[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Jy is die rots - Page 2 - UniLang

Jy is die rots

Moderator: Shiba

roscivs
Posts: 14
Joined: 2005-10-18, 14:42
Gender: female
Location: none

Postby roscivs » 2005-10-28, 23:41

Yeah, is there any way to get Afrikaans music for those of us not living in South Africa? I'd buy some from www.kalahari.net or the like, but they charge R180 for shipping and it takes a month, which I can handle for DVDs (just bought a bunch of Leon Schuster films) but can't justify purchasing a R40 CD from such a place.

Did find some Afrikaans speech here:
http://www.potgooi.net/attie-en-lene-show/

Not the best quality, but enables you to at least familiarize yourself with the sounds of the language somewhat.

andre
Posts: 196
Joined: 2005-06-20, 16:16
Real Name: Andre Botha
Gender: male
Location: Bloemfontein
Country: ZA South Africa (Suid-Afrika / uMzantsi Afrika / South Africa)

Postby andre » 2005-10-29, 19:46

roscivs wrote:Yeah, is there any way to get Afrikaans music for those of us not living in South Africa? I'd buy some from www.kalahari.net or the like, but they charge R180 for shipping and it takes a month, which I can handle for DVDs (just bought a bunch of Leon Schuster films) but can't justify purchasing a R40 CD from such a place.

Did find some Afrikaans speech here:
http://www.potgooi.net/attie-en-lene-show/

Not the best quality, but enables you to at least familiarize yourself with the sounds of the language somewhat.


I'll find out for you. The problem is that the Afrikaans music industry is small, and the artists are reluctant to have their music on the net where people can download it, instead of buying it.

BTW, roscivs, where did you learn Afrikaans?

roscivs
Posts: 14
Joined: 2005-10-18, 14:42
Gender: female
Location: none

Postby roscivs » 2005-10-29, 20:42

andre wrote:I'll find out for you. The problem is that the Afrikaans music industry is small, and the artists are reluctant to have their music on the net where people can download it, instead of buying it.


What would be really nice is if there was an iTunes equivalent or something similar. I would happily pay .99 USD a song, and I'm sure the Afrikaans artists would be happy to receive it as well.

andre wrote:BTW, roscivs, where did you learn Afrikaans?


Ek het in Suid Afrika (Port Elizabeth) 'n jaar gebly, die meeste tyd in Uitenhage, 'n baie Afrikaanse plek. Ek hou baie van tale, so ek het 'n bietjie Afrikaans geleer. (As much as possible, anyway.)

andre
Posts: 196
Joined: 2005-06-20, 16:16
Real Name: Andre Botha
Gender: male
Location: Bloemfontein
Country: ZA South Africa (Suid-Afrika / uMzantsi Afrika / South Africa)

Postby andre » 2005-10-29, 21:16

roscivs wrote:
andre wrote:I'll find out for you. The problem is that the Afrikaans music industry is small, and the artists are reluctant to have their music on the net where people can download it, instead of buying it.


What would be really nice is if there was an iTunes equivalent or something similar. I would happily pay .99 USD a song, and I'm sure the Afrikaans artists would be happy to receive it as well.

andre wrote:BTW, roscivs, where did you learn Afrikaans?


Ek het in Suid Afrika (Port Elizabeth) 'n jaar gebly, die meeste tyd in Uitenhage, 'n baie Afrikaanse plek. Ek hou baie van tale, so ek het 'n bietjie Afrikaans geleer. (As much as possible, anyway.)


Baie goed!! :D If you want to practice your Afrikaans, at www.langcafe.net there is a Dutch/Afrikaans forum which is much more active than this one. Anyway, I have a friend who's very involved in the Afrikaans music business, I'll find out from him if there's a cheaper way you can buy Afrikaans music. Any specific artists?

roscivs
Posts: 14
Joined: 2005-10-18, 14:42
Gender: female
Location: none

Postby roscivs » 2005-10-29, 21:35

andre wrote:If you want to practice your Afrikaans, at www.langcafe.net there is a Dutch/Afrikaans forum which is much more active than this one.


