[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
Grammar help - UniLang

Grammar help

Vemusa

Grammar help

Postby Vemusa » 2013-09-25, 13:35

I am going to make a painting of Sigur Rós, and there is one lyric that I really like apart from one word.
The sentence is: "það besta sem guð hefur skapað er nýr dagur"
I wonder if it is grammatically correct to change it to this: "það besta sem Sigur Rós hefur skapað er nýr dagur"?
Cheers for your response!

jani211

Re: Grammar help

Postby jani211 » 2013-11-10, 10:33

I am not a native speaker, but this should be right. If you use "Sigur Rós" as one person (band) the verb stays the same (hefur). If you use it as "they" (because they are more than one) you have to change it to "hafa skapað".

September

Re: Grammar help

Postby September » 2013-12-18, 21:08

jani211 wrote:I am not a native speaker, but this should be right. If you use "Sigur Rós" as one person (band) the verb stays the same (hefur). If you use it as "they" (because they are more than one) you have to change it to "hafa skapað".

You would use the singular here, so "hefur skapað" is correct.
Ek má fullvel lesa danska tungu.  (non)
Learning:  (is) (fo) (fi) Please correct my mistakes!

Return to “Icelandic (Íslenska)”