[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
The FU language connection is Habsburgian conspiracy? - UniLang

The FU language connection is Habsburgian conspiracy?

Moderator: '''

Loiks

The FU language connection is Habsburgian conspiracy?

Postby Loiks » 2013-02-10, 15:22

Hi!

What do you, dear Magyars, think about the theory, that is allegedly promoted by the Jobbik, or is it?

It is true that neither Finns nor Estonians have such a noble history as you have. :) Do you really want to be Turkic?

Levo

Re: The FU language connection is Habsburgian conspiracy?

Postby Levo » 2013-02-12, 15:01

The suggestion you mention and your own words both need further details to understand what you mean.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2013-04-26, 20:41

The problem with Hungarian is that it's very distant from the other languages.

I think that Hungarian is a Finno-Ugric language with Turkic elements.

And I personally like to consider my language to be Finno-Ugric and not Turkic.
Last edited by Levike on 2013-04-27, 20:33, edited 3 times in total.
Hungarian (hu) Nem egy nap alatt épült Buda vára. _______German (de) Wo ein Wille ist, da ist auch ein Weg.
English (en) Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. __Spanish (es) No hay ceguera peor que no querer mirar.
Romanian (ro) Nu întinde arcul până nu este bine aşezată săgeata.

mōdgethanc

Postby mōdgethanc » 2013-04-26, 20:56

Is Jobbik promoting some crackpot theory that Hungarians are descended from the Mongol hordes or something and not related to those effete Baltic countries? Somehow I'm not surprised.

Kenny, you have any idea what the fuck this is about?
I think that Hungarian is a Finno-Ugric language with Turkic elements.
Which is what linguists happen to think, too. Claiming Hungarian is a Turkic language would be like saying English descends from Old French.

Levo

Postby Levo » 2013-04-29, 9:58

Personally I don't read Jobbik's theories.

What I know is that Mongol languages had never been in focus for number one root language, although some suspect Central-Asian Turkic languages.
Some Slovak nationalists tend to say Hungarians are Mongols.

Levente, welcome to the forum.
:) Seems like we are getting many with this name.

Levo

Postby Levo » 2013-04-29, 11:29

Also, learning another Finno-Ugrian language, especially Finnish, which is really archaic, a Hungarian discovers so many aspects of his own Hungarian language he never thought about. Then one discovers the really ancient roots, grammar, idioms, terms, words, suffixes in his own language that start to make sense from then on. It was a wonderful feeling to me personally, while learning Finnish and Estonian.
While Turkic languages, though pretty similar in some aspects, seem to me only having an affect on our language when comparing them to Finno-Ugrian similarities.

Kenny

Postby Kenny » 2013-04-29, 15:27

Kenny, you have any idea what the fuck this is about?

They're f.cking nuts & also neonazis, so I really don't give a shit what they say.
We are talking about the people who wanted Jewish politicians listed so as to make sure there weren't any potential secret allies to Israel. They also seem to be very fond of burning the EU's flag while being bff's with Iran, because fuck Israel and the EU. (One of their representatives recently learned he was Jewish, which prompted another party member to say that if they had known he obviously never would have made it this far. The guy quit anyway, because it's kind of hard to be antisemitic when you're a Jew.)

So, yeah, no, thanks :P.

Return to “Hungarian (Magyar)”