[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Got EARS? Prick 'em UP! (Listening) - Page 2 - UniLang

Got EARS? Prick 'em UP! (Listening)

Moderators: Lada, voron

Axystos

Postby Axystos » 2007-06-27, 20:57

fireyez wrote:@Axystos
actually, considering the fact that I've been neglecting my Russian greatly.

Didn’t really get whether you were being sorry by saying you’d been neglecting your Russian or whether you were angling for a compliment I mean like *hey ive been neglecting it n still I got 60 percent, I'm so smart, yay!* :lol: good job in either case. 8)

Both, maybe. I don't know. :)

I'll test the downloadable file later this week.
Native: Nederlands; C2: Deutsch; C1: English;
B1: русский, français, 日本語;
A2: norsk, svenska; A1: português, italiano, español, čeština, polski

dorenda

Postby dorenda » 2007-06-28, 13:55

fireyez wrote:yeah herring, but still you cook it somehow, right? I mean it’s not like you bring it from the supermarket and start biting it while watching TV?
No, it's not cooked, and it also shouln't have gone of. They catch them, take out what's inside, except the pancreas, put them in salt and leave them there for a day or so. And after that you can eat them, just like that.

fireyez wrote:Hmm now that’s weird cuz I definitely remember reading in some book that dutch ppl wash their windows every day, that’s why that seemed so weird to me. :?
But just that it's written in a book doesn't necessarily mean it's true. ;)

fireyez wrote:Oh c’mon, they don’t really need a lot of light – my canabie plant hardly gets the half of all the necessary light n still it grows alright. Here have a look, does it differ a lot from the dutch ones?
Well, I don't really know much about cannabis, I haven't even ever seen it in real. I just know that here they sometimes find people who grow lots of those plants because of their extremely high energy bills because of the light.

fireyez wrote:You must have seen three quarters of immigrants then cuz all dutch ppl I ever met were blond or dirty blond. Looks like the dutch are in the minority in Netherlands :lol: *kidding*
Maybe it's just that blond people like travelling more, and that's why you've only seen blond people. ;) By the way, if I remember correctly, Axystos isn't blond. And neither is Ron. So you see, not all Dutch are blond. :P
нехай мій гаманець порожній
моя дорога невідома
я стану вільним, подорожнім
найголовніше вийти з дому

fireyez

Postby fireyez » 2007-06-28, 19:05

@Axystos
Both, maybe. I don't know.

Guess I gotta come up with an extremely difficult test next time to make you feel miserable. :evil: :lol:

@dorenda
No, it's not cooked, and it also shouln't have gone of. They catch them, take out what's inside, except the pancreas, put them in salt and leave them there for a day or so. And after that you can eat them, just like that.

Oh so it’s salted :( , well it’s not raw then :nope: cuz if you call salted fish raw, then Russians n Ukrainians eat raw pork :yep:
Well, I don't really know much about cannabis, I haven't even ever seen it in real. I just know that here they sometimes find people who grow lots of those plants because of their extremely high energy bills because of the light.

Hmmmm n I thought it was legal to plant that kinda plants in Holland. Dammn it, knowing that, Holland doesn’t seem like a pipe dream country any more. :(
Maybe it's just that blond people like travelling more, and that's why you've only seen blond people. By the way, if I remember correctly, Axystos isn't blond. And neither is Ron. So you see, not all Dutch are blond.

Who’s Ron? :?:
Ok, so you busted almost all of my Dutch myths :evil: , and I'm planning having a little heart attack if you tell me that all those Dutch tulips n mills are also nothing but a myth. :evil:

dorenda

Postby dorenda » 2007-06-29, 21:30

fireyez wrote:Who’s Ron? :?:
Another Dutch Unilanger.

fireyez wrote:Ok, so you busted almost all of my Dutch myths :evil: , and I'm planning having a little heart attack if you tell me that all those Dutch tulips n mills are also nothing but a myth. :evil:
Well, it depends a bit on what exactly you believe about Dutch tulips and mills, whether it's a myth or not. But at least there is some truth in it. Don't you hold any stereotypes about cheese and wooden shoes, by the way? :)
моя дорога невідома

fireyez

Postby fireyez » 2007-07-05, 19:49

dorenda wrote:
fireyez wrote:Who’s Ron? :?:
Another Dutch Unilanger.

