[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
Why are you learning Russian? - Page 2 - UniLang

Why are you learning Russian?

Moderators: Lada, voron

What is the main reason that made you learn russian?

I'm of Russian Origin
7%
I am in relationship with a Russian speaker
No votes
For my Russian friends
5%
For travelling
15%
I want to marry Mother Russia(in other words, I love the culture)
17%
As a lingгa-frаnca in slavic/former USSR countries
22%
I'm learning languages for fun, and cyrillic is cool
24%
Other(please explain)
10%

Total votes: 41

linguoboy

Re: Why are you learning Russian?

Postby linguoboy » 2015-03-12, 19:35

Nukalurk wrote:Many former SU countries are rushing to join the NATO
Can you name six?
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Lietmotiv

Re: Why are you learning Russian?

Postby Lietmotiv » 2015-03-12, 20:59

Nukalurk wrote:It’s surely still useful in other countries like Kazakhstan.

Many former SU countries are rushing to join the NATO, and their new master promotes the usage of English, of course.

Russian is useful in all ex-Soviet states, for instance in Kazakhstan it's the first spoken language, Kazakh being the 2nd. I was reffering to the Slavic-speaking countries, in which Russian is not useful (except for Ukraine and Belarus).

I guess NATO has nothing to do with languages. Russian is still present in most of the ex-Soviet States, you can hear it everywhere on the streets, television, newspapers and so on.

Return to “Russian (Русский)”