[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 402: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 423: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
New members - UniLang

New members

seashell

New members

Postby seashell » 2006-01-05, 9:15

Czesc! : )

I dared to open a new thread. ; )
Thought it would be a nice place to give new members like me the chance to introduce themselves and tell the others what they want.

First of all let me say that I'm so glad I found this place in www. An Internet friend gave me the address.

Hi Fenek, I took a look at the "Polish Corner". It's great what you and the others are doing there! Here comes my first question: Is the "Polish Corner" only open for advanced questions, or also for silly questions of "bloody beginners" like me? ; )

Oh, like the Stones sing, "let me introduce myself"... *smiech* My name is Silvia, I'm 44 and live in Vienna. Mother tongue German of course, "rusty" English knowledge from past schooldays ; ) and... I'm learning POLISH since a few month!

I love to hear this language, I love to speak it (my pronounciation is quite good! : ), but Polish is very hard to learn, especially hard to learn ALONE, only from books, internet etc. So I'm looking for some help, and I'm looking for other "bloody beginners", who can share the dispair that sometimes grasps me when I see a word which seems to consist only of "przyczcs..." ; )

And sometimes I will ask you for little translations from Polish into German or English, I hope you will help me if you can - it's very important to me. And we will see what I can do for YOU... ; ) If anyone has questions concerning the German language or aspects of Austria, please feel free to ask me.

I would like to talk here in German and/or English. Gibt's hier jemanden, der gut Deutsch spricht und gerade Polnisch lernt? : ) Sind hier Polen anwesend, die in Wien leben? Kennt mich jemand aus anderen Foren? Irgendwelche Ich Troje-Fans hier? ; ) :mrgreen: Bitte meldet Euch!

A big "Hello" to our moderators Fenek & arti, and to all the users here. : ) Fenek & arti, am I allowed to open a new thread "Bloody beginners", where the beginners amongst us can share their dispair? ; )

I'm really looking forward to get to know the people here and start to make big steps forward to a better Polish. : )

Pozdrawiam cieplutko
seashell

arti

Postby arti » 2006-01-05, 15:57

Cześć Silvia - morska muszelko! ;)
I am sure that in the name of all 2 Polish moderators i can say that you are welcome! (Fenek will agree with me I feel it) :D
Unfortunately I don't know German, however surprisingly I understood most of that what you had written. It is for sure the fault of learning Dutch and my dear German teacher in the background school (we all hated her) :P
About asking questions, whatever you don't know and you would like to know, just ask. I am sure we will all do our best to help you.
seashell wrote:when I see a word which seems to consist only of "przyczcs..." ; )

pryszcz? :mrgreen:

The most important question:

Dlaczego uczysz się polskiego? :whistle:

seashell

Postby seashell » 2006-01-05, 21:52

Czesc arti : )

Thank you for this warm welcome!
So I may ask questions as much as I like? I will start soon... ; )

pryszcz?
Oh, I'm a geniusz, just put some letters together and nearly produced a really existing Polish word. ; )
"Pickel"? - Could have come worse. :mrgreen:

Why do I learn Polish?
Hm... I assure you it is just because I like the country and the language, it's NOT because of some awfully handsome and nice red-haired Polish singers! :whistle:

By the way: nice avatar :P

seashell : )

Fenek

Postby Fenek » 2006-01-06, 15:30

Welcome, Silvia! :D

Sure, feel free to ask any questions you want and to set new threads! There are many Poles around here, I think all of them can speak English to some extent and some of them can speak German (unfortunately, I cannot). As arti said, we'll do our best to help you 8) You already realized how friendly and ready to help arti was :)

I think there are quite many Polish-speaking people in Vienna, aren't there? At the Sűdbanhof railway station (where I need to change train when I travel from Koper to Warsaw), there is even a special information table for Poles.

