[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Indtroduction - UniLang

Indtroduction

Moderators: Johanna, Aleco

kolinoskopy

Indtroduction

Postby kolinoskopy » 2014-10-05, 0:38

Hei,
I am new to these forums, and would like to begin by introducing myself. I'm 34 years old, so a bit of late bloomer. Better late than never, as they say. I developed a fascination for languages last year during my first year of psychology, and have since changed my learning path to include linguistics as a second major. I figured it would be a good idea to learn a couple of languages to complement this.

I've been interested in German for a fair while, but not to the point of proactively trying to learn seriously, because the grammar is a nightmare. I intend to come back to it eventually, but shall instead begin with Norwegian as my first attempt at learning a foreign language. Its not that I'm trying to take the easy way out, but I think its a good language to start with for a native English speaker. Also, It sounds beautiful, and is a fun challenge to pronounce.

I've been attempting the NoW course offered by the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), the material for which they make available online for free. I'm only up to chapter three, but I'm just going slowly and surely at this stage. Apart from that there's not a great deal of material or resources out there, and I don't really know anyone who speaks it, so here I am! :)

I look forward to a fun and rewarding learning curve, and hope to meet some fantastic people of the world in the process.

Cheers,
Kolin

Ífaradà

Re: Indtroduction

Postby Ífaradà » 2014-10-05, 13:01

Hei, Kolin!:)

Norwegian is indeed a good place to start for an English speaker, so you definitely made a good choice.
Always glad to see a new soul willing to learn something new.

Take care, and don't hesitate to ask for help!
-Native: Yoruba & Norwegian
-Intermediate: English

kolinoskopy

Postby kolinoskopy » 2014-10-06, 0:14

Tusen takk Ífaradà,
Jeg skal skrive Norsk ofte til praksis meg vokabular.

Behage korrekt meg hvor nødvendig :)

Jeg vil gjerne finne tastatur snarvei av Norsk karakter topografi i Ubuntu.

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2014-10-09, 23:13

Tusen takk for fin introduksjon Kolin. :good4u:
kolinoskopy wrote:I've been attempting the NoW course offered by the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), the material for which they make available online for free.
Takk også for å nevne dette norsk kurset. Jeg tok bare en rask titt på noen av undervisningen og det ser ut som en veldig god kurs for begynnelsen studenter av norsk. :y:
kolinoskopy wrote:Cheers,
Kolin
Skål! :cheery:
Vær snill og rett feilene mine

Native: English
Intermediate: Norsk [Bokmål]
Basic Knowledge: Italiano & español

EinarJ

Postby EinarJ » 2014-10-13, 23:47

kolinoskopy wrote:Jeg vil gjerne finne tastatur snarvei av Norsk karakter topografi i Ubuntu.

If you are comfortable swapping between layouts, you can install the norwegian keyboard layout, then you'll have ø and æ to the right of l, and å to the right of p.

kolinoskopy

Postby kolinoskopy » 2014-10-15, 19:36

Takk Einar,
Ja, jeg finner den. Alt bra nå :)

Raufoss

Postby Raufoss » 2014-10-17, 4:20

kolinoskopy wrote:Apart from that there's not a great deal of material or resources out there, and I don't really know anyone who speaks it, so here I am! :)
Her er link til et emne som kan være nyttig for deg:

Beginner
Vær snill og rett feilene mine

Native: English
Intermediate: Norsk [Bokmål]
Basic Knowledge: Italiano & español

Return to “Norwegian (Norsk)”