I've looked there several times but I can't find any Afrikaans forum. Do you typically just post on the Dutch forum? When I looked there I didn't see a lot of Afrikaans-spreking mense.

andre wrote:Anyway, I have a friend who's very involved in the Afrikaans music business, I'll find out from him if there's a cheaper way you can buy Afrikaans music. Any specific artists?


Nee, dis die probleem. Ek het net 'n pare liedjies gehoor, en ek hou van sommige, maar anders ek hou van nie. Ek weet nie watte kunstenaars ek moet luister na nie. :( En ek wil nie baie geld vir musiek ek het nooit gehoor betaal nie.

Praat asseblief met u vriend en sê vir my enige informasie wat u kry! Baie dankie!

andre
Posts: 196
Joined: 2005-06-20, 16:16
Real Name: Andre Botha
Gender: male
Location: Bloemfontein
Country: ZA South Africa (Suid-Afrika / uMzantsi Afrika / South Africa)

Postby andre » 2005-10-30, 7:38

roscivs wrote:
andre wrote:If you want to practice your Afrikaans, at www.langcafe.net there is a Dutch/Afrikaans forum which is much more active than this one.


I've looked there several times but I can't find any Afrikaans forum. Do you typically just post on the Dutch forum? When I looked there I didn't see a lot of Afrikaans-spreking mense.

andre wrote:Anyway, I have a friend who's very involved in the Afrikaans music business, I'll find out from him if there's a cheaper way you can buy Afrikaans music. Any specific artists?


Nee, dis die probleem. Ek het net 'n pare liedjies gehoor, en ek hou van sommige, maar anders ek hou van nie. Ek weet nie watte kunstenaars ek moet luister na nie. :( En ek wil nie baie geld vir musiek ek het nooit gehoor betaal nie.

Praat asseblief met u vriend en sê vir my enige informasie wat u kry! Baie dankie!


Look under Nederlands in the language forum (we share the forum :D ) We are two Afrikaanssprekendes there currently, but there are frequent discussions in and about Afrikaans with especially the Dutch members, but others join in sometimes too. Also look in the Audio forum.http://www.langcafe.net/index.php?f=12

andre
Posts: 196
Joined: 2005-06-20, 16:16
Real Name: Andre Botha
Gender: male
Location: Bloemfontein
Country: ZA South Africa (Suid-Afrika / uMzantsi Afrika / South Africa)

Postby andre » 2005-10-30, 16:06

Here it is! :D :D

Go to www.musiek.co.za

On the left side, scroll down to "Suid-Afrikaanse musiek"
and click on it. A new menu will open.

Click on "kunstenaars". A list of artists will open in the centre of the page. Click on the name of the artist you're interested in. A new page will open. At the top of the page, click on "music". You will now be able to songs af that artist, but only the first minute.
But it gets better.

Under "Suid-Afrikaanse musiek" click on "Kunstenaars Shoppie". On the page that opens, you can either buy a complete CD (to be mailed to you), or.... wait for it... download a song for R5 (which is less that 99 (American) cents. :D

The collection is still small, but growing. I would suggest that you first listen to the samples under "kunstenaars" before you download, so that you can decide which ones you like.

BTW, the site is in Afrikaans, but is available in English. You'll find the link on the left of the homepage too.

Happy shopping!! :D

andre
Posts: 196
Joined: 2005-06-20, 16:16
Real Name: Andre Botha
Gender: male
Location: Bloemfontein
Country: ZA South Africa (Suid-Afrika / uMzantsi Afrika / South Africa)

Postby andre » 2005-10-30, 16:16

Nee, dis die probleem. Ek het net 'n pare liedjies gehoor, en ek hou van sommige, maar anders ek hou van nie. Ek weet nie watte kunstenaars ek moet luister na nie. En ek wil nie baie geld vir musiek ek het nooit gehoor betaal nie.

Praat asseblief met u vriend en sê vir my enige informasie wat u kry! Baie dankie!