I'm a geniusz, just put some letters together and nearly produced a really existing Polish word. ; )

:lol: I noticed it worked with English - it is enough to take a consonant, add a vowel and then another consonant and usually you get an existing English word ;) pub, pun, put, pug...
I'd appreciate any corrections to my messages!
Vi sarò molto grato per ogni correzione!
Zelo vam bom hvaležen za popravke!
Aş fi recunoscător pentru orice corectare!
Bio bih vam veoma zahvalan na ispravkama!

seashell

Postby seashell » 2006-01-06, 20:56

Dear Fenek,

thank you for your friendly welcome! :wink: For sure I will ask many questions in this forum, it's a fine place to do that. I've seen that in general all people get answers. You are right, arti was very helpful *smiech*

Yes, I also think there are many Polish in Vienna. One day saw them standing round our Polish church; the Polish church is probably the best filled church in whole Vienna... :wink:

You live in Koper in Slovenija? (I admit I had to look for it at Wikipedia ;-) ) Koper has a nice heraldic figure, the sun... ;-) Were you born in Poland and study now in Koper? (Wikipedia says that they have an university there : )

So goodbye until next time!

seashell

Kuba

Re: New members

Postby Kuba » 2006-01-07, 11:54

seashell wrote:I would like to talk here in German and/or English. Gibt's hier jemanden, der gut Deutsch spricht und gerade Polnisch lernt? : ) Sind hier Polen anwesend, die in Wien leben? Kennt mich jemand aus anderen Foren? Irgendwelche Ich Troje-Fans hier? ; ) :mrgreen: Bitte meldet Euch!

Cześć Sylwio! (Darf ich deinen Namen eh polonisieren? :wink:)

Also ich wohn in Wien und bin Halbpole, d.h. mein Polnisch ist nicht immer 100% korrekt, obwohl es ziemlich gut ist :D (auf die schriftliche Polnischmatura hab ich eine bessere Note als mein bester Freund in Krakau bekommen... :lol:
Es freut mich, dass du dir das Polnischlernen antust, die meisten Österreicher sind ja trotz diverser historischer Verbindungen nicht gewillt, irgendeine slawische Sprache zu lernen... :cry:

Cześć Sylwio! (Mogę spolszczyć twoje imię? :wink:)

No, ja mieszkam w Wiedniu i jestem pół-polakiem, tz. mój polski nie jest zawsze poprawny w 100%, chociaż jest całkiem w porządku :D (na pisemny egzamin maturalny z polskiego w Krakowie dostałem nawet lepszą ocenę od mojego najlepszego kumpla z ławki... :lol:
Cieszę się, że zdecydowałaś się nauczyć się polskiego, większość Austriaków przecież mimo różnych historycznych więzi nie chce się nauczyć ani jednego słowiańskiego języka... :cry:

seashell wrote:Yes, I also think there are many Polish in Vienna. One day saw them standing round our Polish church; the Polish church is probably the best filled church in whole Vienna...

Die Polen sind - nach den Türken und ehemaligen Jugoslawen - die drittgrößte Minderheit in Wien. Und du hast sicher recht: Die Polnische Kirche am Rennweg is sicher die einzige hier, die so voll is, dass die Leut draußn anstehn... (Ach, der polnische Katholizismus 8))

Polacy to trzecia co do wielkości mniejszość narodowa w Wiedniu, tuż za turkami i "przybyszów" z dawniejszej Jugosławii. I w tym punkcie masz rację: Polski kościół na Rennwegu to na pewno jedyny kościół w Wiedniu, który jest tak pełny, że ludzie stoją na zewnątrz... (ach, ten polski katolicyzm 8))

Kuba

Postby Kuba » 2006-01-07, 14:28

btw: In welchem Bezirk wohnst du, Silvia?
btw: W którym becyrku :lol: mieszkasz, Sylwio?

seashell

Postby seashell » 2006-01-07, 17:24

Czesc Kuba! :-)

Gerne darfst Du meinen Namen "polonisieren". Meine Polonisierung schreitet ohnehin munter voran, fast könnte man schon von "Poloniophilie" ;)(sagt man so?) sprechen: Ich höre polnische Musik, polnisches Radioprogramm, lerne die Sprache, trinke gelegentlich Wisent Vodka... *lach*

