[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
Caitlín - 中文/粵語 - UniLang

Caitlín - 中文/粵語

Moderator: Youngfun

Aisling
Language Forum Moderator

Caitlín - 中文/粵語

Postby Aisling » 2014-08-05, 12:33

This is my personal Chinese and Cantonese thread. I'll share my progress here, my Chinese is A2 and Cantonese is A0, and that's not good enough to communicate.

CHINESE
这是一条鱼。 This is a fish.
那是一套房子。 That is a house.
我在听音乐。 I'm listening to music.
凯蒂是在哪里? Where is Katie.
凯蒂在画一张图片。 Katie is drawing a picture.
您要喝水吗? Would you like to drink water?

CANTONESE
I'll study Cantonese soon...
Native:  (tr), Fluent:  (da)  (el), Advanced:  (en)  (fr)  (de)  (es)  (sv), Intermediate:  (ga)  (bg)  (no)

Pangu

Re: Caitlín - 中文/粵語

Postby Pangu » 2014-08-05, 15:19

Caitlín wrote:那是一套房子。 That is a house.

套 is used to refer to "suites". If you are referring to a house as a separate building, you would need to use 栋.

Caitlín wrote:凯蒂是在哪里? Where is Katie.

No need for the 是 here. "凯蒂在哪里?" is correct.

Return to “Chinese (中文)”