[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Movies in Urdu and Hindi - Page 3 - UniLang

Movies in Urdu and Hindi

Moderator: Meera

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Movies in Urdu and Hindi

Postby Meera » 2010-08-30, 2:16

TeneReef wrote:I hope Asin is not dubbed. :hmm:
She seems to speak Hindi better than Deepika (Tamil too, aside from her mother tongue Malayalam).

Poor Deepika, whatever language she speaks, people laugh at her accent, be it English, Hindi, Kannada...And I don't know how fluent she is in her native language: Konkani (she's from Mangalore, but raised in Bangalore). But she's young so let's wait for awhile :)

I know for a fact Asin is not dubbed in Hindi or Tamil. I love Asin though :D I love her with Vijay :luv:

And yeah Poor Deeps.. she has had a rough road in bollywood. :( Shes soo naturally pretty though, I loved her in Om Shanti Om dubbed or not :lol:
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

Nazīr

Postby Nazīr » 2010-08-31, 6:55

kalemiye wrote:Thank you for posting that song Vilayati, I love oldies!

:woohoo: Glad you liked it, kalemiye. I'll soon post a list of my favorite Bollywood oldies in the songs thread. BTW, I'm quite impressed you have a taste for these classics. Not many young people appreciate them like we do :waytogo:

Meera wrote:I actaully loved her in Jab We Met especially with Shahid.. omg :wub: Im mad her and Shahid wont do a movie ever again after their
break up because their pairing is awesome.

Have you seen Milenge Milenge? Technically it was made before their break-up but the release was delayed until this summer.

Meera wrote:And I love Madhuri but I liked Karisma's charecter in DTPH, like Madhuri was just
playing the perfect annoying girl. :lol:

:D I'm also a huge fan of Madhuri (most beautiful actress, EVER). And one-dimensional characters who don't evolve through the film is one my biggest problems with Bollywood :x
ख़ुसरो दरिया प्रेम का उल्टा वा धार । जो उतरा सो डूब गया जो डूबा सो पार | अमीर ख़ुसरौ दहलवी
O Khusro, the river of love runs in strange directions. |
The one who enters it drowns, and the one who drowns, gets across. |
Amīr Khusro of Dehlī (1253–1325 CE)

Nazīr

Postby Nazīr » 2010-08-31, 8:03

TeneReef wrote:I enjoyed the movie Fashion. And New York was nice too. :blush:
I like movies like that.

If you liked Fashion, I would recommend Page 3 - also directed by Madhur Bhandarkar.

TeneReef wrote:and I hate that fake slamming sound when they give punches on someone's face; it's so jackie chen, so 1975 :lol:

:haharight: The DISHOOM! DISHOOM! is hilarious, lol

TeneReef wrote:Truth to be told, I've been departing from Bollywood to Kollywood, Tamils have more down-to-earth themes, and songs are more Indian (not that modern techno sounds of most Bollywood sountracks of today)...See the movie called Kutty. :whistle:

I have also heard that South Indian films have maintained a much more authentic cultural aesthetic in their films than Hindi films. And which Kutty are you referring to exactly? There have been two films by the same name, released in 2001 and 2010.

TeneReef wrote:My favorite actresses are Asin, Kang'na R., Pryanka Chopra and Lara Dutta. :yep:
Deepika P., Bipasha and Katrina K. ain't too bad either. :hmm:
As for actors, I like Vivek Oberoi and Adhyayan Suman. :mrgreen:

Like all of them, except for Deepika and Katrina.

TeneReef wrote: As for the language used in Hindu movie industry, I like the Northern accent (Delhi-Punjab-U Pradesh) and the accent Southern actors have (Asin, Deepika, Vivek Oberoi). But I cannot stand the Marathi accent, it's so muffled (not clear) and the intonation is irritating. :doggy: I wish there were diction classes (accent coaching) for actors, I like the accents Northern actresses have (Pryanka and Kang'na).

Priyanka also has a pretty authentic American accent when she speaks English; she picked it up while growing up in the US. You can hear it at the beginning of this song clip.

Urdu diction in particular is very desirable in Bollywood and show business in general, it seems. Even Lata Mangeshkar (who is Marathi) had to undergo training in order to perfect her Urdu pronunciation.

TeneReef wrote:PS
I don't like Kareena, she is ugly.
No way she would be hired in Hollywood.
She made it in Bollywood because of her connections in the industry (pulled some strings big time) and not because of her talent or looks.