Warum eigentlich die Endung "o" bei meinem Namen? Das klingt irgendwie männlich. ;) Ist es wegen dem Ausrufungszeichen? Ich dachte, da schreibt man "u"? "Verwirre mich täglich" *smiech*

Ich zitiere Dich: "...dass Du Dir das Polnischlernen antust..." Damit hast Du den richtigen Ausdruck erwischt... Ich wusste jedoch von Anfang an, dass ich mir eine schwierige Sprache "antue". Man muss ja als Anfänger nur mal einen Blick auf einen polnischen Zeitungsartikel werfen und versuchen, ein Stück daraus vorzulesen. Da weiß man gleich, was es geschlagen hat. ;) Das konnte mich jedoch nicht abschrecken, meine Motivation war und ist hoch genug. Ich glaube, hoch genug, um mich auch weiter zu tragen...

Ja leider... nur eine verschwindende Minderheit von Österreichern und auch Deutschen hat genug Interesse und Mumm, es mit der polnischen Sprache aufzunehmen. Eigentlich bin ich ein bissl stolz auf meinen Mut. ;)

Polen in Wien... in welchem Bezirk wohnen denn die meisten? Zu Deiner Frage: Ich wohne im 8. Und Du? :)

Apropos Polen (jetzt das Land gemeint, und die Wildrinder *lach*) in Wien! Weißt Du zufällig, ob das angekündigte "Diorama" über den polnischen Nationalpark "Puszcza Bialowieska", das in Zusammenarbeit von Österreich und Polen im Wiener Naturhistorischen Museum im November vorigen Jahres hätte eröffnet werden sollen, schon fertig ist? Ich finde Wisents faszinierend. Diese Dauerausstellung würde ich mir auf jeden Fall ansehen, allein schon, weil es eben ein Stück Polen in Wien ist.

Wolltest Du noch was zum polnischen Katholizismus sagen? ;-)

He, und danke für Deine zweisprachigen Ausführungen! Die sind sehr wertvoll für mich. Fragen stelle ich dazu vorläufig noch keine, sonst wird das zu viel. ;)

Papatki :)
(das kenne ich aus dem Chat - ist das zu "leger" für ein Forum?)

Kuba

Postby Kuba » 2006-01-07, 18:41

seashell wrote:Warum eigentlich die Endung "o" bei meinem Namen? Das klingt irgendwie männlich. ;) Ist es wegen dem Ausrufungszeichen? Ich dachte, da schreibt man "u"? "Verwirre mich täglich" *smiech*

Das -o zeigt den Vokativ (Ruffall) an, zB. Sylwio, Marto, -u ist auch eine mögliche Vokativendung zB. Fenku, Kasiu.
-o to jedna z końcówek charakteryzujących wołacz, np Sylwio, Marto, -u również jest taką końcówką, np Fenku, Kasiu.

seashell wrote:Polen in Wien... in welchem Bezirk wohnen denn die meisten? Zu Deiner Frage: Ich wohne im 8. Und Du? :)

Das weiß ich nicht; die Polen leben ziemlich verstreut... Ich wohn im 21.
Tego nie wiem; Polacy w Wiedniu mieszkają wszędzie... Ja mieszkam w Florydzdorfie.

seashell wrote:Weißt Du zufällig, ob das angekündigte "Diorama" über den polnischen Nationalpark "Puszcza Bialowieska", das in Zusammenarbeit von Österreich und Polen im Wiener Naturhistorischen Museum im November vorigen Jahres hätte eröffnet werden sollen, schon fertig ist?

Leider hab ich da keine Ahnung. :(
Niestety nie mam zielonego pojęcia. :(

seashell wrote:Wolltest Du noch was zum polnischen Katholizismus sagen? ;-)

:lol:
http://www.radiomaryja.pl/
Das ist er in seiner schlimmsten Form...
Oto on w swojej najgorszej postaci...
:oops:

seashell wrote:Papatki :)
(das kenne ich aus dem Chat - ist das zu "leger" für ein Forum?) :?

