[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
Quick help needed :) - UniLang

Quick help needed :)

Moderator: Babelfish

seb3dge

Quick help needed :)

Postby seb3dge » 2011-04-26, 11:59

Hello,

I'm currently preparing a gift for a friend of mine who recently found out to be of Jewish descent. I tried to "translate" her name and it turns out it's Elisheva.

What I need is someone to check the attached image, which supposedly reads Elisheva written in Hebrew, before I do a terrible mistake. Hopefully, it's OK :)

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,

Sebastian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BezierCurve

Re: Quick help needed :)

Postby BezierCurve » 2011-04-26, 12:23

Hi!

I'm not a natve speaker but that's how the name is spelled indeed. It can be also written without the dot over Shin (אלישבע).
Brejkam wszystkie rule.

"I love tautologies, they're so ... tautological." Hunef

seb3dge

Postby seb3dge » 2011-04-26, 14:19

Thanks! :)

Svet

Postby Svet » 2011-04-27, 19:42

Better translate it with the dot, because otherwise it could be translated with "s" instead of "sh".
Native: Image
Advanced by birth: Image
Fluent: Image Image
Passionate & learning: Image Image

Babelfish
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Babelfish » 2011-04-29, 13:41

Actually I'd pass on the dot over shin; just like the vocalization marks (which also don't appear here), it is almost only used in children books, the Bible and related texts, or in unfamiliar words. אלישבע is familiar enough not to need it :)

Return to “Hebrew (עברית)”