I must disagree. I don't think Kareena is ugly at all. Being a Kapoor may have helped her break into the industry, especially since her debut film (Refugee) was by A-list director J.P. Dutta opposite Abhishek Bachchan. However, she had to struggle for years by working her way through a lot of really bad films. It wasn't until Jab We Met that she became one of the industry's most sought after actresses.

Before Jab We Met, she received a LOT of critical acclaim for her performances in Chameli, Yuva, Dev, Fida, and Omkara.

TeneReef wrote:Kareena should do a Tamil movie, the beauty of the hero would suit the beauty of the heroine. :mrgreen:

Um, what exactly are you implying? That Tamil actors are ugly? I'm assuming this was a joke, a pretty tasteless and unfunny one at that.
Last edited by Nazīr on 2010-08-31, 8:33, edited 1 time in total.
ख़ुसरो दरिया प्रेम का उल्टा वा धार । जो उतरा सो डूब गया जो डूबा सो पार | अमीर ख़ुसरौ दहलवी

Nazīr

Postby Nazīr » 2010-08-31, 8:32

Meera wrote:
TeneReef wrote:

Kareena and Karisma had no connections at all. Their family is notorius for not letting the women act and both of those girls had it quite rough.

This is very true. Karisma especially had to work in a lot of trashy Bollywood films. On an episode of Koffee with Karan, her dad (Randhir Kapoor) mentions how difficult it was for Karisma early in her career to get decent roles.

Meera wrote:
kalemiye wrote:They don't know Hindi!?

No they don't. katrina does but her accent is so bad u cant understand her like she was just reading lines. you cn hear her terrible accent in "namaste london". Im not sure about her other movies but Deeps was dubbed in Om shanti Om. I havent seen love aaj kal and i only seen bits and piceses of khartik calling khartik. She was not dubbed in Bachna Ae hasseno but her accent was attrious. Rani Mukerji was dubbed in Ghulam because of her Bangla accent but after that she was never dubbed again. I think Bipasha was dubbed in some movies due to her Bengali accent too. But Bipasha and Rani now use their own vocies.

Katrina doesn't know Hindi (yet). She's studying the language but still has a very strong accent. However it worked perfectly for her role in Namastey London as the westernized British Indian girl. She's a classic example of a pretty girl with little talent making it big. I understand your shock, kalemiye. It's beyond laughable that someone can succeed as an actor and not even know the language. :shock:

I'm almost certain Deepika was only dubbed in OSO, and her accent in BAH didn't bother me at all. Bipasha was definitely dubbed early in her career; her film Ajnabee comes to mind.

TeneReef wrote:I hope Asin is not dubbed. :hmm:
She seems to speak Hindi better than Deepika (Tamil too, aside from her mother tongue Malayalam).

Asin's Hindi is flawless. My mom couldn't even tell she was South Indian after watching Ghajini.

Meera wrote:And yeah Poor Deeps.. she has had a rough road in bollywood. :( Shes soo naturally pretty though, I loved her in Om Shanti Om dubbed or not :lol:

Nowhere near as rough as Sonam Kapoor, who I like more than Deepika. Anyone seen her two recent films?

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2010-09-01, 6:01

yeah i saw i hate luv stories and aisha both were great.
अहिंसा

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2010-09-03, 3:39

I just saw a Malayali movie Robin Hood. It has the same problem of most recent Indian movies.
It starts nicely, it's interesting until the end of the 2nd third, and then I'm all puzzled, I don't know what is happening at all :twisted: Too many unbelievable twists, end the plot suddenly turns into a labyrinth hard to follow. I think everything has its limits. :P
Suddenly the cook is a spy, her grandmother is an undercover agent, who was in love with the villain many years ago. :P :roll: Things like that.

Sometimes, less is more.
I hope you have seen Hercule Poirot (old English series), where he (detective Poirot) solves everything in the last 5 minutes of the episode. This reminds me of Indian movies.

That's why I liked Fashion, and New York, they were more realistic. :)
Too many twists can make a movie look like a parody. :doggy:
learning:  (ne)  (sv)  (es-ar)  (hi) (Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Telugu)

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2010-09-04, 2:58

TeneReef wrote:I just saw a Malayali movie Robin Hood. It has the same problem of most recent Indian movies.
It starts nicely, it's interesting until the end of the 2nd third, and then I'm all puzzled, I don't know what is happening at all :twisted: Too many unbelievable twists, end the plot suddenly turns into a labyrinth hard to follow. I think everything has its limits. :P
Suddenly the cook is a spy, her grandmother is an undercover agent, who was in love with the villain many years ago. :P :roll: Things like that.

