[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
Recommendations for books (novels or nonfiction) in Hebrew - UniLang

Recommendations for books (novels or nonfiction) in Hebrew

Moderator: Babelfish

AlanF_US

Recommendations for books (novels or nonfiction) in Hebrew

Postby AlanF_US » 2014-09-16, 23:11

I'm a non-native, but have spent a lot of time studying Hebrew. I'm looking for recommendations of books that fit these criteria:

- original version written in Hebrew (that is, the book is not a translation)
- written for native speakers who are 12 years old or older (though a good book for, say, 10-year-olds might be okay)
- read by a substantial number of Israelis (either because they're required in middle or high school, or because they're books that people would read on their own)
- not too hard for someone who is not a native speaker (for instance, no stream-of-consciousness style, or omission of punctuation, or long passages in dialect)

Naturally books that are both worthwhile and enjoyable to read would be best. Another plus would be for them to have been filmed as TV shows or (even better) movies that I might be able to track down and watch.

Thanks!

Return to “Hebrew (עברית)”