Very good, just a few corrections. :wink:

Nee, dis die probleem. Ek het net 'n paar liedjies gehoor, en ek hou van sommige, maar van ander hou ek nie. Ek weet nie na watter kunstenaars ek moet luister nie. En ek wil nie baie geld betaal vir musiek wat ek nooit gehoor het nie.

Praat asseblief met jou vriend en sê vir my van enige inligting wat jy kry! Baie dankie!

u is very formal. Informasie can be used, but inligting is better to use.

roscivs
Posts: 14
Joined: 2005-10-18, 14:42
Gender: female
Location: none

Postby roscivs » 2005-10-30, 17:30

andre wrote:u is very formal. Informasie can be used, but inligting is better to use.


Baie dankie vir jou hulp! Ek weet dat u is baie (formeel?), maar ek vergeet dat mense nie dit baiekeer gebruik nie. (I was trying to be formal and thank you for your assistance, but I was probably being overly formal :) )

My grootste probleem is "word order" (ek weet nie hoe om dit in Afrikaans te sê nie), as jy het gesien. Ek dink ek moet net meer praat!

Ek is baie dankbaar vir jou (korreksies?) ... meer asseblief! En asseblief sê vir my as ek kan "meer Afrikaanse" woorde gebruik.

Ek sal graag op die langcafe forum pos, maar ek weet nie waar ek moet pos om te "Hallo" sê of iets. Dankie weer en tot siens!

andre
Posts: 196
Joined: 2005-06-20, 16:16
Real Name: Andre Botha
Gender: male
Location: Bloemfontein
Country: ZA South Africa (Suid-Afrika / uMzantsi Afrika / South Africa)

Postby andre » 2005-10-30, 18:58

roscivs wrote:
andre wrote:u is very formal. Informasie can be used, but inligting is better to use.


Baie dankie vir jou hulp! Ek weet dat u is baie (formeel?), maar ek vergeet dat mense nie dit baiekeer gebruik nie. (I was trying to be formal and thank you for your assistance, but I was probably being overly formal :) )

My grootste probleem is "word order" (ek weet nie hoe om dit in Afrikaans te sê nie), as jy het gesien. Ek dink ek moet net meer praat!

Ek is baie dankbaar vir jou (korreksies?) ... meer asseblief! En asseblief sê vir my as ek kan "meer Afrikaanse" woorde gebruik.

Ek sal graag op die langcafe forum pos, maar ek weet nie waar ek moet pos om te "Hallo" sê of iets. Dankie weer en tot siens!



I'm actually quite impressed by your Afrikaans!! :wink:

Word order - woordvolgorde

As for langcafé, just register, start posting and you'll be part of us!!

Berndje
Posts: 38
Joined: 2005-12-23, 10:01
Real Name: Bernd Kueck
Gender: male
Location: NRW
Country: DE Germany (Deutschland)
Contact:

Postby Berndje » 2006-01-11, 12:05

baie interesant wat ik het gelees in hierdie forum.

Maar ik zou toch nog graag even willen stilstaan bij een vraag waar ik al langer meezit:

in hoever is het nog steeds mogelijk dat Nederlanders/Vlamingen met Afrikaanders kunnen comuniceren?

Ik bedoel, ik heb NL alleen maar als vreemde taal geleerd, maar als ik een Afrikaanse krant of artikel zie, kan ik hem zonder moeite (vlot) lezen en ook begrijpen.
Dus dan zouden 'echte' NLers of VLers dit ook moeten kunnen.

In een MSN- of Yahoo Chat zou dus iedereen in zijn eigen taal kunnen typen en antwoorden.

Mee eens? :idea:

mvgr
Bernd
Essen (Ruhr) DE

andre
Posts: 196
Joined: 2005-06-20, 16:16
Real Name: Andre Botha
Gender: male
Location: Bloemfontein
Country: ZA South Africa (Suid-Afrika / uMzantsi Afrika / South Africa)

Postby andre » 2006-01-11, 14:00

Afrikaanssprekendes en Nederlands-/Vlaamssprekendes kan met redelike gemak met mekaar kommunikeer. Wanneer hulle met mekaar praat, is dit dikwels nodig om stadig te praat. Dit is egter redelik maklik om mekaar se tale te lees. As jy Nederlands ken, sal jy Afrikaans met min moeite kan lees.