Nix is zu leger für ein Forum :P , obwohl ich dieses Wort nicht verwenden würde, weil's mir zu kindisch is... :wink:
Nic nie jest za swobodne dla forumu (? oj, jednak braki są :)), lecz ja bym nie używał tego wyrazu, bo dla mnie brzmi jak mowa dziecięca... :wink:

arti

Postby arti » 2006-01-07, 20:39

Kuba wrote:Nic nie jest za swobodne dla forumu (? oj, jednak braki są :)), lecz ja bym nie używał tego wyrazu, bo dla mnie brzmi jak mowa dziecięca... :wink:

Kuba, "forum" is not declinable in singular.
And "papatki" sounds informally. You can often see this word in chats. I could use this word for a person that I know well. :roll:

seashell wrote:Gerne darfst Du meinen Namen "polonisieren". Meine Polonisierung schreitet ohnehin munter voran, fast könnte man schon von "Poloniophilie" ;)(sagt man so?) sprechen: Ich höre polnische Musik, polnisches Radioprogramm, lerne die Sprache, trinke gelegentlich Wisent Vodka... *lach*

Hmm I think I understand you, I have similar "Nederlandsphilie" :roll: Ich höre allein niederlandische Musik, lerne die Sprache, aber trinkte kein Vodka :lol:

seashell

Postby seashell » 2006-01-08, 17:28

Kuba, ich hatte noch keine Zeit, Radio Maryja zu hören (ist doch online möglich, oder?), aber ich werd's nachholen... ; )

Ich hab auf der Internetseite des NH Museums keinen Hinweis auf das angekündigte Nationalpark-Diorama gefunden. Sollte das gemeinsame Projekt Polen-Österreich gescheitert sein? :-( Werde mich im Museum wohl mal telefonisch erkundigen...

Nochmal zu "papatki". ;-) Ja, es IST kindisch. *lach* Sag, entspricht es etwa unserem österreichischen "Babatschi", das man noch gelegentlich hört? Hiiiilfeeee !!! *LOL*

seashell

Postby seashell » 2006-01-08, 17:38

"Netherlandsphilie", arti? How came that? Are you in love with a lovely Dutchwoman? ; ) Oh, at that point I remember that I yet don't know if you are male or female *smiech* Male, aren't you?
I do know one single Dutch sentence, which is: "Hebt ü Duitsche couranten?" (Do you have German newspapers?) It's from a little dictionairy I unfortunately lost years ago...

Is Dutch hard to learn? It seems to me like a mixture of German (northern part) and English.

arti

Postby arti » 2006-01-08, 20:45

seashell wrote:"Netherlandsphilie", arti? How came that? Are you in love with a lovely Dutchwoman? ; )

Nie, nie kocham żadnej Holenderki :P
How came that - quite long story, in shorts it is a fault of my Internet friend from Nederlands and the beauty of Dutch language. ;)

seashell wrote:Oh, at that point I remember that I yet don't know if you are male or female *smiech* Male, aren't you?

Yes, as far as I know I am male. My nick is simply from my name - Artur.
seashell wrote:I do know one single Dutch sentence, which is: "Hebt ü Duitsche couranten?"

ü -> u ;)

seashell wrote:Is Dutch hard to learn?

Yes, it is hard, grammar is quite complicated and comparing to Polish places of words in Dutch sentences are often different. German speaker would have much less problems I guess. But I have more satisfaction to learn something hard and it is uncommon in Poland to learn Dutch. Some people say this is waisting of my time, and they are probably right, but who cares that's my one of hobbies, I do what I like 8)
seashell wrote:It seems to me like a mixture of German (northern part) and English.

Add French and other weird words to the mixture and you'll have... Dutch! ;)

seashell

Postby seashell » 2006-01-09, 8:17

Dear arti, I don't think you are waisting time by learning the Dutch language. Every language opens us a new world... a new culture and of course a way to all the poeople who talk in that language.

