[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
What is your favourite anime - UniLang

What is your favourite anime

Moderator: hashi

ケロロ軍曹
Country: VA Vatican City (Holy See) (Civitatis Vaticanae (Sancta Sedes))

What is your favourite anime

Postby ケロロ軍曹 » 2009-07-30, 14:36

hi!, I am new here.
do you watch anime in japanese?
I need to watch to improve my listening, can you watch anime already?
What is your favourite?
I think listening comprehension is tought.

IJN_Nagato

Re: What is your favourite anime

Postby IJN_Nagato » 2009-08-15, 5:48

Slayers series
D gray man
Evangelion
etc..

Kasuya

Postby Kasuya » 2009-08-15, 17:50

gyrus

Postby gyrus » 2009-08-22, 21:47

If you want to really learn, you'll have to watch without subtitles.
[flag]en[/flag][flag]fr[/flag][flag]de[/flag][flag]ja[/flag][flag]eo[/flag][flag]zh[/flag]
Twitter
YouTube

Æxylis

Postby Æxylis » 2009-10-12, 11:41

Doesn't surprise me 8-) Great anime though :D
(they even made a feature-length movie out of it... quite interesting :mrgreen: )

I also like:
Trinity Blood
Chrono Crusade
Ranma 1/2
Love Hina
Fooly Cooly
Excel Saga
Vampire Hunter D
Bakuretsu Hunters
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (not technically an anime, but close enough ;))
Oh and can't forget about the legendary .Hack// series :D
Если хочешь говорить со мной по скайпу, мой скайп нейм - jaakuuta
If you want to speak with me on Skype, my Skype name is jaakuuta

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2009-10-12, 22:52

I don't watch alot of Anime to be honest, unlike probably 99% of the people who elected Japanese as a subject at high school, it was not because of Anime :) But heres the three main ones I like:

Mahoromatic
美鳥の日々(Midori no hibi)
Kamen no maid guy

(In order from most liked to least ;) )

gyrus wrote:If you want to really learn, you'll have to watch without subtitles.

I agree with Rowland, however, I think you need to watch it once first with the subtitles then without to see if you can pick it out. It's no fun if you don't get whats going on at all. Once you get better don't worry about subtitles :)

Smitty

Postby Smitty » 2009-10-13, 9:48

And if Japanese subtitles are available, I'd recommend using those too. They really help me with Japanese movies.

As for anime, I've never really liked it too much. I barely read manga, so anime is a stretch too far for me. Movies and music is enough for me. :)

Æxylis

Postby Æxylis » 2009-10-13, 11:43

I've noticed that watching a Japanese movie with Chinese subtitles can be helpful when studying kanji 8-)
Если хочешь говорить со мной по скайпу, мой скайп нейм - jaakuuta
If you want to speak with me on Skype, my Skype name is jaakuuta

svld

Postby svld » 2009-10-13, 13:20

My favorite one is "灰羽連盟(Haibane Renmei)".
also liked :
5 Centimeters Per Second 秒速5センチメートル
Akagi アカギ 〜闇に降り立った天才〜
Azumanga Daioh あずまんが大王
Bakemonogatari 化物語
Dennou coil 電脳コイル
FLCL フリクリ
Galaxy Angel ギャラクシーエンジェル
Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji 賭博黙示録カイジ
K-On! けいおん!
Kara no Kyoukai 空の境界
Lucky Star らき☆すた
Millennium Actress 千年女優
Moonlight Mile ムーンライトマイル
Mouryou no Hako 魍魎の匣
Mushishi 蟲師
One Outs ワンナウツ
Pale Cocoon ペイル・コクーン
Pani Poni Dash! ぱにぽにだっしゅ!
Paranoia Agent 妄想代理人
Saki 咲-Saki-
Samurai Champloo サムライチャンプルー
Serial Experiments Lain シリアルエクスペリメンツ・レイン
Sketchbook ~full color's~ スケッチブック 〜full color's〜
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱
The Tower of Druaga ドルアーガの塔
Time of Eve イヴの時間
most Ghibli and Miyazaki's works
Last edited by svld on 2009-12-28, 13:35, edited 2 times in total.