oh, this kind of Ron. i thought you were talking about some Dutch political guy, or VIP. :lol:

Well, it depends a bit on what exactly you believe about Dutch tulips and mills, whether it's a myth or not. But at least there is some truth in it. Don't you hold any stereotypes about cheese and wooden shoes, by the way? :)

well all i know is that you eat tulips instead of onions but you eat onions too. and mills - well... you have them... alot of them... this whole lot bunch of them... everywhere :lol:

oh yeah, of course cheese :yep: here in russia we call any cheese "голландский сыр" - no matter it is produced in russia, holland or some other country - it's still голландский сыр (at least in colloquial speech)

oh n wooden shoes :lol: you ever tried wearing them? must be comfy :lol:

hey, so how's your nuber-crunching going? :lol: care for another extremely difficult test, eh? :wink:

dorenda

Postby dorenda » 2007-07-06, 21:12

fireyez wrote:well all i know is that you eat tulips instead of onions but you eat onions too.
Well, that fortunately only happened in the winter of '44/'45 (but maybe they didn't have onions).

fireyez wrote:and mills - well... you have them... alot of them... this whole lot bunch of them... everywhere :lol:
Today I was traveling by train and I saw 3 in a row and another one a bit further and I thought, maybe the stereotype is true after all. But there are not in any way as much as there used to be before there was electricity...

fireyez wrote:oh yeah, of course cheese :yep: here in russia we call any cheese "голландский сыр" - no matter it is produced in russia, holland or some other country - it's still голландский сыр (at least in colloquial speech)
That's funny. In Ukraine they have голландський and російський cheese but I didn't taste much of a difference. But it didn't taste like our cheese. :)

fireyez wrote:oh n wooden shoes :lol: you ever tried wearing them? must be comfy :lol:
Ever tried wearing them??? I walk on them almost daily! :P Not very far, though, usually just in the garden, and I think I am an exception cause most people don't wear them often or not at all. And yes, I think they're pretty comfortable. But I do need to wear thick socks or so in them, otherwise they're too hard.

fireyez wrote:hey, so how's your nuber-crunching going? :lol: care for another extremely difficult test, eh? :wink:
If you feel like making an extremely difficult test, I'll be glad to take it. I like tests. But I haven't been working on the numbers lately.
моя дорога невідома

Oleksij

Postby Oleksij » 2007-07-06, 22:05

Fireyez wrote:raw cut up onions go good with salo, you’ve been to Ukraine, so you know what it is
:hmm: You Russians eat way too much raw onions as for my taste. :lol: :wink: And eating salo with it, yuk... :vomit: use some mustard instead. :wink:
Moja ulica murem podzielona - świeci neonami prawa strona, lewa strona cała wygaszona, zza zasłony obserwuję obie strony.
My Youtube Channel
Last.fm

fireyez

Postby fireyez » 2007-07-25, 14:28

Hi, Dorenda! How’s it going? :wink: Listen I really am so sorry I mean dammmn I promised to put up an extremely different test for you n then just whoops I got totally lost n didn’t show up like all this time. Sorry about that. Work’s been real crazy lately. Now that im a free guy, I hope I’ll be able to finish n upload that test either tonight or tomorrow morning. Soz one more time. :(

That's funny. In Ukraine they have голландський and російський cheese but I didn't taste much of a difference. But it didn't taste like our cheese.

I dunno, Im not really big on cheese, well I mean I eat it but that’s not something I can’t live without. Well n im not really good at telling different kinds of cheese apart. Well I don’t even know which cheese we buy here, I just checked the fridge and n the cheese said it was produced in Ukraine nd yeah it’s called “Русский».

I walk on them almost daily! Not very far, though, usually just in the garden, and I think I am an exception cause most people don't wear them often or not at all. And yes, I think they're pretty comfortable. But I do need to wear thick socks or so in them, otherwise they're too hard.

You do? :shock: :shock: :shock: Can one walk normally wearing them, cuz well I don’t know, whenever I hear about wooden shoes there’s always that picture popping up in my head where Chinese or Japanese women set the table wearing those wooden shoes. They don’t really seem that comfy to walk in. :?

@Oleksij
you Russians eat way too much raw onions as for my taste. And eating salo with it, yuk... use some mustard instead.