And is one language "better" or more worthful than another? I don't think so... We all have our preferences. But every language finds it's fans. :-)

In general we never should say about another man's hobby it's "waiste of time". Even if he for example collects things which seem to have no value at all... All the little things in the world are precious, because they all are part of the wonderful miracle we call LIFE. :-) Amen. ;-)

My father sometimes says about some of my hobbies, they are "waste of time". But are only things precious with witch we can earn money? If someone wants to study a rare dialect from Central Africa he should do it. I also do what I want, like you. ;-)

Kuba

Postby Kuba » 2006-01-09, 15:04

seashell wrote:Kuba, ich hatte noch keine Zeit, Radio Maryja zu hören (ist doch online möglich, oder?), aber ich werd's nachholen... ; )

Viel hast du dann eh nicht versäumt...
Niczego nie przegapiłaś...

seashell wrote:Nochmal zu "papatki". ;-) Ja, es IST kindisch. *lach* Sag, entspricht es etwa unserem österreichischen "Babatschi", das man noch gelegentlich hört? Hiiiilfeeee !!! *LOL*

So cirka, ja.
Mniej więcej, no.

Fenek

Postby Fenek » 2006-01-11, 10:03

seashell wrote:You live in Koper in Slovenija? (I admit I had to look for it at Wikipedia ;-) ) Koper has a nice heraldic figure, the sun... ;-) Were you born in Poland and study now in Koper? (Wikipedia says that they have an university there : )

Cześć! :)
Hi! :)

Tak, studiuję w Koprze, ale tylko do końca lutego. Potem wracam do Polski.
Yes, I study in Koper, but only until the end of February. Then I'm coming back to Poland.

Zgadzam się, słońce to bardzo sympatyczny herb. Pasowałby do jakiegoś nadmorskiego kurortu. Istnieje też inna wersja herbu Kopru, znacznie mniej sympatyczna - głowa Meduzy. Kształtem przypomina słońce (wyrastające z głowy węże odpowiadają promieniom słońca). Obecne władze oczywiście wolą słońce jako herb.
I agree, the sun is a very nice coat of arms. It would fit some resort by the sea. There's yet another version of the coat of arms of Koper, much less nice - a head of Medusa. It resembles the sun (snakes stemming from the head correspond to the sunrays). The current authorities prefer the sun as the coat of arms, of course.

Na razie! :)
Take it easy! :)

Fenek

Re: New members

Postby Fenek » 2006-01-11, 10:06

Kuba wrote: mój polski nie jest zawsze poprawny w 100%, chociaż jest całkiem w porządku :D

To prawda, jest bardzo w porządku, poprawny w 99% :) Nie wiem, czy chcesz, żebym ci napisał w PM, co stanowi ten 1%. Jeśli tak, daj proszę znać.

seashell

Postby seashell » 2006-01-11, 17:15

Hejka Fenku! ;-)

So soon you will be back in Poland. Will you live and work in Warsaw?

Oh, I find Medusa quite nice. ;-) I love all the more or less "black" ladies of the Greec and Roman mythology, Pandora, Circe, Medusa, most of all Medea, fascinating woman indeed ... If Koper was my hometown I would love it to have Medusa on my coat of arms. 8) But the sun also is very nice. ;-)

seashell

Postby seashell » 2006-01-12, 17:03

Let me try this little introduction you had at the beginning of this thread. ;-)

Najpierw sie przedstawie.
Nazywam sie Sylwia.
Mam 44 (czterdziesci cztery?) lata.
Jestem Austriaczka.
Znam niemiecki i angielski.
Ucze sie polskiego.

How do we say "Später möchte ich Arabisch lernen" ("Later on I want to learn Arabian")?

seashell

Postby seashell » 2006-01-12, 22:36

Czesc arti,

in your profile I could see that you like plants - especially lemon trees ;-) Reading the words "lemon trees" I automatically think of the song lines:

"Lemon tree very pretty
and the lemon flower is sweet..." ;-)

I'm also interested in plants, botanically, but most of all in their mythological and magical aspects. I do not know much about lemon trees - would you like to tell me, how you fell in love with them? :-)

Return to “Polish (Polski)”