[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
Query of a phrase? - UniLang

Query of a phrase?

luap

Query of a phrase?

Postby luap » 2006-05-23, 22:25

"Aš pasikalbėti iš širdies"

Is this the correct way to say "I say from the bottom of my heart" or would it be "pasikalbėtu" as it is "I" :?

Ačiū

sinmelia

Postby sinmelia » 2006-05-24, 6:39

it should be "aš PASIKALBĖJAU iš širdies" (past simple-> aš pasikalbėjau, tu pasikalbėjai, jis, ji pasiklabėjo), "pasikalbėtų" would be a subjunctive for the third person "jis, ji/ jie, jos pasikalbėtų iš širdies"

Mantaz

Re: Query of a phrase?

Postby Mantaz » 2006-05-24, 7:09

luap wrote:"Aš pasikalbėti iš širdies"

Is this the correct way to say "I say from the bottom of my heart" or would it be "pasikalbėtu" as it is "I" :?

Ačiū

"I say from the bottom of my heart" would sound as "Aš sakau iš širdies". "Pasikalbėti" means "to have a talk" ;)

luap

Postby luap » 2006-05-24, 19:31

Cheers, I thought it would be similar :D

Return to “Lithuanian (Lietuvių kalba)”