[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
Czech discussion group - Page 16 - UniLang

Czech discussion group

Moderator: Riks

Koko

Re: Czech discussion group

Postby Koko » 2015-02-10, 23:23

Oh! I hadn't seen your side-box thing (where an avatar is shown with your nick and pkace of residency) :P .
 (it) Correggimi per favore (se lo sbaglio è grave, sennò non correggermi perché potrei correggermelo da solo)  (bg) Българският не е руски  (cs) Jsem krásný jazyk. :D ^^

Linguist108

Postby Linguist108 » 2015-02-19, 12:24

Ashrak wrote:It must have been funny now for my roommates, but I tried but puntík and puňtík does sound kinda same to me (the same with pInďa and Piňďa), but that may only be my bad pronunciation :-D

Hi guys, I' m happy to help. 8-)

It's not the same pronunciation in Czech. The ď /ɟ/ following n has no effect on pronunciation of it...

Pinďa and piňďa are different words, of course if piňďa existed :lol:. Pinďa does exist.
native:  (cs)|fluent, near native:  (en-uk)|fully understanding, don't speak much:  (sk) | can understand, can't speak much:  (ru-ru)|intermediate:  (de)|can read and speak basics: Hindi, Gujarati  (in)|beginner:  (nl)|want to learn:  (dk) (no)

Linguist108

Postby Linguist108 » 2015-02-19, 12:54

hreru wrote: :lol: I did the same at work but there was nobody around at the moment. I hope. :para: I could hear a clear difference ... but maybe it's my bad ears. :)

It's really very similar, but definitely not the same. Perhaps, we Czech natives, are more inclined to pronounce -nď- more than -ňď- than -nď- ? My theory is that the voiced palatal stop (i.e. ď) is forcing you to palatalise the n into ň...
native:  (cs)|fluent, near native:  (en-uk)|fully understanding, don't speak much:  (sk) | can understand, can't speak much:  (ru-ru)|intermediate:  (de)|can read and speak basics: Hindi, Gujarati  (in)|beginner:  (nl)|want to learn:  (dk) (no)

Linguist108

Postby Linguist108 » 2015-02-19, 12:59

Ashrak wrote:
Koko wrote:Do you instead use English or German? What kind of contexts do you put yourself in that prohibits major use of Czech?

I live in Munich, Germany. Nothing prohibits me from using Czech, I just don't have partners to speak it with. All of my friends here are either Germans or German speaking speakers of languages that aren't mutually intelligible with Czech. And two hour call a month with my parents doesn't isn't much usage :-)

I'm in pretty much the same situation, just with English not German. They only Czech input I get is from Czech online newspapers, little bit of TV and books, but I don't do them much. Otherwise, I'm using English 90% of the time. We speak English at home, I do speak Czech to my daughter though. And with my parents, but that's just one hour in a month or so, the same case like you...

Return to “Czech (Čeština)”