[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
How to say "My name is..." - UniLang

How to say "My name is..."

benjamino59

How to say "My name is..."

Postby benjamino59 » 2013-04-25, 13:55

I've recently begun learning Korean, and was wondering how to say "My name is..." in both Hangeul and Hanja?

Also, how do I say "I'm 13 years old", "I'm from Denmark" and "I live in Denmark" in both Hangeul and Hanja?

Also, do you think my Korean name should be "뻰짜민" (it's like the English pronounsation), "뻰야민" (it's like the pronounsation in my mother tongue) or should I make up a whole new name?

Last note: I'm learning Jondaetmal first, so I would love it, if you translated the sentences to it!
One language is never enough.

aforl

Re: How to say "My name is..."

Postby aforl » 2013-05-02, 17:54

benjamino59 wrote:I've recently begun learning Korean, and was wondering how to say "My name is..." in both Hangeul and Hanja?

Also, how do I say "I'm 13 years old", "I'm from Denmark" and "I live in Denmark" in both Hangeul and Hanja?

Also, do you think my Korean name should be "뻰짜민" (it's like the English pronounsation), "뻰야민" (it's like the pronounsation in my mother tongue) or should I make up a whole new name?

Last note: I'm learning Jondaetmal first, so I would love it, if you translated the sentences to it!

Benjamin, in English, would be better translated to 벤자민, and from your mother tongue, 벤야민.

My name is Benjamin (using English pronunciation)
제 이름은 벤자민입니다.
Je Ireumeun Benjamin-imnida

I'm 13 years old
저는 열셋 살입니다.
Jeoneun Yeolset sarimnida.

I'm from Denmark.
저는 덴마크에서 왔습니다.
Jeoneun Denmakeu-eseo Wasseoyo.

I live in Denmark.
저는 덴마크에 삽니다.
Jeoneun Denmakeu-e Samnida.

All the above sentences contain no words of sino-Korean origin, so there are no hanja involved at all.
Native:  (en) (zh) (tw)
B1/B2:  (ko)
A1:  (yue.Hant) (ja) (ms)
TAC 2014 (II):  (es) (ko)

Return to “Korean (한국어)”