OMGOSHNESS!!! Ukrainian salo-hater! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since when Ukrainians started to be ashamed of their the most popular food?

well now that was a surprise i mean your comment cuz salo n raw onions always make ppl think of Ukraine here. Personally I eat this kind of food only in Ukraine. Do in Rome like Romans do :wink: :lol:

dorenda

Postby dorenda » 2007-07-25, 22:12

fireyez wrote:Hi, Dorenda! How’s it going? :wink:
Very well. :)

fireyez wrote:Listen I really am so sorry I mean dammmn I promised to put up an extremely different test for you n then just whoops I got totally lost n didn’t show up like all this time. Sorry about that. Work’s been real crazy lately. Now that im a free guy, I hope I’ll be able to finish n upload that test either tonight or tomorrow morning. Soz one more time. :(
And I thought you had gone on vacation... :) Well, you didn't really promise anything, you only asked if I cared for another test, so no need to be sorry at all. :D

fireyez wrote:You do? :shock: :shock: :shock: Can one walk normally wearing them, cuz well I don’t know, whenever I hear about wooden shoes there’s always that picture popping up in my head where Chinese or Japanese women set the table wearing those wooden shoes. They don’t really seem that comfy to walk in. :?
Yes I do! :D And you can walk absolutely normally in them, even running is no problem. Well, if you're a bit used to them, of course, if it's the first time you might lose them when you run. I don't know how comfortable the Chinese or Japanese wooden shoes are, but if they're not comfortable, that doesn't mean anything, cause ours are totally different.

моя дорога невідома

fireyez

Postby fireyez » 2007-07-26, 18:31

And I thought you had gone on vacation...

I wish I had… :( I don’t even know exactly when I’ll have vacation, hope n pray that happens before it starts snowing here just so I’ll be able to catch some sunrays. 8) And I bet you’re already on vacations, right? Btw you never told me if you’re still studying or working or both or neither this nor that. :ohwell:

Yes I do! And you can walk absolutely normally in them, even running is no problem. Well, if you're a bit used to them, of course, if it's the first time you might lose them when you run. I don't know how comfortable the Chinese or Japanese wooden shoes are, but if they're not comfortable, that doesn't mean anything, cause ours are totally different.

Whoa! :shock: They look like they’re plastic or something, and hey that person on the pic’s wearing them shoes without socks. :lol:
Lol yeah I guess there’s no way running in Japanese shoes. I just googled abit n it appears that they’re called Geta n look like this.
well they look like Chinese slippers but the heels :shock: :shock: :shock: Beats me why they wanted to make them like that. :?

Btw them wooden shoes on the pic seem kind of fragile. How long can you wear them? I mean can they last at least a coupla months?

ok, now the test. Well I guess it’s way too difficult. I guess some of the questions will be pretty hard even for the native speakers. Ok, here’s the link.

Russian Numbers Test

http://fireyez.unilang.org/russian_forum/tests/test.exe

as usual im not sure it’s gonna work, cuz as usual im obsessed with the idea of making the DOWNLOADABLE tests, which means that I have to compile n compress the html pages n other stuff, that’s why I can never tell if it’s going to work on this or that computer. Anyways as usual it works on mine n I hope it does on yours cuz I did my best to make the compiling as simple as possible.

Good Luck!

feel free to post your grrrrrr feedback if it doesn't work :wink:

Oleksij

Postby Oleksij » 2007-07-27, 10:16

fireyez wrote:OMGOSHNESS!!! Ukrainian salo-hater!

Since when Ukrainians started to be ashamed of their the most popular food?

well now that was a surprise i mean your comment cuz salo n raw onions always make ppl think of Ukraine here. Personally I eat this kind of food only in Ukraine. Do in Rome like Romans do

Not at all in reality- I like salo a lot, just can't imagine eating it with onions. :lol: I usually eat it with Ukrainian brown bread and mustard.
Moja ulica murem podzielona - świeci neonami prawa strona, lewa strona cała wygaszona, zza zasłony obserwuję obie strony.
My Youtube Channel
Last.fm

fireyez

Postby fireyez » 2007-07-27, 15:10

Oleksij wrote:Not at all in reality- I like salo a lot, just can't imagine eating it with onions. :lol: I usually eat it with Ukrainian brown bread and mustard.

