[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
Indonesian and Tagalog - UniLang

Indonesian and Tagalog

Markovitch

Indonesian and Tagalog

Postby Markovitch » 2009-08-24, 7:24

Hi,

Since I'm planning to spend about one year in Taiwan from October onward, I'm considering going to Indonesia and Philippines during holidays. I'm wondering, though, whether I should go to Indonesia first and then a few months later to Philippines, or the other way around. Given that I'd like to learn as much Indonesian and Tagalog as I can, I'd like to know if learning one of these two languages first would help me to learn the other one. I read that they were related and that Indonesian was usually viewed as easier. Would an acquaintance with Indonesian help me get started with Tagalog?

Thanks a lot for your help!

0stsee

Re: Indonesian and Tagalog

Postby 0stsee » 2009-09-04, 14:16

Hi Markovitch!

Based on my experience with Philippines as an Indonesian, I could only recognize some words in Tagalog, but otherwise, I'm not sure if my knowledge of Indonesian would help me a lot.
Tagalog seems to have a more complicated grammar than Indonesian.

Indonesian is relatively easy to learn. That's true. How long are you going to be staying in the respective countries?
Ini tandatanganku.

Markovitch

Postby Markovitch » 2009-09-17, 18:45

Hi Ostsee!

Many thanks for your answer. I'm considering getting started with Indonesian first in a few weeks. I shall probably study it for three or four months before going to Indonesia for short (around ten days) holidays. As far as Tagalog is concerned, I haven't made up my mind yet, because I haven't decided which language resource I would use.

I'll probably ask some questions here in a near future :)

vema123

Postby vema123 » 2009-11-24, 4:11

Markovitch wrote:Hi,

Since I'm planning to spend about one year in Taiwan from October onward, I'm considering going to Indonesia and Philippines during holidays. I'm wondering, though, whether I should go to Indonesia first and then a few months later to Philippines, or the other way around. Given that I'd like to learn as much Indonesian and Tagalog as I can, I'd like to know if learning one of these two languages first would help me to learn the other one. I read that they were related and that Indonesian was usually viewed as easier. Would an acquaintance with Indonesian help me get started with Tagalog?

Thanks a lot for your help!

It is true that Indonesian language is so much easier than most languages in the world :D . However Tagalog is not related in Indonesian language, however if you're still interested in going to Indonesia, you can learn Indonesian language online too at: http://indonesianlanguage.net

Return to “Indonesian/Malay (Bahasa Indonesia/Bahasa Malaysia)”