Rounin

Postby Rounin » 2009-11-24, 5:41

Kino no Tabi – A quiet story about a lone traveller, roaming about the world and observing human triumphs and failures, without being willing to interfere or get attached to any one place.

The aforementioned Azumanga Daioh – A sweet and lighthearted comedy which follows a few girls going through high school together.

Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi, a.k.a. Spirited Away – A strange film depicting a little girl's experiences as she unwittingly enters a strange spirit world. The film's portrayal of the constant feeling of alienation when being foreign to a place is especially excellent.

Apart from Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi, many films by Studio Ghibli and director Hayao Miyazaki are well worth watching. I can for instance recommend "Tonari no Totoro" and "Majō no takkyūbin" ("Kiki's Delivery Service"), which are "slice of life"-type movies, and "Kaze no tani no Nausica" ("Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind"), which is an action/drama-type film.

hashi
Language Forum Moderator

Postby hashi » 2009-11-24, 5:46

Rounin wrote:Kino no Tabi – A quiet story about a lone traveller, roaming about the world and observing human triumphs and failures, without being willing to interfere or get attached to any one place.

The aforementioned Azumanga Daioh – A sweet and lighthearted comedy which follows a few girls going through high school together.

Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi, a.k.a. Spirited Away – A strange film depicting a little girl's experiences as she unwittingly enters a strange spirit world. The film's portrayal of the constant feeling of alienation when being foreign to a place is especially excellent.

Apart from Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi, many films by Studio Ghibli and director Hayao Miyazaki are well worth watching. I can for instance recommend "Tonari no Totoro" and "Majō no takkyūbin" ("Kiki's Delivery Service"), which are "slice of life"-type movies, and "Kaze no tani no Nausica" ("Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind"), which is an action/drama-type film.

Studio Ghibli films are the best in my opinion. I love Tonari no Totoro and have yet to see Majou no takkyuubin but I've been told theyre good. And OMG. "Kaze no tani no Nausica" I watched that when I was in year 9 and loved it but never knew the name of it. *now wants it*

Śrāmaṇera

Postby Śrāmaṇera » 2009-12-25, 16:26

I don't know if any of you has ever watched Serial Experiments : Lain (13 episodes). It's pretty simple Japanese and easy to pick in spite of the story being very complicated... I like the atmosphere it has though, the soundtrack too is great (especially the ending song 遠い叫び).
खाने मुखलाई जुङ्गा ले छेक्दैन | (नेपाली उखान)

AsianAtHeart

Postby AsianAtHeart » 2009-12-27, 10:59

Trinity Blood
Death Note
Saiyuki Reload

I seem to most like the ones that tend to be kinda short, I don't know why ><
I can usually watch my DVDs of them without subtitles and catch about 50%, depends on how fast and complex the dialogue is, though.

Miyazaki films always provide me with a nice, enjoyable little listening comprehension session, though, since they're always so beautifully paced. I'm still fangirling over Ponyo.

My goal is to learn 14-15 foreign languages (18-19 if you count the individual dialects of Chinese I want), 5 at a time ^^

Śrāmaṇera

Postby Śrāmaṇera » 2009-12-27, 15:54

Gake no ue no Ponyo (崖の上のポニョ) is my favourite. I love its poetry. I watched maybe more than ten times the moment when Ponyo turns into a human and runs on the waves.
खाने मुखलाई जुङ्गा ले छेक्दैन | (नेपाली उखान)

stiffanbond

Postby stiffanbond » 2010-06-02, 10:41

My favorite anime is naruto beacause it has a great storyline and has kept characters and i love all the polts and stupid things naruto does and stuff and much more to long to explain.

cumberbatch

Postby cumberbatch » 2013-06-22, 14:47

Yes, I agree. If you want to improve on your Japanese, you will need to eventually stop on relying on subtitles. You'll find that you will enjoy watching more if you are not distracted with the words below your screen.
Some of my favourites are:
Gensomaden Saiyuuki (all of them) - I also recommend this if you want to practice Keigo because Cho Hakkai always speaks in Keigo
Rurouni Kenshin
Death Note
Weiss Kreuz - now this anime got me studying German :)
Slam Dunk

mōdgethanc

Postby mōdgethanc » 2013-06-22, 17:46

Śrāmaṇera wrote:I don't know if any of you has ever watched Serial Experiments : Lain (13 episodes). It's pretty simple Japanese and easy to pick in spite of the story being very complicated... I like the atmosphere it has though, the soundtrack too is great (especially the ending song 遠い叫び).
Four years late, but I agree. It's an entertaining show (if weird and hard to follow) and the dialogue isn't too hard to pick up on.