must be real hard getting real Ukrainian brown bread in Ireland :roll:

Anyways, you must have been too long abroad. :lol: Ukrainians don't eat salo with mustard. Salo in chocolate is all the rage now

yeah i know those are candies, but i hear they really serve real salo in chocolate in some restaurants in Lvov :shock:

dorenda

Postby dorenda » 2007-07-27, 22:44

fireyez wrote:I wish I had… :( I don’t even know exactly when I’ll have vacation, hope n pray that happens before it starts snowing here just so I’ll be able to catch some sunrays. 8) And I bet you’re already on vacations, right? Btw you never told me if you’re still studying or working or both or neither this nor that. :ohwell:
If you'd take a look at my profile here at the forum, you'd see I'm still a student. :P One more year to go.
And yes, I've had vacation for a couple of weeks already, and next Wednesday I'm leaving for 3,5 weeks. :) Did I make you jealous now? 8)

fireyez wrote:Whoa! :shock: They look like they’re plastic or something
It's not plastic, they're just painted.

fireyez wrote:Beats me why they wanted to make them like that. :?
Yeah... but there are lots of clothes here too that make me wonder the same. ;) I guess they must find them beautiful.

fireyez wrote:Btw them wooden shoes on the pic seem kind of fragile. How long can you wear them? I mean can they last at least a coupla months?
I've had mine for I don't remember how many years. I think at least 8 or so. :) But I don't walk on them very much (I walk on them often, but never far), so that doesn't mean anything. I think if you walk on them a lot, you can wear them for quite a number of months, maybe even more than a year, I don't really know. At least long enough for children to grow out of them before they are worn out.

fireyez wrote:ok, now the test. Well I guess it’s way too difficult. I guess some of the questions will be pretty hard even for the native speakers. Ok, here’s the link.
Cool, thanks! I answered half of the question right the first time. 8) Not too bad, eh? But there were also a couple that I had absolutely no clue about, so it was very educative.

So what does this sentence mean? (esp. the second part) "Экзаменов страшится любой, будь он семи пядей во лбу."

"Он дал подарки пятерым девочкам."

Somehow I remember something about this kind of numerals (I forgot how they are called) that you can only use them for males or mixed groups, but not for all-female groups. Did I mix up this rule with something else?

"Ее поймали на в троллейбусе ..." Probably just в or на?

"Этот магазин в ____________ (0,5 час) хотьбы отсюда." Ходьбы?? :P
моя дорога невідома

fireyez

Postby fireyez » 2007-07-28, 14:00

If you'd take a look at my profile here at the forum, you'd see I'm still a student. One more year to go.
And yes, I've had vacation for a couple of weeks already, and next Wednesday I'm leaving for 3,5 weeks. Did I make you jealous now?

I did. But most ppl rarely update their profiles, so I thought you might have already graduated by this time. Jealous??? :huh: Meee??? :huh: No way! :lol: Being a student again whould be the worst thing that could happen to me. :lol: I hate school. :evil: Hmmm 3.5 weeks seems like a short vacation :? , where are you going? Oh n what have you been studying btw?

've had mine for I don't remember how many years. I think at least 8 or so. But I don't walk on them very much (I walk on them often, but never far), so that doesn't mean anything. I think if you walk on them a lot, you can wear them for quite a number of months, maybe even more than a year, I don't really know. At least long enough for children to grow out of them before they are worn out.

Well I guess we also have sort of traditional Russian wooden shoes – LAPTI :roll: , but I guess they were worn about two centuries ago. They don’t look nice like dutch ones, that’s probably no one would dare to wear a thing like that now. :lol:

Im really sorry Russian women don’t wear traditional female hats any more – kokoshniki, that would be a good laugh. 8)

Here’s the link of the short youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4GX2yki0yg

That’s the trailer from the oooooold soviet fairy-tale movie “MOROZKO”. Ive been watching this movie every New Year since I can remember myself, sort of a New Year tradition. You’ll see girls wearing kokoshniki, oh n watch one of the girls dancing, that always makes me laugh big time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Btw the song in that video is not in Russian that’s why don’t bother to understand anything cuz I couln’t understand anything myself. It’s in Czeck. It appears that this soviet movie is still popular in Check Republic. :shock:

Ive been always wondering how the russian ranguage sounds to foreigners, so having watched this video,I guess I know it now. :lol: I mean Czec is a Slavic language and I actually didn’t hear any foreign sounds in that song, but I couldn’t understand the words anyway. So I guess Russian sounds to foreigners just as much as that song sounded to me. OMGAWWWD :shock: :shock: :shock: it sounds real ugly. :x :x :x

Anyway watch it, it’s a bit dumb, but girls in kokoshnikis are funny, oh and there’s also my favorite Baba Yaga doing some dancing. 8)

TEST
I answered half of the question right the first time. Not too bad, eh?

