[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
Would appreciate a fact-check of an engraving on a bracelet? - UniLang

Would appreciate a fact-check of an engraving on a bracelet?

Moderator: Babelfish

saekal

Would appreciate a fact-check of an engraving on a bracelet?

Postby saekal » 2015-03-16, 3:02

Hello! I'm just getting started learning Hebrew, and a friend reached out to me to fact-check a set of bracelets she wanted to purchase for herself and her brother to make sure they said what she thought they said.

male to female - אל-אשר תלכי אלך
female to male - אל-אשר תלך אלך

It's supposed to say something along the lines of "Where you go, I will go." Also, how would the engraving look for the same thing to be from a female to a female? (She wants to get one also for her sister, so the three of them will each have one, and the manufacturer doesn't offer a female to female version, so she will have to provide the text herself.)

Thank you so much in advance!

Mikey93

Re: Would appreciate a fact-check of an engraving on a bracelet?

Postby Mikey93 » 2015-03-16, 13:09

Hi! It is a well-known quote from the book of Ruth, if you haven't come across it yet. Anyway, she will get by with those two quotes, because Hebrew does not differentiate between male and female in first person (past&future). Therefore, the first is male/female to female and the second male/female to male.
Native:  (sk)  (cs)
Advanced (C1):  (us)
Intermediate(B1): (fr)
Level Bet:  (he)

Return to “Hebrew (עברית)”