[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
up the creek in mandarin - UniLang

up the creek in mandarin

Moderator: Youngfun

schnaz

up the creek in mandarin

Postby schnaz » 2014-08-06, 7:05

Can anyone suggest an equivalent expression to "up the creek" in Mandarin
?
Thanks in advance

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/up_the_creek
"What a revoltin´ development this is." Daffy Duck

linguoboy

Re: up the creek in mandarin

Postby linguoboy » 2014-08-06, 14:13

nciku suggests 处于困境. Lin Yu-tang has the expression 處境困難.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

schnaz

Re: up the creek in mandarin

Postby schnaz » 2014-08-08, 4:50

Thank you Linguoboy, and thank you for introducing me to the Lin Yu -Tang dictionary ,if however I get fired because I stay up too late prowling around in that dictionary I may have to take my thanks back. :ohwell:
"What a revoltin´ development this is." Daffy Duck

Return to “Chinese (中文)”