[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
Finnish teacher needed - UniLang

Finnish teacher needed

Moderator: Varislintu

abc_conlang_123

Finnish teacher needed

Postby abc_conlang_123 » 2014-07-09, 21:50

Finnish is a language I find really interesting.
I would like to learn it, so my biiig question is : is there somebody who would teach it to me ?
I dont know words, but I have already learned how to read and write it.
As I study Latin and I speak Italian, I am familiar with cases and double letters.
In return I can teach Italian ( my first language), a little of Spanish or even a local italian language I speak.

Anybody is welcome, but a mother-tongue Finnish speaker would be the best :)
Native :  (it)  (egl) Fluent :  (en) A2 :  (es)  (la) Curious about :  (fi)  (ja)

linguoboy

Re: Finnish teacher needed

Postby linguoboy » 2014-07-09, 21:57

abc_conlang_123 wrote:I dont know words, but I have already learned how to read and write it.

Kuinka on mahdollista?
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

abc_conlang_123

Postby abc_conlang_123 » 2014-07-09, 22:18

What do you mean :) ?
Native :  (it)  (egl) Fluent :  (en) A2 :  (es)  (la) Curious about :  (fi)  (ja)

abc_conlang_123

Postby abc_conlang_123 » 2014-07-09, 23:24

Oh ok :) ( thank you google translate )

I have learned its orthography on wikipedia.
And the ONLY lexicon I know is Suomi, hyvää päivää and yksi.

Vlürch

Postby Vlürch » 2014-07-22, 13:08

Well, sanakirja.org is a thing. Of course, there are lots and lots of other online dictionaries/translators as well, but this one is probably the best for Finnish, considering it's a Finnish site. It's obviously not going to do the trick for uncommon compound words, but that shouldn't be a problem if you're familiar with the way they're formed.

Return to “Finnish (Suomi)”