[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
Recording myself in Hebrew - UniLang

Recording myself in Hebrew

Moderator: Babelfish

Hakan D

Recording myself in Hebrew

Postby Hakan D » 2010-12-29, 21:50

Hello dear all,

I've recently taken on to study modern Hebrew. I started around 20 days ago and have studied approximately 1 hour each day since then. I made a recording of myself speaking a bit about myself and how I got interested in languages. You could hear it at the link below:

http://www.archive.org/details/ModernHebrew1Beginner

Any helps, tips, corrections in grammar, rephrasing of a sentence and comments on my accent in Hebrew are well-appreciated.

Siegel

Re: Recording myself in Hebrew

Postby Siegel » 2011-01-01, 10:11

i am truly impressed, your recording is very very good. your pronunciation is quite precise and i think that with time you might lose your accent alltogether. so here are some corrections of mostly slightly wrong pronunciation and stress in words, but your entire recording was very comprehensible and made a lot of sense.

i will capitalize the vowels that are stressed in words.

00:08- you said “asit” for “i did” but it should be “asIti”
00:14- “sech hakol” should be pronounced “sach hakol”
00:36- etzemi (myself) =atzmI
00:44- safa ha'acherot- safa is the singular, the plural for “languages” is “safot”, so “safot acherot”
00:51- turkIya=turkYA, we stress the last syllable
00:56- nodalti=nolAdeti
01:02- hArbe= harbE
01:10- hayanu (we were) =haYInu- another word :“veled” for “child” is actually “yEled”
01:18- germani(germany)/=germanYA
01:22- we met in the summers- nifgAshnu bakaYItz/ we dont really use the plural here, “lechen” is pronounced lachEn (therefore)
01:39 arabit=aravit
01:47- me'az hayiti veled=me'az she'hayiti yeled
01:49- islandI=Island (pronounced as in icelandic)
01:52- avrAti (moved)= avArti
01:55- asAr shanim (ten years)=Eser shanim
02:02- sentence: siyamti et limuDAY be'handaSAT mechonot (instead of limudI/handEsEt)
02:24- rikod (dance)= rikUd

overall- amazing job! and if this was all off the top of your head, i think you will definitely be quite fluent after 200 hours!!! very impressive, good luck.
^^lol^^

csjc

Postby csjc » 2011-01-03, 12:32

I agree with Siegel. Keep it up and you'll be speaking with a perfectly native accent. A lot of Hebrew learners tend to slip up with their vowels, making them a lot less 'clear' than they should be in Hebrew. I don't know if it's because your native language is Turkish, but your vowels sound perfectly Israeli and I find that pretty impressive. Your intonation is a little off sometimes but otherwise I'd guess you were Eastern European (something about a couple of your consonants) and had been living in Israel for some time. Your grammar is damn good, too.
[flag]en-ca[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]is[/flag]
[flag]nl[/flag] [flag]fi[/flag] [flag]sv[/flag] [flag]fr[/flag] [flag]de[/flag] [flag]la[/flag]

Babelfish
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Babelfish » 2011-01-07, 14:40

Siegel wrote:00:51- turkIya=turkYA, we stress the last syllable
01:18- germani(germany)/=germanYA

Shouldn't it be TURkiya and gerMANya in these cases?

Siegel

Postby Siegel » 2011-01-08, 8:31

oh yes babelfish, thanks for the correction. sometimes i dont think enough about that. (translating my stress into written word).
^^lol^^

Return to “Hebrew (עברית)”