preferably Viking or Folk Metal, like Týr, if anyone knows them. :)

Metal from Iceland seems to be scarce, but I found this: http://www.myspace.com/skalmold

The band is a Folk Metal band from Iceland (singing fully in Icelandic as far as I've heard), and I thought they sounded great. They have an album out, Baldur (as you'll read).

Yesterday there was a program about Skálmöld on the Icelandic TV, the link will be available for a month from now on:

http://dagskra.ruv.is/sjonvarpid/4545040/2011/02/18/2/

eirinn14

Postby eirinn14 » 2011-08-14, 17:36

Don't know much about Icelandic music but if you're looking for somewhere to download it, try www.listentoyoutube.com :) if it's on YouTube, you can just copy and paste the address in and it'll download a sound file of the video for you.

Mulder-21
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Mulder-21 » 2011-08-14, 20:53

Old Ashes wrote:

Týr are not from Iceland. They are from the Faroe Islands. The only Icelandic thing Týr's ever done is the refrain from the song 'Brennivín', which is in Icelandic.

Try Skálmöld.
Gløgt er gestsins eyga. (Føroyskt orðafelli)
Wise is the stranger's eye. (Faroese saying)
L'occhio dell'ospite è acuto. (Proverbio faroico)
Hosťovo oko je múdre. (Faerské uslovie)

Fluent: Faroese, Danish, English, German
Almost fluent: Norwegian, Swedish
Basic: Slovak (studying), Spanish
Have studied: Hebrew, Russian
Interests: Ukrainian, Romanian, Italian, Albanian, Armenian, Ossetic, Hungarian, Estonian, Baltic languages

Old Ashes

Postby Old Ashes » 2012-09-23, 20:42

If you are still looking for Icelandic music, try Bubbi Morthens. Sings in Icelandic only that I can see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLOJY-CQZqQ a fun song :D Unfortunately I can't find the text anymore as the website I used to go to has changed (hard to tell in what way since it's all in Icelandic, but I can see it won't let me see the lyrics anymore!)
[flag]us[/flag] [flag]pk[/flag] [flag]pi[/flag]

Vobiscum Satanas

LittleTree

Postby LittleTree » 2012-10-10, 18:06

Some more Icelandic music:

-Ragnheiður Gröndal
-Voces Thules
-Árstíðir
-Mugison

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2012-10-11, 4:06

Eivør - Dansaðu vindur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTI2SA1HFcE

Icelandic cover of the Swedish song "Den Vilda" by Nanne Grönvall. Eivør is Faroese, but sings in Icelandic too.

Noreviking

Postby Noreviking » 2013-06-23, 20:18

I've fallen in love with Ásgeir Trausti thanks to Roskur! My favourites are the songs Leyndarmál, Dýrð Í Dauðaþögn and Sumargestur. This is laid back pop-ish music that I especially like listening to whenit's cold outside, because it reminds me of warmer summer days. ;)
Learning: [flag]fo[/flag] <3<3<3 and Old Norse
Native:[flag]no[/flag]

Emmie

Postby Emmie » 2013-07-26, 16:13

Sigur Rós. Love them :). They sing in icelandic and some songs are in a fantasy language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbPWi1gshzI

Return to “Icelandic (Íslenska)”