Afrikaans speakers and Dutch/Flemish speakers can communicate with relative ease with each other. When talking, it is often necessary to talk slower. It is, however, fairly easy to read each other's language. If you know Dutch, you will have little problems reading Afrikaans.

Berndje
Posts: 38
Joined: 2005-12-23, 10:01
Real Name: Bernd Kueck
Gender: male
Location: NRW
Country: DE Germany (Deutschland)
Contact:

Postby Berndje » 2006-01-11, 19:51

andre wrote:Afrikaanssprekendes en Nederlands-/Vlaamssprekendes kan met redelike gemak met mekaar kommunikeer. Wanneer hulle met mekaar praat, is dit dikwels nodig om stadig te praat. Dit is egter redelik maklik om mekaar se tale te lees. As jy Nederlands ken, sal jy Afrikaans met min moeite kan lees.


Afrikaans speakers and Dutch/Flemish speakers can communicate with relative ease with each other. When talking, it is often necessary to talk slower. It is, however, fairly easy to read each other's language. If you know Dutch, you will have little problems reading Afrikaans.


Baie dankie vir hierdie antwoord.

Dus lezen (dat weet ik van mezelf) is geen punt, maar tijdens een live-gesprek is het wat lastiger, maar als beide deelnemers met mekaar rekening houden, zou het moeten gaan, afhankelijk van de sprekers: dialect of standaard taal.

Ik spreek helaas aktief geen Afrikaans, en ik wil het ook niet gaan imiteren en zo doen alsof, want dat klinkt zeker stom en offensive.

Maar toch blijf ik af en toe hier langs komen.

Is er trouwens een teorie waarom de grammatica van het Afrikaans zo sterk is vereenvoudigd door de evolutie?
Is there a theory why Afrikaans grammar has been simplified by evolution so drastically dropping all case endings?
deutsch / Nederlands / français / English / italiano / español / polski

andre
Posts: 196
Joined: 2005-06-20, 16:16
Real Name: Andre Botha
Gender: male
Location: Bloemfontein
Country: ZA South Africa (Suid-Afrika / uMzantsi Afrika / South Africa)

Postby andre » 2006-01-11, 20:24

Jou eerste sin is puik Afrikaans! :wink:

There is a very lively Dutch/Afrikaans discussion at www.langcafe.net where many of your questions will be answered.

Marijn
Posts: 1
Joined: 2006-05-09, 7:11
Real Name: Marijn
Gender: male
Location: Arnhem
Country: NL The Netherlands (Nederland)

Postby Marijn » 2006-05-09, 7:21

roscivs wrote:Translation:

You are the rock upon which our races stand??

I can understand you're confused. I'm Dutch, so it's not difficult for me to understand Afrikaans.

This is the correct sentence of the song:
'Jy is die rots waarop ons huisie staan'.

Listen very carefully to the song and you will hear it too.

English translation:
'You are the rock upon which our house stands'.

toksave
Posts: 231
Joined: 2005-09-11, 0:10
Real Name: dayron anaya
Gender: male
Location: Miami
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Postby toksave » 2006-05-12, 4:27

the download link is no working anymore, can someone share with me the song?

User avatar
allemaalmeezinge
Posts: 3846
Joined: 2005-06-17, 6:01
Real Name: Tobias
Gender: male
Location: flowerful lands :)

Postby allemaalmeezinge » 2006-05-24, 9:55

toksave wrote:the download link is no working anymore, can someone share with me the song?


ek wil ook =)

User avatar
dorenda
Posts: 2896
Joined: 2004-11-17, 23:02
Real Name: Dorenda
Gender: female
Country: PL Poland (Polska)
Contact:

Postby dorenda » 2006-05-24, 22:30

I still have that song somewhere on my computer, so if you let me know your email address, I can send it to you.
нехай мій гаманець порожній
моя дорога невідома
я стану вільним, подорожнім
найголовніше вийти з дому


Return to “Afrikaans”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron