[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
Writing Discussion Thread - Page 3 - UniLang

Writing Discussion Thread

A place for everyone to have discussions about literature, classical and contemporary.

Moderators: Car, Luís, Johanna, Aurinĭa, Yserenhart, kibo, Global Moderators

Prowler

Re: Writing Discussion Thread

Postby Prowler » 2014-02-16, 22:13

I've written a few stories when I was a kid. Mostly involving my favorite characters form my favorite video games and cartoons. Later I found out that I was writing something called "fan fiction" all along.

They were mostly funny stories of my favorite characters doing stupid stuff and cracking jokes, anyway. Nothing big.
Fluent: (en) Intermediate:  (de) Wants to learn:  (nl) (fr) (ja) (no)

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-11-24, 4:37

I love writing! If I didn't have plans to become an archaeologist or more faith in my work I would totally become an author. I'm no fan of writing poetry, but I wouldn't mind attempting epic :hmm: . The Iliad and Odyssey are why I would do epics over something like poetry. Rhyming isn't my thing. I usually write fantasy. Anything that requires me to stick to Earth's rules, but isn't sic-fi , I cannot do. It just doesn't work. My ideas are more than often original, but some are a mix of various novels I've read. My stories often end up being short stories or at least more than five chapters. This because I either give up, grow tired of the plot, or just can't think of any more so I finish it up. In grade seven, I wrote a story called Salécron that was two and some exercise books long. The story was good, but I didn't develop it as well as I would now. Perhaps I should return and touch it up.

Through text, me and my friend wrote (well, "typed") an extremely good, impromptu short story. The next day we continued it. I wish I saved it!! I tried to get all of it on paper but something happened to a lot of the beginning so I couldn't even begin :( I can't even remember 80% of it that's important. It was fantasy of course ^^ .

I think that sometimes English is my favourite subject, because I get to write. I like this year's class especially because our teacher has these things called "writer's workshop" on Fridays. They're prompts given to us to prepare us for provincial's, but they're much fun 'cause they have to be narratives.
Last edited by Koko on 2014-11-24, 4:44, edited 1 time in total.
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

Koko

Postby Koko » 2014-11-24, 4:40

Заря wrote:Oh god, I've always wanted to write something. I made numerous attempts and every single one of them failed. My scheme: 1. I have great idea 2. I usually write for 2 weeks 3. I read it and think about it 4. I think it's awful and not so great I thought it would be 5. I throw it away 6. Artistic part of me is depressed until new great idea occures.

Story of my life! I feel you breh!
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

Lada
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Lada » 2014-11-26, 18:21

There are some changes in my "writing career":

Lada wrote:- What do you write? Prose or poetry? Novels or short stories?
I write prose and tried different types of it: novel (not finished yet), short stories, miniatures (one page story) and even faity-tail.

I finished that novel and started a new one. However I'm not satisfied with my first attempt, second one is much better, people like it. Also I started to write articles about writing.
- Have you ever published anything or had success in other ways (performances, contests)?
Does Internet count? I published my works on several sites and as it always happens got opposite reviews, though fairy-tail was favored by the majority of readers. And I've never taken part in any contests.

My stories will be published in a short stories collection book. The book will have ISBN, so it's official publication. There will be even book presentation.
- What is your ambition? Do you write just for fun or do you want to publish something and become a famous writer?
My ambition is to finish my novel :mrgreen:

My ambition is to publish my second novel :ohwell:

Return to “Literature”