Sometimes, less is more.
I hope you have seen Hercule Poirot (old English series), where he (detective Poirot) solves everything in the last 5 minutes of the episode. This reminds me of Indian movies.

That's why I liked Fashion, and New York, they were more realistic. :)
Too many twists can make a movie look like a parody. :doggy:

:biglol:
अहिंसा

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2010-09-07, 1:59

Don't bother with the movie Jail. I watched it because of Mugdha but it was boring as hell. :cry:
2 and a half hours wasted. :doggy: Her newest film Help is even worse. :doggy:

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2010-09-07, 2:47

TeneReef wrote:Don't bother with the movie Jail. I watched it because of Mugdha but it was boring as hell. :cry:
2 and a half hours wasted. :doggy: Her newest film Help is even worse. :doggy:

yes I heard they were awful!

Are you a Salman Khan fan? he has a new movie called Dabaang coming out!
अहिंसा

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2010-09-07, 9:20

I've found out in a Malayali forum that people from Kerala don't understand Hindi movies although they learn Hindi at school because the language used in movies is more Urdu than Hindi. :) Ain't it funny.

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2010-09-09, 3:32

TeneReef wrote:I've found out in a Malayali forum that people from Kerala don't understand Hindi movies although they learn Hindi at school because the language used in movies is more Urdu than Hindi. :) Ain't it funny.

Yeah I know what you mean, but I think they can understand more of the conversations then songs. I have no problems with dialogs but the songs omg I cant understand really poetic ones its soo hard
अहिंसा

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2010-09-09, 16:26

An old movie tip:

KAAL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA6V2h8q8jM

:yep: :oops:
Lara Dutta gets so scared in this one :haharight: :lolhuh: :tired:

Here is the trailer dubbed in German :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LWsUD7L ... re=related

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2010-09-10, 0:20

TeneReef wrote:An old movie tip:

KAAL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA6V2h8q8jM

:yep: :oops:
Lara Dutta gets so scared in this one :haharight: :lolhuh: :tired:

Here is the trailer dubbed in German :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LWsUD7L ... re=related

Taaauba Taauba!!! and omg John Abrham soooooo hottt
अहिंसा

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2010-09-12, 21:14

OMFG I saw Dabaang! Its amazing! full of masala, masti, sab kuch!just awesome, salman was awesome
अहिंसा

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2010-09-15, 9:02

I am waiting for the new Priyanka's movie. Anjaana Anjaani :)

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2010-09-15, 17:42

TeneReef wrote:I am waiting for the new Priyanka's movie. Anjaana Anjaani :)

me too

but go see Dabanng! Its the biggest blockbuster in india right now
अहिंसा

TeneReef

Postby TeneReef » 2010-09-16, 21:04

I will see Dabang later when it's released on DVD because here in Croatia there are no Indian movies in theaters (only American ones: I will watch Piranha3d) :(

I just saw Aa dekhen zaraa, it's very enjoyable.
Neil and Bipasha, and they speak very slow, so it's very good for learning Hindi. :D
They treated each other with Tum :hmm: but they were in a relationship. :?

You can learn many new words in Hindi movies because the words are separate(d) and not
joined. In Malayalam movies one word = one sentence, it's so complicated to learn. :cry:

Nazīr

Postby Nazīr » 2010-11-06, 3:57

TeneReef wrote:I will see Dabang later when it's released on DVD because here in Croatia there are no Indian movies in theaters
It wasn't until just a few years ago that our local theater started to play Hindi films, so I know exactly how you feel. Indians seem to be moving all over the world these days, sometimes to the most random of places. Is there any community in Croatia by chance?

TeneReef wrote:I just saw Aa dekhen zaraa, it's very enjoyable.
I really like this song from ADZ :)

Nazīr

Postby Nazīr » 2010-11-06, 4:04

I've been very disappointed by some of Bollywood's recent releases. If I hear that any of these films are good, I just might go see them over my winter break :wink:

Nov 19 | Guzaarish - Trailer
Nov 26 | Break Ke Baad - Trailer
Dec 10 | Band Baaja Baaraat - Trailer

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2010-11-06, 16:13

Sajay Leela Bhansali did Guzaarish, so it must be very good. Other recent movies I really enjoyed were I hate Luv Stories, and Aisha. And Im going to see Action Replay this weekend :mrgreen:
अहिंसा

Return to “Hindi/Urdu (हिन्दी/اُردو)”