WAY TO GO! :congrats: Now that was pretty far from not too bad. That was real good score cuz like I said those qq were pretty difficult even for native speakers.

So what does this sentence mean? (esp. the second part) "Экзаменов страшится любой, будь он семи пядей во лбу."

That’s an idiom. Быть семи пядей во лбу (to be of seven *pyads* in the forehead) Пядь – that’s an ancient measure which equals eproximately to the length between the thumb and the index finger (when they are outstretched). Ppl believed that the bigger the forehead the person has, the smarter that person is. :roll: In other words this idiom means “to be as sharp as a tack”, or to be very smart. So the whole sentence reads like “any person is afraid of the exams, no matter how smart that person is”

"Он дал подарки пятерым девочкам."
Somehow I remember something about this kind of numerals (I forgot how they are called) that you can only use them for males or mixed groups, but not for all-female groups. Did I mix up this rule with something else?

As far as I can remember they’re called collective numerals, hope this link will help you

http://www.evartist.narod.ru/text1/59.htm

(see paragraph §167. Употребление собирательных числительных)

"Ее поймали на в троллейбусе ..." Probably just в or на?

"Этот магазин в ____________ (0,5 час) хотьбы отсюда." Ходьбы??

Oh my…… :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That’s one of those moments when I wouldn’t mind being able to evaporate on the spot and get rid of the shame. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well it’s definitely “Ее поймали в троллейбусе”

And хотьбы :lol:
I guess I should start making spelling tests for myself. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Oleksij

Postby Oleksij » 2007-07-28, 16:22

must be real hard getting real Ukrainian brown bread in Ireland

:nope: Easy like one-two-three...

My Youtube Channel
Last.fm

cyberstranger

Postby cyberstranger » 2007-07-28, 17:01

Вы оба прикалываетесь или что? Ходьба правильный вариант. См. здесь :yep:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former (Albert Einstein)

Nimue

Postby Nimue » 2007-07-28, 18:57

Hello everyone!

I just took all those test and I must tell that I really have a lot of fun with it and I'm counting that you won't stop making new ones:]

I especially liked those ones from films, Agent Xxx and Harry Potter. And in this first one the sentences were really fun, my favourite one was 16th:) Can you tell were did you get them from?

I had some problem with this first test, because firefox didn't want to cooperate, but I just used IE and everything was O.K :)

Oleksij wrote:
must be real hard getting real Ukrainian brown bread in Ireland

:nope: Easy like one-two-three...

:D Thanks to Polish emigrants;)

cyberstranger

Postby cyberstranger » 2007-07-29, 11:20

"будь он семи пядей во лбу" ~ "be he a Solomon". See here :yep:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former (Albert Einstein)

dorenda

Postby dorenda » 2007-07-29, 19:13

fireyez wrote:Jealous??? :huh: Meee??? :huh: No way! :lol: Being a student again whould be the worst thing that could happen to me. :lol: I hate school. :evil: Hmmm 3.5 weeks seems like a short vacation :? , where are you going? Oh n what have you been studying btw?
No, not jealous of being a student, but of having vacation, because you said you wished you had gone on vacation already!
I'm free from university for 9 weeks or so, but I'll be travelling for 3,5. Is that short to you? Here it's rather long. I'm going to the Czech Republik first, than to Poland and on the way home a few days Germany. Visiting friends and soon-to-be family (I'll be at my brother's wedding in Germany).
And about what I'm studying... I still haven't found a word for it in English or any other language for that matter (except maybe German) that really means the same as it does in Dutch. Anyway, it has to do with raising kids, their development, psychological problems, physical and other disabilities, and with how to handle all these kinds of problems that children, parents, teachers and others who bring up children may have and how to prevent these problems. And the science of all that.

fireyez wrote:Well I guess we also have sort of traditional Russian wooden shoes – LAPTI :roll: , but I guess they were worn about two centuries ago. They don’t look nice like dutch ones, that’s probably no one would dare to wear a thing like that now. :lol:
Hey, I've seen those at souvenir markets in Ukraine, too! :D

fireyez wrote:That’s the trailer from the oooooold soviet fairy-tale movie “MOROZKO”. Ive been watching this movie every New Year since I can remember myself, sort of a New Year tradition.
So my teacher really was wrong. :lol: She insisted all the time that everyone watches "Ирония судьбы или с лёгким паром" every New Year.
моя дорога невідома

fireyez

Postby fireyez » 2007-08-02, 17:11

@Oleksij

Easy like one-two-three...

I must be a very attentive guy, otherwise I wouldn’t of noticed that it’s a Polish shop. :ohwell: I heard lots of Ukrainian southerners complaining how awful bread even in other parts of Ukraine is, so I doubt your buying the authentic Ukrainian bread in that shop. :roll:

@cyberstranger
Вы оба прикалываетесь или что? Ходьба правильный вариант.

Да нет, все четко – я просто повторил неправильный вариант и смайлеги после него поставил. Надо же было так лажануться :lol:

Хотя бывают ляпсусы и покруче – Переводчика на мыло!

@Nimue

Hello everyone!

I just took all those test and I must tell that I really have a lot of fun with it and I'm counting that you won't stop making new ones:]

I especially liked those ones from films, Agent Xxx and Harry Potter. And in this first one the sentences were really fun, my favourite one was 16th:) Can you tell were did you get them from?

I had some problem with this first test, because firefox didn't want to cooperate, but I just used IE and everything was O.K

Hi n Welcome! :wave:

Ive been kind of short of time lately, but if ppl are interested I guess we could keep crunching out this kind of exercises. Everyone’s free to post exercise requests here, just so I know ppl use them.
Can you tell were did you get them from?

If I remember that right, I cut out the sound files from an old movie called Dogma or something.

Yeah some browsers are not friendly with this stuff. Anyways im trying to fix the bugs. Guess the last numbers’ test could be view with no probs.

@dorenda

No, not jealous of being a student, but of having vacation, because you said you wished you had gone on vacation already!

Yeah but having your kind of vacation would mean that I would have to have been studying the whole year before I could have it, right? Naaaa…Too much effort for a few weeks of freedom. :lol: I’d rather be slaving at my plant acoupla years in a row without any vacation at all than get back to school where they school you and make you learn things… :evil: that’s just terrible.. :evil:
I'm free from university for 9 weeks or so, but I'll be travelling for 3,5. Is that short to you? Here it's rather long. I'm going to the Czech Republik first, than to Poland and on the way home a few days Germany. Visiting friends and soon-to-be family (I'll be at my brother's wedding in Germany).

No, 9 weeks sounds ok, guess russian students also have this long vacation. Are you goning alone or there’s gonna be a bunch of relatives watching every step you make or every cigarette drag you inhale?

Oh n my best wishes to the soon wedded couple! :D

And about what I'm studying... I still haven't found a word for it in English or any other language for that matter (except maybe German) that really means the same as it does in Dutch. Anyway, it has to do with raising kids, their development, psychological problems, physical and other disabilities, and with how to handle all these kinds of problems that children, parents, teachers and others who bring up children may have and how to prevent these problems. And the science of all that.

That definitely should be a hell of a long word. :shock: :shock: :shock: How does it sound in Dutch? Erm I still don’t really get where you’re going to be working after you graduate, I mean in school or in hospital, or this is going to be sort of childern’s phsycology practice in health centers or run privately. Kind of complicated. But I still can’t figure out why on earth you had to go to Ukraine n study Ukrainian if your future carreer doesn’t really have anything to do with languages. You dutch ppl are so unpractical.. :ohwell:

So my teacher really was wrong. She insisted all the time that everyone watches "Ирония судьбы или с лёгким паром" every New Year.

No-no... she was right. that movie's on every new year on all tv channels. but that's adult tradition.
kids and me watch "MOROZKO" 8)

Ok, have a good trip :wink: and just in case you have time just drop us a line and tell us how terrible and disgusting that german food is.

Return to “Russian (Русский)”