Karavinka

Postby Karavinka » 2013-06-23, 20:00

Animes that I have watched in the last three months:

一騎当千 (Ikkitousen)
中二病でも恋はしたい (Chuunibyo demo koi wa shitai)
僕は友達が少ない (Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai)
けいおん! (K-on!)
おれの妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない (Ore no imouto ga konna ni kawaii wake ga nai)
狼と香辛料 (Ookami to koushinryo)
まおゆう魔王勇者 (Maoyuu maou yuusha)
生徒会の一存 (Seitokai no ichizon)
フールメタルパニック TSR (Full Metal Panic! TSR)
げんしけん (Genshiken)
神のみ知るセカイ (Kami nomi shiru sekai)
這いよれ! ニャル子さん (Haiyore! Nyaruko san)

I'm glad nobody mentioned that Na**to thing so far.

mōdgethanc wrote:
Śrāmaṇera wrote:I don't know if any of you has ever watched Serial Experiments : Lain (13 episodes). It's pretty simple Japanese and easy to pick in spite of the story being very complicated... I like the atmosphere it has though, the soundtrack too is great (especially the ending song 遠い叫び).
Four years late, but I agree. It's an entertaining show (if weird and hard to follow) and the dialogue isn't too hard to pick up on.

Agreed. It's like a cult classic, though I wouldn't want to watch it for a third time...
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Bijlee

Postby Bijlee » 2013-06-23, 23:58

I don't watch anime very often, but there are some that I like. I'm stealing the Japanese names from Wikipedia, so don't be upset at me if they're wrong :P

Elfen Lied (エルフェンリート)
Despite some flaws, this is one of my top favorites. It's a nice short series- I think it has a really beautiful story overall.

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt (パンティ&ストッキングwithガーターベルト) [though I don't understand why this is classified as an anime]
This one is just silly. Very raunchy.

Serial Experiments Lain (シリアルエクスペリメンツレイン)
Another good story.

Cowboy Bebop (カウボーイビバップ)
^Ditto.
This one isn't too long, if you're looking for a shorter watch.

Inuyasha (戦国御伽草子 犬夜叉)
This is the first anime I got into when I was little. I like this one a lot for its setting in feudal Japan. It's a cute story and it has some comedy, adventure, and action.

Fullmetal Alchemist (鋼の錬金術師)
This one has some great moments I think.

Code Geass (コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ)
This one I haven't watched myself, but my friend thinks it is very touching. I think the story sounds nice enough, but when I actually got to watching it, I was kind of bored. I thought I'd throw this in anyway though. Maybe I'll give it another chance later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like others, I love Studio Ghibli films. Though it has been years since I've watched most of them. I remember liking these ones a lot. They're really eccentric, lovely stories:

Princess Mononoke (もののけ姫)
Howl's Moving Castle (ハウルの動く城)
Laputa: Castle in the Sky (天空の城ラピュタ)
My Neighbor Totoro (となりのトトロ)
Spirited Away (千と千尋の神隠し)
Ponyo (崖の上のポニョ)
Kiki's Delivery Service (魔女の宅急便)
The Cat Returns (猫の恩返し)

mōdgethanc

Postby mōdgethanc » 2013-06-24, 0:26

I've seen Lain three times: Once because I'd never seen it before, twice to make sure I understood whatever the hell I just watched, and three times so I could watch it with my friend and explain it to him when he got confused.
Bijlee wrote:Elfen Lied (エルフェンリート)
Despite some flaws, this is one of my top favorites. It's a nice short series- I think it has a really beautiful story overall.
Warning: Gore.
Cowboy Bebop (カウボーイビバップ)
This one isn't too long, if you're looking for a shorter watch.
Everyone should watch this show whether they like anime or not.

You forgot Grave of the Fireflies, Porco Rosso and Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, by the way.

Return to “Japanese (日本語)”