[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 403: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_data::$country_names_en
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Undefined property: unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions::$regionsdata
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/unilang/languages/includes/lang_functions.php on line 424: Trying to get property of non-object
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Songs in Hindi and Urdu - Page 33 - UniLang

Songs in Hindi and Urdu

Moderator: Meera

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Songs in Hindi and Urdu

Postby Meera » 2013-12-02, 5:45

That was very cute, thanks vijayjohn!
अहिंसा
TAC 2015:  (hi) (ja) (ar) (fr)
Loves: (bn) (ta) (id) (tr) (ur)

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2013-12-17, 6:21

अहिंसा

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2013-12-23, 5:48

Bijlee's name always reminds me of this well-known song ("Hawa Hawaai" a.k.a. "Bijlee Ki Rani" from Mr. India (1987)). :lol: (Actually, it reminds me more specifically of the clips of this song shown in Salaam Bombay! (1988), but this is the original):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdgwvgYdQT8

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-01-02, 4:00

अहिंसा

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-01-13, 18:20

अहिंसा

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-02-11, 0:00

अहिंसा

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-02-11, 0:07

अहिंसा

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-02-11, 0:22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSBEpXYwP7o
I couls use some Sunny Sunny Sunny here now. :( Anyway I will deffintly be blasting this song going to the beach in the summer :P
अहिंसा

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-02-16, 0:45

अहिंसा

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-02-16, 3:33

अहिंसा

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-02-18, 6:56

Posting a ghazal by Ghalib again after just over a year because I love these ghazals and can even sing them so why not. :P

This one is "Hazaaron Khwaahishen Aisi" as sung by Lata Mangeshkar. It almost sounds like a movie song :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44EmHgp8QME

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-02-20, 18:00

I hear this song on Star Plus all the time, it's really catchy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoX5nhKnllw
अहिंसा

Bijlee

Postby Bijlee » 2014-02-21, 16:42

This song has been stuck in my head a lot lately:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH7QQAduxh8

What does jalwon mean in this song when it says, "jalwon ki roshni milegi nahin"? I can't find it in my dictionary.

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-02-21, 17:28

Oh I love that song :D Actually I love most of the songs from Kisna. Sushmita Sen looks gorgeous in this song too, did you know she's Bengali? :mrgreen: This song is hard song though. The song is about her singing that she won't lift her veil for her lover to see her face. Chiliman uthegi nahin means like the veil won't lift. When she says, "jalwon ki roshni milegi nahin" I think it's supposed to mean something like this veil won't let you see this beauty. It's a not a literal translation though. The literal translation would be like "the light will not manifest" which makes like no sense to the context of the song.
अहिंसा

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-02-21, 17:34

Another song from Kisna:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZogcmNls0FY

The rope dancing part is so cool.
अहिंसा

Bijlee

Postby Bijlee » 2014-02-21, 17:45

Meera wrote:Oh I love that song :D Actually I love most of the songs from Kisna. Sushmita Sen looks gorgeous in this song too, did you know she's Bengali? :mrgreen: This song is hard song though. The song is about her singing that she won't lift her veil for her lover to see her face. Chiliman uthegi nahin means like the veil won't lift. When she says, "jalwon ki roshni milegi nahin" I think it's supposed to mean something like this veil won't let you see this beauty. It's a not a literal translation though. The literal translation would be like "the light will not manifest" which makes like no sense to the context of the song.

Thanks, Meera! Yeah, that song is really hard to translate. It's so pretty though. I love all the blue colors in the video.
I didn't listen to any other songs from Kisna. Maybe I should- I like the song you just posted too. :mrgreen:

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-02-21, 18:26

No problem Bijlee, I hope it's an accurate translation :P The songs from Kisna are good but the film is bad.
अहिंसा

Meera
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Meera » 2014-02-21, 18:44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv5U9ev4Vd8
I accidently found this while searching for Titanic in Hindi. Now I will have this song in my head for days :P
अहिंसा

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Postby eskandar » 2014-02-22, 7:53

Bijlee wrote:What does jalwon mean
JalwoN is the oblique form of jalwa which you can find in Platts.
Tracking my progress here. Please correct my mistakes in any language.

Bijlee

Postby Bijlee » 2014-02-22, 16:06

Sweet- thanks, Eskandar! :)

Return to “Hindi/Urdu (हिन्दी/اُردو)”